When I was a kid

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
terrya1965

Re: When I was a kid

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm

I do remember skating on icy lakes has a kid.

Seemed to have no fear has a kid.There was no health and safety in them days.

I also remember a 20 foot icicle hanging from our flats roof.If it had fallen,it would have killed someone. :o

We use to go outside and water the paths late at night,so it was all iced up to slide in the morning.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:52 am

grandad wrote::idea:
mkhammer wrote:

Fuck me GD gotta spill the beans now mate......... :i am genuinely amused:

Tried, well failed miserably if I'm Honest to nick a coach once..........thing wouldn't start
thank fuck,bout 16 and really pissed....Christ knows what would have happened.
Had a good think about it next day,kinda taught me a lesson....behave when your pissed.... ;)

Me and 3 mates walked past a empty bus at Trinity church barking road canning town. The drivers and conductors used to change over there and were all talking having a smoke. .... So we walked onto it and nicked the conductors spare ticket rolls of paper and me being a absolute wanker I jumped off and run to drivers door and fucked about with gears and peddles next thing I was moving towards hermit road and all of a sudden the door open and a big black bloke jumped in and stopped it. Called me a cunt and hit me around the head. i am genuinely amused.

Me being me then called it on with him and he hit me hard this time. i am genuinely amused.

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: That'll teach yer....
Quick slap round the ear,and a F**k off,don't do it again,OR ELSE......Much better...these days
All shorts of Social/care workers get involved,Parents questioned on bad parenting,and the kids off
to some young offenders rehabilitation camp in the fucking Algarve,or somewhere..
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 pm

mkhammer wrote:
grandad wrote::idea:

Me and 3 mates walked past a empty bus at Trinity church barking road canning town. The drivers and conductors used to change over there and were all talking having a smoke. .... So we walked onto it and nicked the conductors spare ticket rolls of paper and me being a absolute wanker I jumped off and run to drivers door and fucked about with gears and peddles next thing I was moving towards hermit road and all of a sudden the door open and a big black bloke jumped in and stopped it. Called me a cunt and hit me around the head. i am genuinely amused.

Me being me then called it on with him and he hit me hard this time. i am genuinely amused.

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: That'll teach yer....
Quick slap round the ear,and a F**k off,don't do it again,OR ELSE......Much better...these days
All shorts of Social/care workers get involved,Parents questioned on bad parenting,and the kids off
to some young offenders rehabilitation camp in the fucking Algarve,or somewhere..

Mate I was a fucking nightmare ...Always up to all sorts. And not all good. i am genuinely amused.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 pm

My paper round was the 2 blocks of flats at the top of Abbey Lane just over the sewer bank from the LS. I used to help myself to orange juice from the milkman's float while he was still in the flats. Not sure if he set me up but one pitch black morning I reached in, grabbed the first container as usual and it was either year old cream or one of the first yogurts delivered to the east end. Fucking rank. Never touched his merchandise again. :D
Wouldn't have been the same milkie, wish it was, but years later we nicked the whole milk float. :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:11 am

tassiehammer wrote:My paper round was the 2 blocks of flats at the top of Abbey Lane just over the sewer bank from the LS. I used to help myself to orange juice from the milkman's float while he was still in the flats. Not sure if he set me up but one pitch black morning I reached in, grabbed the first container as usual and it was either year old cream or one of the first yogurts delivered to the east end. Fucking rank. Never touched his merchandise again. :D
Wouldn't have been the same milkie, wish it was, but years later we nicked the whole milk float. :i am genuinely amused:

I had a paper round at the stall outside the Abbey arms pub .... Evening standard and evening news. Saturday's classified i am genuinely amused 2 quid a week

Happy days. Where have them yesrs gone.
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 am

tassiehammer wrote:My paper round was the 2 blocks of flats at the top of Abbey Lane just over the sewer bank from the LS. I used to help myself to orange juice from the milkman's float while he was still in the flats. Not sure if he set me up but one pitch black morning I reached in, grabbed the first container as usual and it was either year old cream or one of the first yogurts delivered to the east end. Fucking rank. Never touched his merchandise again. :D

