The Ashes - Official Thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: The Ashes - Official Thread

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:48 am

I'd be tempted to put in some youngsters and give them the summer. Hain, Duckett, Donald, Hameed, Helm, Stone, Mahmood. Plenty of potential there.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 am

Neville Bartos wrote:I'd be tempted to put in some youngsters and give them the summer. Hain, Duckett, Donald, Hameed, Helm, Stone, Mahmood. Plenty of potential there.

I'm sticking with Gary Glitter.

We need a leader.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Moses

Postby Moses » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:32 pm

It is absolutely pointless to discuss Root at 3, because it won't happen.

Everyone seems to be giving Stoneman props, but his Ashes average was lower than Vince's. Again, I'm not exactly backing Vince, but for me he showed he has got the technique and ability, it's purely a mental thing with him leaving the wide ball. When he's been set he looks imperious, the first innings he barely gave a chance but got stupidly run out, he also got one of the best balls you will EVER see, it's just chasing that wide ball too much. Whereas Stoneman clearly has a technical problem with the short ball, which is worrying for an opener, and he will be getting peppered from now on.

I'd definitely shoehorn Hameed back in, he has got the minerals to do it, and I'm looking forward to seeing Livingstone given a chance, apparently he has got the right mentality and hits the ball hard.
0 x
It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 pm

palerider wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:I'd be tempted to put in some youngsters and give them the summer. Hain, Duckett, Donald, Hameed, Helm, Stone, Mahmood. Plenty of potential there.

I'm sticking with Gary Glitter.

We need a leader.

I think Gary would support getting the youngsters in too.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

Fuck the Ashes.....This is real Cricket..... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

262-2 as I'm Posting....Don't fuck this up....PLEASE.................................
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:08 pm

mkhammer wrote:Fuck the Ashes.....This is real Cricket..... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

262-2 as I'm Posting....Don't fuck this up....PLEASE.................................

I enjoyed that.Knew we would do well at the one day format.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:03 pm

mkhammer wrote:Fuck the Ashes.....This is real Cricket..... .

Shame on you! The Don and Sir Len would be spinning in their graves, if that was a real thing.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 am

Neville Bartos wrote:

Shame on you! The Don and Sir Len would be spinning in their graves, if that was a real thing.

Tongue firmly in cheek Nev...........

Mind you none of it is a patch on 20-20....... :i am genuinely amused:

You don't work for the press do you,taking part of a quote and spinning it to something different,
even if mine were Emojis.... :i am genuinely amused:

Nice to get some kinda decent win,mind you apart from Root and Roy,the others,weren't happy,
so not to confident for the rest of it TBH..
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:10 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Tongue firmly in cheek Nev...........

Mind you none of it is a patch on 20-20....... :i am genuinely amused:

You don't work for the press do you,taking part of a quote and spinning it to something different,
even if mine were Emojis.... :i am genuinely amused:

Nice to get some kinda decent win,mind you apart from Root and Roy,the others,weren't happy,
so not to confident for the rest of it TBH..

I sort of agree with you, mate. I think Test and Twenty 20 are the two best forms of the game. I'd be quite happy if 50 over cricket were permanently consigned to the scrap heap.

Winning's always good, but I'd swap a win in the ODI series for the Ashes in less than a heartbeat. The Aussies have the main course, this is the scraps.
0 x

john88

Postby john88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 am

0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”