F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 am

Daniel Riccardo is pissed right now... Don't blame him...

Max the utter twat, he has won! ....... :(

Vettel has won my praise over Max, the utter bastard he is. :D
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:13 am

After yesterday, not a big fan of Max
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:18 am

Quite an achievement from Hamilton.

It's only Schumacher who has one more titles now and it's worth remembering that Eddie Irvive and Rubens Barrichello were not allowed to contest him in the same car.

Hamilton has had Rosberg, Button and Alonso as team mates all of whom are world champions and allowed to race wheel to wheel with him.
1 x

OZHAMMER

Postby OZHAMMER » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 am

Gonzo wrote:Quite an achievement from Hamilton.

It's only Schumacher who has one more titles now and it's worth remembering that Eddie Irvive and Rubens Barrichello were not allowed to contest him in the same car.

Hamilton has had Rosberg, Button and Alonso as team mates all of whom are world champions and allowed to race wheel to wheel with him.

Also, Hamilton didn’t unsportingly veer into a rival to cement a world title. A shitty act that seems to be glossed over as time goes on.
2 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:58 am

OZHAMMER wrote:

Also, Hamilton didn’t unsportingly veer into a rival to cement a world title. A shitty act that seems to be glossed over as time goes on.

Morning/evening/afternoon mate

I think they were saying it quite a lot before but since his accident nobody really talks about him anymore.

In fact I haven't heard an update in ages but as I understand it he's paralysed and unable to speak.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:00 am

OZHAMMER wrote:

Yeah remember that...Louis could quite easily have had another 2 in the bag as well...
Hard to call someone best of all time,different eras have different Champs,but for me maybe
he is...
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 am

mkhammer wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:

Yeah remember that...Louis could quite easily have had another 2 in the bag as well...
Hard to call someone best of all time,different eras have different Champs,but for me maybe
he is...

They are different eras mate but at any given time F1 has always had the most up to date cars and many of the tracks remain the same so it is a bit easier to make comparisons. He's one of the best drivers there has ever been, people may squabble over who is first, second or third but he's right up there.

You could even argue that he's won this seasons title two races early in a slower car than the Ferrari.
2 x

OZHAMMER

Postby OZHAMMER » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am

Gonzo wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:

I think they were saying it quite a lot before but since his accident nobody really talks about him anymore.

In fact I haven't heard an update in ages but as I understand it he's paralysed and unable to speak.

8:09pm mate ;)

You might’ve heard it a little more being from England, and the deed costing an Englishman the title.

Having said that, there’s no doubting his class.
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm

I hope he gets remembered as one of the greats in sport... :) I know there are not a lot here that don't like F1, but I love to see you guys drive a F1 car and walk away standing. These guys are athletes at a top level.
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:58 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

8:09pm mate ;)

You might’ve heard it a little more being from England, and the deed costing an Englishman the title.

Having said that, there’s no doubting his class.

He was top class mate.

At the time him, Woods & Federer were all top of their respective sports by a huge distance.
2 x

Return to “Topical Topics”