Ask the yank

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Noni
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Noni » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:59 pm

BCHammer wrote:Are you OK with being inferior to Canada?


You know we live in igloos!.... :D
1 x

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Why is your rounders league (girls game) called the World Series when it’s only fucking America in it.
2 x

User avatar
ZP Hammer
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: •Sligo•

Re: Ask the yank

Postby ZP Hammer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Yo Вест Хам,
good of you to offer your expertise. Like JayK I would also like to know why you disregard an i when you say aluminium? Irritating! As well as that could you get your fellow men to stop using the expression “my error”. It’s even more of a windup, if possible, than aluminium.

It's so bad that when I put the word "bad" my text is automatically corrected to "error". As you see above.
2 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Вест Хам wrote:... my ancestors are from Persia/Central Asia


That must make you enormously popular at airports.
I get sideways glances for just having an enormous beard, despite clearly being a member of the master race. ;)
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Вест Хам
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 am

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Вест Хам » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:Why is your rounders league (girls game) called the World Series when it’s only fucking America in it.

We have a thing where we refer to our league titles as world titles. I assume they call it the world series because there's international players and its the biggest series in the world, as far as baseball is concerned.
0 x

User avatar
frogiron
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby frogiron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 am

Вест Хам wrote:
Dwayne Pipes wrote:Why is your rounders league (girls game) called the World Series when it’s only fucking America in it.

We have a thing where we refer to our league titles as world titles. I assume they call it the world series because there's international players and its the biggest series in the world, as far as baseball is concerned.


I always thought it was named after the newspaper The World, hence the World Series.

I may be wrong.
0 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby BillyDWhizz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Вест Хам wrote:Some of you may know but I'm an American. Born and bred with an eagle in my backyard, a gun in my closet, apple pie on my plate and freedom on my tongue. Not really, but it sounds catchy yea.

Ask me stuff about America, that you want answered.


Yeah. Where the fuck did the H go in the word Herb?
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

User avatar
Fade-and-Die
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Fade-and-Die » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:08 pm

frogiron wrote:
Вест Хам wrote:We have a thing where we refer to our league titles as world titles. I assume they call it the world series because there's international players and its the biggest series in the world, as far as baseball is concerned.


I always thought it was named after the newspaper The World, hence the World Series.

I may be wrong.


It's a myth, monsieur

https://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp

Bect - why do you lot say "named for", instead of "named after"?
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby Noni » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Why do Americans insist on what's called the world sport of football globally around the world except America and call it soccer? While your football, which spends most of the game handling the actual ball itself, probably 70% of the time. Hardly use their feet, which is similar to our game of Rugby?.... :roll:
Last edited by Noni on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: Ask the yank

Postby jameskel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Fat cunts
1 x
Taans can fuck right off


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests