After 40 years

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
grandad

After 40 years

Post by grandad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:09 pm

In construction I said bollocks to it yesterday

I inducted 6 Romanians not 1 spoke any English not a word and all though not a massive site a big enough site and site rules needed to be followed but if you cannot understand the rules how can you follow them you would think ?

So I held them back called the top man and he said fucks sake they were here to clear certain area so the work could go on. But they are a danger to themselves and others I said. He said just let this go this time and change them on Monday

So I just walked out changed My boots to shoes put boots in bin and cut my CSCS card up.

that's me lot with construction and a new job is on the horizon for me after a few weeks off.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

terrya1965

Re: After 40 years

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:09 pm

I thought they had really strict regulations on site now?
0 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:17 pm

terrya1965 wrote:I thought they had really strict regulations on site now?

So many cards out there that come from proper offices but with crocked cunts passing them for few quid on top.

The industry fucked mate
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:38 pm

grandad wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:I thought they had really strict regulations on site now?

So many cards out there that come from proper offices but with crocked cunts passing them for few quid on top.

The industry fucked mate

You need a card to sh*t nowadays!! :shock:
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 pm

There’s a shortage of car washers over there apparently ,might be an opportunity.
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:38 pm

i have the same issues with some deliveries. some drivers not speaking a word of fucking english in a health and safety driven environment. told somebody i use not to use that haulier again due to ratio of foreign drivers. if that makes me a racist, fuck it. i want the job done right. i want them and everyone else to be safe. when loading at mine or delivering to customers throughout the uk. also, zero communication on delivery with multi-drops on board has a massively increased likelihood to go wrong. so i'm protecting my firm and trying to maintain a world class delivery performance. criteria i'm appraised on and the entire workforce has a % of its bonus based on that also.

the country is messed up. logic kicked to the kerb. just to keep it all pc.

fuck off .... call it how it is.
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

grandad

Post by grandad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 am

whu wrote:i have the same issues with some deliveries. some drivers not speaking a word of fucking english in a health and safety driven environment. told somebody i use not to use that haulier again due to ratio of foreign drivers. if that makes me a racist, fuck it. i want the job done right. i want them and everyone else to be safe. when loading at mine or delivering to customers throughout the uk. also, zero communication on delivery with multi-drops on board has a massively increased likelihood to go wrong. so i'm protecting my firm and trying to maintain a world class delivery performance. criteria i'm appraised on and the entire workforce has a % of its bonus based on that also.

the country is messed up. logic kicked to the kerb. just to keep it all pc.

fuck off .... call it how it is.

Spot on mate ... Let's get it right also about theses jobs a lot of English don't want to do them I understand that ... But we have gone Back years with standard and quality of work. Cheap labour and it's just worn me down. And that this week just tipped me over the edge. ..... And you know what it's like a 10 tonne weight has been lifted off me.

The counties fucked but we cannot dare to say it because the pinkos will scream extreme right wing
Last edited by grandad on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 am

I waited in for a delivery last year from Hermes. No show. I phoned them and their rep said the guy had tried to call but I wasn't in. I told them I'd been in all day but it's possible I was in the kitchen, but if that was the case surely they'd have left a note. She said that was their policy but she apologised and said they'd be here the following day.

Exactly the same thing happened.

Now the estate I live on is like a maze. Even the satnav takes you to a different road, at which point the drivers will phone me and I meet them. But this guy didn't. I began complaint procedures about wasting 2 full days of my time, then I eventually got a call from one of the bosses.

He admitted their error and I was refunded £20 and I picked up the parcel myself from their depot. Chatting to the staff there, it turned out that the driver, who was called Yorgi or something, was Bulgarian and didn't speak a word of English. He'd lied about calling as he didn't want to appear a cunt.

:lol:
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Hammerite

Post by Hammerite » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Good on you Grandad and good luck with the job search
0 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Hammerite wrote:Good on you Grandad and good luck with the job search

I.might become a white van man lol. Or a B and Q hello man. Maybe a lollypop man. Lol.
0 x