Six Nations

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gonzo

Re: Six Nations

Postby Gonzo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Вест Хам wrote:SUPER BOWL IZ BETTAR :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :D

The NFL are desperately trying to shoe-horn a European franchise over here and have been for some time but whilst there are 4 quarters, constant breaks in play and two completely different sets of players on the field depending on who's attacking and defending it will never catch on.

Also the fact that the ball can travel forwards 1 yard and then the play stops is a massive hindrance over here where we are used to someone being able to pick the ball up and carry on running.
0 x

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 pm

JayK wrote:
Вест Хам wrote:SUPER BOWL IZ BETTAR :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :D

Rugby with padding and helmets :D

12 second rugby at most. Watching the Irish grind out 41 phases to line up Sexton for that drop goal last week in appalling conditions was truly amazing.

On England we know how to grind out results and both our tries were down to top drawer skills, the kick by Farrell for May's first try was brilliant, as was Launchbury's scooped pass out of the tackle for May's second. The great Welsh sides of the 70's & early 80's often had to dig out hard won victories. England under Lancaster always failed in the vital games, hence why we finished 2nd four years on the trot in the 6 nations and then completely flopped in the World Cup.

Jones is teaching us how to win the tough ones. The real test over the next few years will be how he slowly gets rid of the older players and replaces them with the new hungry kids coming through. Ashton, Cole and Robshaw are the ones most at risk because they are not versatile enough in all aspects of the game. George, Williams and someone else will break through. The options for the flankers are endless, with Curry, Underhill and several others being first class options.
0 x

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Have no doubt, the skills, fitness and determination are all there with AFL, but the adverts, broken nature of the play and the pads mean it will never really take off anywhere other than the US.

There's been some fantastic matches in this years' six nations, England vs Wales was just fantastic, and the Sweaties vs the Cowards was brilliant; if it were anyone other than the French, I'd feel sorry for them. :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm

dorsetdano wrote:
JayK wrote:
Rugby with padding and helmets :D

12 second rugby at most. Watching the Irish grind out 41 phases to line up Sexton for that drop goal last week in appalling conditions was truly amazing.

On England we know how to grind out results and both our tries were down to top drawer skills, the kick by Farrell for May's first try was brilliant, as was Launchbury's scooped pass out of the tackle for May's second. The great Welsh sides of the 70's & early 80's often had to dig out hard won victories. England under Lancaster always failed in the vital games, hence why we finished 2nd four years on the trot in the 6 nations and then completely flopped in the World Cup.

Jones is teaching us how to win the tough ones. The real test over the next few years will be how he slowly gets rid of the older players and replaces them with the new hungry kids coming through. Ashton, Cole and Robshaw are the ones most at risk because they are not versatile enough in all aspects of the game. George, Williams and someone else will break through. The options for the flankers are endless, with Curry, Underhill and several others being first class options.

Yep, too stop start as Gonzo and Penny have also said. Not my bag.

As for Rugby, I quite like to watch it and sometimes used to go watch my local team. Not seen any this year yet though and don’t really follow it.
0 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

Marco Boogers Boots

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 am

The strength in depth of England is very impressive, especially in the back row.

Sam Simmonds has started both games at 8 and played brilliantly (as quick as a winger), but if Billy Vunipola and Nathan Hughes were fit he would probably not have been in the 23. Add Josh Beaumont (Bill's son) and we're very strong at 8.

Things are looking good, but stopping the All Black machine at the World Cup is a big ask still.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am

Gonzo wrote:

The NFL are desperately trying to shoe-horn a European franchise over here and have been for some time but whilst there are 4 quarters, constant breaks in play and two completely different sets of players on the field depending on who's attacking and defending it will never catch on.

Also the fact that the ball can travel forwards 1 yard and then the play stops is a massive hindrance over here where we are used to someone being able to pick the ball up and carry on running.

Surprisingly popular over here mate,a London based franchise would be huge,would get 70,000
attendances easily...ask around at footie next time you'd be surprised how many of us have a
NFL team we follow.......Love rugby.....But also love watching this....
Bit like cricket, in that the more you understand whats going on,the more enjoyable a watch it is.

When I was a Football mad kid and we started playing rugby at School...I Remember saying to my
mate,What Kinda fucked up game is this,where you can only pass the F.in ball backwards... :i am genuinely amused:
Month later in the team (Flanker) loved it.....
1 x

jameskel

Postby jameskel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Rugby Union

The game is in full swing, then you kick the cunting egg out

fuck off
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

LondonWelsh

Postby LondonWelsh » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Anscombe's try yes or no? World Rugby have stated the TMO got it wrong.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:Anscombe's try yes or no? World Rugby have stated the TMO got it wrong.

Yeah gotta admit...Try for me,most people are saying it was as well...
Def got downward pressure first......Thought it was a knock on when I first watched TBH,but
hits his knee......Really poor decision...
0 x

Macca666

Postby Macca666 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 pm

No try your winger knocked it on
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”