Six Nations

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
dorsetdano

Six Nations

Post by dorsetdano » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm

What a great game England v Wales was. The intensity was unbelievable and the tackle Sam Underhill made to stop Wales scoring was just sensational
0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: Six Nations

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Eddie Jones proving what a huge difference an outstanding coach makes to any team.
He's done a remarkable job since taking over from Lancaster.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Yeah great game,watched it in the Cow,left 5 mins before the end,was half expecting to get in pub
and find we'd lost 2-3... :lol:

Just watched Scotland France,was pretty good to,not a classic but exciting...
Think England have the beating of these 2 hopefully..
Looks like maybe a Title decider against the Irish at Twickenham on St Patricks day..

Early days I know but that would be great..
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Jones plays with a more defensive full back because he has two playmakers at 10 & 12.

Sarries for example play with the expressive Goode at fullback because they have Farrell at 12 and stoppers at center.

I think Jones is doing a fantastic job particularly in light of the limp wristed capitulations witnessed under Stuart Lancaster. I'd have liked to see Cipriani involved but he seems to have the team running creative lines and offloads and Slade appears to be his creative understudy.

I watch far more club rugby than football and I don't see a huge depth at scrum half and am certainly of the opinion that Youngs & Care are the best available.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kyle Sinkler more involved and having watched the U20's on Friday I am incredibly impressed with the next generation particularly the hooker and two wingers.

My only area of concern is openside where I'm not convinced we contest the breakdown quickly enough but all in all it's a brilliant time to be an England rugby fan.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Well said Gonzo. 'Safety first' doesn't win you 24 out of 25, nor does it get you a 3 zip clean sweep of the Wallabies.
This is easily the best, and more importantly, most well coached side since England won the World Cup.
What Jones has done with pretty much the same set of players that Lancaster had is deeply impressive.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Well said Gonzo. 'Safety first' doesn't win you 24 out of 25, nor does it get you a 3 zip clean sweep of the Wallabies.
This is easily the best, and more importantly, most well coached side since England won the World Cup.
What Jones has done with pretty much the same set of players that Lancaster had is deeply impressive.
It is mate and aside from the technical stuff already mentioned Jones is a no-nonsense leader. You can see that there is a fire in his belly and a real focus about him which is in stark contrast to Gareth Southgate and the football team.
0 x

Вест Хам

Post by Вест Хам » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 am

SUPER BOWL IZ BETTAR :lol: :lol: :D
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Вест Хам wrote:SUPER BOWL IZ BETTAR :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :D
Rugby with padding and helmets :D
0 x
COYI!!!

Noni

Post by Noni » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Вест Хам wrote:SUPER BOWL IZ BETTAR :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :D
The only good thing with SUPER BOWEL is Popcorn, Hotdogs and Beer. :lol: :D
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm

The NFL are desperately trying to shoe-horn a European franchise over here and have been for some time but whilst there are 4 quarters, constant breaks in play and two completely different sets of players on the field depending on who's attacking and defending it will never catch on.

Also the fact that the ball can travel forwards 1 yard and then the play stops is a massive hindrance over here where we are used to someone being able to pick the ball up and carry on running.
0 x

Social Media