Six Nations

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: Six Nations

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:
Macca666 wrote:No try your winger knocked it on
The TMO didn't give the try for a possible knock on but for who had the initial downward pressure.
On the downward pressure alone it would've been a try.
That said, to me it looked like the ball hit Evans knee and his hand.
From the side angle it looks all knee, but from the front angle it appears to be hand too.

TMO got it right by getting it wrong. :D

Btw, is it really only the English the Welsh want?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
LondonWelsh wrote:
The TMO didn't give the try for a possible knock on but for who had the initial downward pressure.
On the downward pressure alone it would've been a try.
That said, to me it looked like the ball hit Evans knee and his hand.
From the side angle it looks all knee, but from the front angle it appears to be hand too.

TMO got it right by getting it wrong. :D

Btw, is it really only the English the Welsh want?
If the TMO was calling a knock on he would of had a case but that wasn't called in the review so he got his decision wrong. I'm not sure if a possible Evan's try would made a difference to the result as England were resolute in defence, we'll never know? God forbid if a decision like this was to be duplicated on the 17th March in a possible Grand Slam/Championship decider. the margins are getting finer each season.

Everyone want's England don't they? :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:
If the TMO was calling a knock on he would of had a case but that wasn't called in the review so he got his decision wrong. I'm not sure if a possible Evan's try would made a difference to the result as England were resolute in defence, we'll never know? God forbid if a decision like this was to be duplicated on the 17th March in a possible Grand Slam/Championship decider. the margins are getting finer each season.

Everyone want's England don't they? :i am genuinely amused:
The TMO couldn't get the downward pressure call right, so I'm not surprised he missed the knock on too!
I agree that no-one really knows what difference that try would've made to the outcome. Obviously if I had been at the death with the score at 12-6 it's the difference between winning and losing. At 12-0 it could still have gone any which way.

You lot weren't really cheering for the Australians in that 2003 final, were you?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
LondonWelsh wrote:

Everyone want's England don't they? :i am genuinely amused:
The TMO couldn't get the downward pressure call right, so I'm not surprised he missed the knock on too!
I agree that no-one really knows what difference that try would've made to the outcome. Obviously if I had been at the death with the score at 12-6 it's the difference between winning and losing. At 12-0 it could still have gone any which way.

You lot weren't really cheering for the Australians in that 2003 final, were you?

I'll give the TMO Glen Newman the benefit of the doubt as he was apparently watching the game early hours in the morning in his pyjamas and slippers down in New Zealand.

Yeah, I think the whole nation were swapping their inflatable sheep for Kangeroo's.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

I'll give the TMO Glen Newman the benefit of the doubt as he was apparently watching the game early hours in the morning in his pyjamas and slippers down in New Zealand.

Yeah, I think the whole nation were swapping their inflatable sheep for Kangeroo's.
I keep wondering how sports channels can show 350 angles an instant after any incident occurs and ex professionals can point out the whys and wherefores right there and then. Yet TMO or VAR seem spectacularly inefficient in comparison.

Neutrals supporting the Australians should be a crime against humanity. Christ, if a Nazi Germany XV played the Australians we'd all be cheering on the plucky Fritz.
0 x

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 am

mkhammer wrote:
LondonWelsh wrote:Anscombe's try yes or no? World Rugby have stated the TMO got it wrong.

Yeah gotta admit...Try for me,most people are saying it was as well...
Def got downward pressure first......Thought it was a knock on when I first watched TBH,but
hits his knee......Really poor decision...
Seems a bit pedantic, but the words "downward pressure" have been removed from the law.

Now it just states "grounding" - this makes it more likely that it was a try in this case. Grounding is just touching the ball whilst it is also in contact with the ground in your opponents' in-goal area.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 am

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Def got downward pressure first......Thought it was a knock on when I first watched TBH,but
Seems a bit pedantic, but the words "downward pressure" have been removed from the law.

Now it just states "grounding" - this makes it more likely that it was a try in this case. Grounding is just touching the ball whilst it is also in contact with the ground in your opponents' in-goal area.
Didn't know that...but spose does make a bit more sense,downward pressure doesn't actually
mean you were in contact with the ball as it touches the ground.
0 x

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

It's of no consequence for Wales now but as World Rugby have stated the TMO call was incorrect then it's up to them to clarify the ruling to all future TMO's before the next World Cup.
Hopefully Wales will get a bit a luck go their way on Saturday as they'll need it at the Aviva where historically everything's gone Ireland's way.

Can't wait for both matches on Saturday.
0 x

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

And Eddie Jones is a West Ham fan and is going to watch a training session next week.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Bollocks.
0 x

Social Media