Classic, replying to myself. :i am genuinely amused:
Remembering the flats in Abbey Lane. Before they, and the new housing estate were built, there were a load of old terrace houses with dead end side streets running off them. The council moved most of us around the corner near the river. They completely flattened most of Abbey Lane and it was like a bomb site. We had our camps made from old tyres , old timber, probably old sheets of asbestos and anything we could get our hands on. Anyway, there we were in our camp on a saturday in 1966. "Fuck, we better get home, the footballs starts soon" or words to that effect. What a fucking fabulous day it turned out. Black & white telly, whole family sitting around it, proper 3 lions on a shirt. They think its all over, bang, it is now.
2 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:45 am

tassiehammer wrote:

Classic, replying to myself. :i am genuinely amused:
Remembering the flats in Abbey Lane. Before they, and the new housing estate were built, there were a load of old terrace houses with dead end side streets running off them. The council moved most of us around the corner near the river. They completely flattened most of Abbey Lane and it was like a bomb site. We had our camps made from old tyres , old timber, probably old sheets of asbestos and anything we could get our hands on. Anyway, there we were in our camp on a saturday in 1966. "Fuck, we better get home, the footballs starts soon" or words to that effect. What a fucking fabulous day it turned out. Black & white telly, whole family sitting around it, proper 3 lions on a shirt. They think its all over, bang, it is now.

When I left school mate I worked in dane printing inks suger house lane. ..... Used to play football in the park in Abbey lane at dinner time. 20 mins each way

How long you been down under ?
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:56 pm

grandad wrote:
tassiehammer wrote:Classic, replying to myself. :i am genuinely amused:

When I left school mate I worked in dane printing inks suger house lane. ..... Used to play football in the park in Abbey lane at dinner time. 20 mins each way

Got here november 88.
We lived in Abbey Lane just a few houses up from the old primary school then they gave us a nice council house around the corner in Leggatt rd. Between the sewer bridge at the bottom of Abbey Lane and the Adam & Eve pub there were 3 massive ditches called the 3 sisters. We'd play in them as kids, untill the fly tippers started filling them up, found out later that they were bomb craters left by some german geezer who couldn't find the London docks.
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 am

tassiehammer wrote:
grandad wrote:

Got here november 88.
We lived in Abbey Lane just a few houses up from the old primary school then they gave us a nice council house around the corner in Leggatt rd. Between the sewer bridge at the bottom of Abbey Lane and the Adam & Eve pub there were 3 massive ditches called the 3 sisters. We'd play in them as kids, untill the fly tippers started filling them up, found out later that they were bomb craters left by some german geezer who couldn't find the London docks.

did harry short have the Adam and eve then ?

used to go there some nights after work in Danes printing inks and it made a change from the woodman

mate I am now getting old I know but seems like yesterday when I was working there but in truth its over 40 years ago

anyway no mre chatting here got me a white van I need t drive ( its silver in truth i am genuinely amused I fluking love my job now )
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 am

grandad wrote:
tassiehammer wrote:Got here november 88.

did harry short have the Adam and eve then ?

used to go there some nights after work in Danes printing inks and it made a change from the woodman

mate I am now getting old I know but seems like yesterday when I was working there but in truth its over 40 years ago

anyway no mre chatting here got me a white van I need t drive ( its silver in truth i am genuinely amused I fluking love my job now )

Doubt he had it then, that was in the 60s :i am genuinely amused:
Used to drink in there now and again when he did have it though. Woodman was my old man's local. A bloke Peter and his wife Ivy had it. She used to come across as too good for the pub and the area but as soon as afters started and she hit the gin she was soon down to our level. :i am genuinely amused:
Drive carefully, the traffic over there is shocking. And if you come across any moped gangs, run the cunts over. :D
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”