F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 pm

mkhammer wrote:Another dull one....highlights for me in future I think...

Gotta find a way of enabling overtaking.......seems to me it's got worse since the widening
of the cars.......who was the bright spark who came up with that,it IS a bit obvious...I know
there's other stuff involved but that aint helping...

6 cars all within half a second of each other,midfield not far behind.....should be a cracker.. :?

I don't think these tyres are helping.... Lets just make this car run to the end of the race. Not exactly racing, though the start of the season was much better. I miss the fuel stops..............
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 pm

0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 am

mkhammer wrote:
Gandalf wrote:What channel is MotoGP on??? :roll:

BT Sport have the live rights mate....ITV 4....show highlights ,usually tue wed I think,
bout 7ish...

Just thought, were you being sarcastic........ :i am genuinely amused:

Hmmmm..........maybe! ;)

:lol:
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Alonso wins the 24 hours Le Mans. :) Jenson Button's car retired.. :(

Along with his #8 Toyota Gazoo Racing team mates Kazuki Nakajima and Sebastien Buemi, the two-time world champion dominated the final hours of the race on Sunday....:)
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Hamilton back on Pole with Bottas 2nd and Vettel 3rd..

Looks like the Engine upgrade paid off. Mercedes will have a grand prix extra in their bags on their engines as the other teams changed theirs in Canada...
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 am

What is going on at McLaren?
I think this now has to be Alonso's last season in F1. It's not working for him so it makes sense for him to go off to IndyCar and pursue the Triple Crown. It's all well and good people of today saying he's one of the greatest drivers ever to have raced but in years to come people will only look at the history books. And the history books will say Alonso is right up there with the likes of Mika Hakkinen.
As good as Mika was I don't think that's the kind of comparison Alonso will be happy with.

But one of only two drivers ever to have achieved the Triple Crown? An achievement like that will stand out, probably forever.
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:51 am

Gandalf wrote:What is going on at McLaren?
I think this now has to be Alonso's last season in F1. It's not working for him so it makes sense for him to go off to IndyCar and pursue the Triple Crown. It's all well and good people of today saying he's one of the greatest drivers ever to have raced but in years to come people will only look at the history books. And the history books will say Alonso is right up there with the likes of Mika Hakkinen.
As good as Mika was I don't think that's the kind of comparison Alonso will be happy with.

But one of only two drivers ever to have achieved the Triple Crown? An achievement like that will stand out, probably forever.

I like Alonso but saying he's a great driver goes beyond me. He's made very bad choices in his life as others have gone a lot better. I agree with you about comparing him to Hakkinen :) ... I look at drivers more on their wins rather then WC titles. Some drivers unfortunately will only get this on their Resume or CV.... Alonso has been linked to Benneton and having Flavio as your boss is no great achievement IMO... The lying toe rag :evil: .... I hate that guy!!....
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Hamilton wins the French Grand Prix with Max Verstappen in second, Kimi Raikkonen third.

England win by 6-1. What a great great Sunday!! :D
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Noni wrote:Hamilton wins the French Grand Prix with Max Verstappen in second, Kimi Raikkonen third.

England win by 6-1. What a great great Sunday!! :D

and england winning 5 - 0 and the clean sweep against the aussies in cricket
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Alonso looks likely to leave F1 as the team are in shambles ..... McLaren are interested in Kimi Raikkonen.. Charles Leclerc' could replace Kimi ....

Sebastian Vettel making too many mistakes and could lose the WC again... Hamilton driving very well at the moment.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”