Ask the yank

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Red Indians ,Native Americans,or just plain old “injuns” ?
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Why do you call cake muffins ,?

So it's ok to eat for breakfast ???? i am genuinely amused

Kidding
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Вест Хам

Postby Вест Хам » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:10 pm

mkhammer wrote:Funny when some says they're American to me,it's like someone saying they're European....
So many different cultures.....

I Always ask where from ,so whereabouts you from Bect...... :D

I am from Chicago, but my ancestors are from Persia/Central Asia

Noni wrote:Why do you like cheese with everything?... :roll: :D

Who doesn't like cheese with everything :D :D

frogiron wrote:
Вест Хам wrote:I just noticed that people say that a lot.

I imagine its because it comes off as stronger than "I don't mind" or something.

But it actually means the opposite of what you suggest.

I could NOT care less would indicate "I don't mind".

I COULD care less indicates you actually care, because you could care less.

As an American, I think it is your responsibility to realise and admit the error, and tell the American people to stop it immediately.

Oh, and stop using Z when you should use S. I hope you can organise this too once you realise it is a mistake.

:)

American english spelling is whack. We use weird spellings because of the different languages mixing with our English. UK English is mostly influenced by French, which is why you lads spell it COLOUR, and we spell it COLOR. I'm just used to it, both ways, so it never really phases me when I use it or read it, either way.

BlackDiamond wrote:The elephant in the room is the colt peacemaker. Fine gun unless your shot fatally by one.

So the good and the great set out the rules: First Amendment,Second Amendment etc.The first addressed freedom and the second addressed protection of that freedom.Seems reasonable.

Especially when your missing a national army,navy at the time. Now however,everyone should be able to sleep peacefully in their beds and not need to post sentries before lights out, even if there on the wrong side of the blanket.

So why does everyone still need guns ?

The idea of the amendment wasn't to protect ourselves from foreign threats, but to usurp the government in a time of tyranny.

Whiskyman wrote:I am not Russian but if I was I would be very offended by your misuse of the Cyrillic alphabet. Your mis spelling of the translation of our club's name will, I am sure, have been noticed in the Kremlin and has probably contributed in no small part to the worsening of relations between your country of birth and Mother Russia. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. The correct translation btw is Запад ветчина and I respectfully request you to change your username immediately as I have no nuclear bunker in my garden should the Russians choose to teach us all a lesson for tolerating such abuse of their language with a nuclear strike against Welwyn Garden City.

Thank You. I am sure you understand my concern. And can you also please ask your fellow countrymen to refrain from using that silly expression "my error".

Which I've just noticed some cunt of a moderator has caused to read "my error", which makes me look an even bigger cunt than I am. Please, moderators, don't make me look like a complete pillock. I'm more than capable of doing that all by myself. As you have probably noticed many times in the past. Cunts.

I don't really care, honestly. I just wanted to spell the name of the club, in direct translation to the Serbian cyrillic alphabet. I know that West Ham isn't just West Ham in Serbian.

Dwayne Pipes wrote:Red Indians ,Native Americans,or just plain old “injuns” ?

I prefer Native American, but some pussies refuse to say that because we're all "natives" even though that doesn't make sense since 90+% of the country is made up of immigrants and their descendants.

grandad wrote:Why do you call cake muffins ,?

So it's ok to eat for breakfast ???? i am genuinely amused

Kidding

I guess to differentiate between the smaller ones we buy for breakfast and the big ones we get for birhdays. I honestly never knew that you guys called it a cake.
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:08 am

What is the difference between a Caucus and a cactus?
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 am

Why do you disregard an i when you say aluminium?
0 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

Whiskyman wrote:I am not Russian but if I was I would be very offended by your misuse of the Cyrillic alphabet. Your mis spelling of the translation of our club's name will, I am sure, have been noticed in the Kremlin and has probably contributed in no small part to the worsening of relations between your country of birth and Mother Russia. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. The correct translation btw is Запад ветчина and I respectfully request you to change your username immediately as I have no nuclear bunker in my garden should the Russians choose to teach us all a lesson for tolerating such abuse of their language with a nuclear strike against Welwyn Garden City.

Thank You. I am sure you understand my concern. And can you also please ask your fellow countrymen to refrain from using that silly expression "my error".

Which I've just noticed some cunt of a moderator has caused to read "my error", which makes me look an even bigger cunt than I am. Please, moderators, don't make me look like a complete pillock. I'm more than capable of doing that all by myself. As you have probably noticed many times in the past. Cunts.

Fuck. An American with Russian connections.
Could it be that Bect Xan is actually Donald Trump? Or, even better, the GOAT himself, Charlie Zelenoff?
Damn, but I'm excited to find out.

P.s. Bect, if you are Donald Trump, please don't buy West Ham. We're in enough trouble already, thanks.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:41 am

Meandering through the intranet I found this little cracker simmering away...
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dolfo

Postby Dolfo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 am

Why do you say cookies instead of biscuits, candies instead of sweets, and chips instead of crisps?

Also, WTF does "reaching out" mean?

And don't get me started on "my error" you cunt.

Why do you ask so many irrelevant questions in an ESTA application?

Why did you join WWII so late?

Why do you build shit cars (not fucking automobiles)?
0 x

frogiron

Postby frogiron » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:42 am

When do Americans just become "American"?

I don't think I have met an American who has not, within minutes of meeting them, treated me to an in-depth, and unrequested, examination of his racial origin.

What Teddy Roosevelt called "Hyphenated Americans".

They are always "Irish American" "Scots American" Italian American" and so on.

It's like talking with zealous Vegans. They can't wait to tell you the good news about themselves - neither realising nor recognising that immediately they start telling you all about it, behind your unseeing glazed over eyes your are weighing up whether it is less painful to let them carry on whining about their dietary choices, or to jump through that third floor window in a desperate attempt to escape the mundanity.

Meet an Englishman and he'll say "Yeah, I'm English". Meet an American and he'll say "Well, I live in Austin, Texas, the Lone Star State, but I was born in England but of one Scottish and one Armenian parent, so I am actually Armenian-Scots".

By which time you have left the party. Via the third floor window.

I do find it odd. Particularly in a nation which, despite its claims to the contrary, is solidly mid ranking in terms of racial and ethnic diversity.
2 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Are you OK with being inferior to Canada?
2 x

Return to “Topical Topics”