F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gandalf

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Gandalf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm

mkhammer wrote:Side Note........Settled down to watch the MOTO GP this weekend USA.......really looking forward
to it.........Was Nearly as dull as some of the F1 races we watch....... :i am genuinely amused:

:lol:

The grass is greener? ;)
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Would love to see Hamilton win in Baku, Riccardo 2nd and Bottas 3rd here. If that can happen :roll:

Hamilton needs his Mojo back!........ :lol:
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Just looking at the drivers line up apart from those that have won World Titles, there are only 3 other drivers on the grid that have won a grand prix.. Ricciardo - 6, Verstappen -3 and Bottas -3. Though there is quite a few new drivers on the grid this year and last year.
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 pm

So what can we expect from today's race?
Well if there are no drama's, no safety cars, then I think Vettel has this one in the bag. Kimi screwed up his own race with that mistake in qualifying. He should have been on pole. So now he will be starting on the Ultrasofts, which means the plan will be for him to make his way up to 2nd, then stay there as long as possible, holding up the pack and letting Vettel get away. Watch out for the battle as Lewis tries to keep Kimi behind.
But Kimi also has to get passed the Red Bull's, who will no doubt be on the back of Lewis. There will be an exiting first few laps.

The Force India's are back in their best-of-the-rest slot. I expect them to stay there (baring any retirements) and bring home a hatfull of points. (Although Alonso might have different ideas!)

But of course, any predictions go straight out the window if there is a safety car. And I predict a safety car! :D

All the teams brought with them far too many Ultra's which are just not working as expected. Renault alone have an extra set of Supersoft's so it will be interesting to see what strategy they use to how they make that advantage count.

And what about Leclerc. First time into Q2 and way ahead of Ericsson (althought the gap suggests Ericsson may have had a problem, but he did do 10 laps in Q1, way more than anyone else). But I still think by the time the Silly Season comes around Leclerc will have one eye on Kimi's seat for next year.
1 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:58 am

Gandalf wrote:So what can we expect from today's race?
Well if there are no drama's, no safety cars, then I think Vettel has this one in the bag. Kimi screwed up his own race with that mistake in qualifying. He should have been on pole. So now he will be starting on the Ultrasofts, which means the plan will be for him to make his way up to 2nd, then stay there as long as possible, holding up the pack and letting Vettel get away. Watch out for the battle as Lewis tries to keep Kimi behind.
But Kimi also has to get passed the Red Bull's, who will no doubt be on the back of Lewis. There will be an exiting first few laps.

The Force India's are back in their best-of-the-rest slot. I expect them to stay there (baring any retirements) and bring home a hatfull of points. (Although Alonso might have different ideas!)

But of course, any predictions go straight out the window if there is a safety car. And I predict a safety car! :D

All the teams brought with them far too many Ultra's which are just not working as expected. Renault alone have an extra set of Supersoft's so it will be interesting to see what strategy they use to how they make that advantage count.

And what about Leclerc. First time into Q2 and way ahead of Ericsson (althought the gap suggests Ericsson may have had a problem, but he did do 10 laps in Q1, way more than anyone else). But I still think by the time the Silly Season comes around Leclerc will have one eye on Kimi's seat for next year.

Cracking race mate........Much better than that crap Moto GP stuff...... :lol:
(maybe should introduce a safety bike.... :lol: )

Unfortunately missed all the fun....due to being at the Iconic,watching us get stuffed AGAIN....
2 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:43 pm

4 out 4 for Verstappen so far this season, seems to be involved in all incidents so far... Shame for Bottas, drove extremely well only to suffer a tyre blow up 2 laps near the end. A lucky win for Hamilton, but equally well deserved as normally he gets robbed of victory at this circuit. Awesome drive by Perez to claim 3rd. Vettel tried his luck again, but failed and dropped down to 4th.... Hamilton leads the WC by 4 points from Vettel.

What an exciting race from start to finish.......

Seems to me that Hamilton has lost his killer instinct spark, so far this season. Bottas appears to have managed the new season better IMHO.
1 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:13 pm

mkhammer wrote:maybe should introduce a safety bike.... :i am genuinely amused:

:lol:
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Noni wrote:Seems to me that Hamilton has lost his killer instinct spark, so far this season.

Next stop, Spain. Traditionally this is where the teams bring the first raft of updates. Once Mercedes have worked out how to get their tyres working Lewis will get his mojo back.
1 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:33 pm

Max.png
Max.png (256.92 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
2 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Tue May 01, 2018 12:45 am

goodpost:)
0 x