World Championship Darts:Taylor v Cross

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Moses

Re: World Championship Darts:Taylor v Cross

Postby Moses » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm going to bet on the fat bloke to win next year.
0 x
It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 pm

jameskel wrote:Proper mans sport

:D

It was quite weird because on Talksport yesterday,a listener said hardly anyone played it and it was a minority sport and Durham and Gough agreed with him and said what a great call?.I was staggered,to say the least.

I thought "What the f*ck are they talking about?"

I`m sure more people play darts,than actually play cricket in this country and that is meant to be the 3rd most popular sport?I know loads of people that pick up a set of darts,but I don`t know many that pick up a cricket bat,do you?How many people do you know in your street that play tennis?But I bet a few of them play darts?

Darts is a far more popular sport than many,because we ALL can play it.Not like Sailing,
Equestrian or Fencing?
0 x

Moses

Postby Moses » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Terry, it is not a sport my friend. It's a pub game. An entertaining one no doubt, but you cannot have a 56 year old man with tits like a divorced clairvoyant getting to the final of any genuine sport.
1 x
It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 pm

palerider wrote:Why was it on Talksport ? Darts isn't a sport, we've had this before.

It should have been on Talkpasstime.

I will agree that it is not perhaps a physical sport(Football might not be the way it`s going),but it`s a skill,very competitive and most of all very entertaining.

Anybody that watched the MVG and Cross Semi-Final was gripped by it and that is what it is about.One of the most entertaining sporting Events this year to me.

Everyone to their own though.I do understand people saying it`s not a sport,but that`s up to them.I thoroughly enjoy it.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Moses wrote:Terry, it is not a sport my friend. It's a pub game. An entertaining one no doubt, but you cannot have a 56 year old man with tits like a divorced clairvoyant getting to the final of any genuine sport.

That did make me laugh. :D
0 x

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Postby eastcoastclaret » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Darts is entertaining, but it’s not a sport, it’s a pub game.

As my late father told me many years ago,to qualify as a sport special shoes must be worn.

:D
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm waiting for the shove 'alfpenny world championships to come round. :)
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”