F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 pm

When there's rain, Hamilton like Button are masters at it. Hamilton has won another pole to his trophy.... Wish we had more rainy race days. ;)

1-Hamilton - pole
2-Bottas
3rd-Kimi
4th-Vettel
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:05 am

Was hoping for a rainy race tomorrow as well!........ Who knows?.......... :roll:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:54 am

Noni wrote:Was hoping for a rainy race tomorrow as well!........ Who knows?.......... :roll:

The rain seems to have done a job for Mercedes whether the race is wet or not. I'd have put money on at least two Ferraris and a Red Bull or two being ahead of Hamilton in a dry qualification.
Instead he gets 2 cars between himself and Vettel. Tough track to pass on too, so if Mercedes play it clever they could slow Bottas down a wee bit and let Hamilton drive off.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Noni wrote:Was hoping for a rainy race tomorrow as well!........ Who knows?.......... :roll:

The rain seems to have done a job for Mercedes whether the race is wet or not. I'd have put money on at least two Ferraris and a Red Bull or two being ahead of Hamilton in a dry qualification.
Instead he gets 2 cars between himself and Vettel. Tough track to pass on too, so if Mercedes play it clever they could slow Bottas down a wee bit and let Hamilton drive off.

Yep, it's important Bottas keeps Vettel behind.
If Vettel does get up into 2nd then I can see Hamilton pitting early to avoid the undercut, then a very defensive race after that.
But with the wet weather qualifying yesterday that means everybody has plenty of Ultras left. This means some people may roll the dice with a two stop. Especially Kimi. I'm sure Ferrari will be splitting their strategies here.
KImi and Bottas will be key players. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two won it today.
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:38 am

Gandalf wrote:KImi and Bottas will be key players. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two won it today.

Love both these Finns.. Hoping Bottas, if that's the case with Hamilton ahead of Vettel...

Vettel and Grojean are the only 2 F1 drivers I don't care for in this sport. Both lie like dogs and make horrible excuses .
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:04 am

Gandalf wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Yep, it's important Bottas keeps Vettel behind.
If Vettel does get up into 2nd then I can see Hamilton pitting early to avoid the undercut, then a very defensive race after that.
But with the wet weather qualifying yesterday that means everybody has plenty of Ultras left. This means some people may roll the dice with a two stop. Especially Kimi. I'm sure Ferrari will be splitting their strategies here.
KImi and Bottas will be key players. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two won it today.

Bottas seems to have upped his game lately........wasn't really impressing me,but right on
the pace recently...don't like inconsistency,your quick or your not,should always give 100% ..
(Raikkonen,is like it never know what yer gonna get seems to drift in and out of races at times)
I reckon he was told to pull his socks up or wouldn't get a contract extension..
Mercedes bosses seem nice and friendly...but I bet they don't take any shit.... :lol:

Be very surprised if anyone beats Ham if it's wet,dry it will be close, Vettel was so quick till the
rain......but he needs everything in his favour to win....Ham wins against the odds..
Think Verstappen will be involved as well was quick before rain as well..he'll be all
over Raikkonen pretty soon...

Taken to watching highlights lately......but might watch this one live...might be a good one...
1 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 am

Noni wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Vettel and Grojean are the only 2 F1 drivers I don't care for in this sport.

Sad to say this but these days I'd lump Alonso in with those two. I'm tiring of listening to his radio rants.
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:11 am

Gandalf wrote:
Noni wrote:

Sad to say this but these days I'd lump Alonso in with those two. I'm tiring of listening to his radio rants.

Alonso is a driver that likes to win and normally he does. However, he does not have the car or team to prove that. I think this will be his last season in F1. McClaren will not be doing anything in several years time. Unless Alonso likes receiving those big pay cheques, I feel his days are numbered.
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Here's an interesting fact.
The last time someone won the Hungarian Grand Prix and went on to become World Champion that year was 2004! :o
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:00 pm

Bottas did a really good job holding up the Ferrari's to allow Hamilton to almost get a 20 second lead. Though Bottas suffered with tyres hitting both Vettel and Daniel towards the closing stages... Quite a vital win for Hamilton with now a 24 point lead in the WC .... This will certainly give some breathing space heading into the summer break..

1.Hamilton
2.Vettel
3.Kimi
4.Daniel
5.Bottas
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”