F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Wow!!!!! :shock:

Daniel Ricciardo to leave Red Bull and move to Renault... Also there's rumours, several months ago that Adrian Newey was going to leave Red Bull and also move to Renault. So far it's Ricciardo and Hulkenburg.

Will Alonso decide to leave F1 and move to the Indy car series? .... or possibly consider Red Bull. Personally I think his days are numbered in F1. I don't see Honda & Red Bull will be effective next season, the Honda engine does suffer from DNF's quite a lot. I expect more retirements from Max Verstappen next season. So who will join him? Carlos Sainz maybe?

I predict another Ferrari and Mercedes battle next season with now Renault being the next top team. Red Bull will be struggling with their new Honda engines. Leaving Max with more swearing over the team radio!... :lol:

What now with Force India, it's all getting exciting behind the scenes!.... :D

Also 3 times world champion Nikki Lauda has a lung transplant. Hopefully he will not receive any penalties... Wishing him all the best.
0 x

User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Gandalf » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Noni wrote:Wow!!!!! :shock:

Daniel Ricciardo to leave Red Bull and move to Renault... Also there's rumours, several months ago that Adrian Newey was going to leave Red Bull and also move to Renault. So far it's Ricciardo and Hulkenburg.

Will Alonso decide to leave F1 and move to the Indy car series? .... or possibly consider Red Bull. Personally I think his days are numbered in F1. I don't see Honda & Red Bull will be effective next season, the Honda engine does suffer from DNF's quite a lot. I expect more retirements from Max Verstappen next season. So who will join him? Carlos Sainz maybe?

I predict another Ferrari and Mercedes battle next season with now Renault being the next top team. Red Bull will be struggling with their new Honda engines. Leaving Max with more swearing over the team radio!... :lol:

What now with Force India, it's all getting exciting behind the scenes!.... :D

Also 3 times world champion Nikki Lauda has a lung transplant. Hopefully he will not receive any penalties... Wishing him all the best.


I really didn't see that one coming! I know Ricciardo and Renault had had talks but that is common in F1, usually when you're trying to negotiate a better deal elsewhere.
But I have to say, I think it's a good move. Red Bull and Honda will come good, but that team is being built around Max. So I could imagine Ricciardo fearing a Vettel/Webber type scenario again. That being the case I think it may prove to be a wise choice to leave.
And Renault have a good history in F1. They're not there just to make up the numbers. They've progressed well since buying out Lotus.

Alonso to Red Bull? Could it happen? I really can't decide on that one. I bet Alonso is talking to Horner already, but Alonso has a habit of burning his bridges, and I think he's burnt his bridge to Honda, so they'll probably block that one.
But it would be an intriguing one if it did happen.

If not Alonso, then who? Sainz would have been the obvious choice but there are two arguments against that.
1. There have been strong rumours linking Sainz with McLaren.
2. Sainz hasn't exactly set the world alight at Renault. Whereas Gasly has impressed at Toro Rosso.
1 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Alonso has decided to retire from F1.... Personally he had no choice in the matter. Such a great talent only to score a few points here or there in his latter years of F1. Though he had himself to blame on his career paths in F1, it's quite sad really...

As expected he will pack his bags and move to USA to compete in the Indy series and try for that Triple Crown, won only by Graham Hill.

Alonso will remembered as one of the greats, but sadly not the greatest due to his behaviour behind the scenes in F1.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: F1, 2018

Postby mkhammer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:06 am

Noni wrote:Alonso has decided to retire from F1.... Personally he had no choice in the matter. Such a great talent only to score a few points here or there in his latter years of F1. Though he had himself to blame on his career paths in F1, it's quite sad really...

As expected he will pack his bags and move to USA to compete in the Indy series and try for that Triple Crown, won only by Graham Hill.

Alonso will remembered as one of the greats, but sadly not the greatest due to his behaviour behind the scenes in F1.



Funny Never really liked him much...during his run ins with Ham anyway,but got a lot more
respect for him lately,def up there with getting the best out of a car whether a good one
or a poor one.
But can't feel any pity for him....tough life going round the world driving some of its fastest cars...
Making a million bucks a month on top....
1 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Wishing Carlos Sainz all the best, as he now has signed a multi-year deal with McLaren.

This has to be one of the craziest silly seasons ever in F1 I've witnessed. Everything now rides on Vandoorne to perform for the rest of the season or he could lose that seat to British talent in Landos Norris for next year.

We now have to look as Gasley, almost certain to go to Red Bull and Perez on their futures.
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm




Nest race is Spa in Belgium. Who said F1 was dull !...... :D
0 x

User avatar
4ever-blowin-bubbles
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 am
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: F1, 2018

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Belgium is 1 of the few circuits where you really do get a great race with excitement and overtaking
1 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Rain is expected in Belgium for this weekend's F1 race. :)
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Noni » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Hamilton on Pole
2. Vettel
3rd. Ocon

Perez in 4th...

Good to see Force India with a great qualifying result after what seems though they were about to go into liquidation. Expect a few musical chairs in the coming weeks with Lance Stroll moving to Force India and Kubica driving for Williams. I feel sorry for Ocon, to me seems the better driver then Perez but may end up not in a good car next season. :(
0 x

User avatar
Gandalf
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Gandalf » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:11 am

Noni wrote:Hamilton on Pole
2. Vettel
3rd. Ocon

Perez in 4th...

Good to see Force India with a great qualifying result after what seems though they were about to go into liquidation. Expect a few musical chairs in the coming weeks with Lance Stroll moving to Force India and Kubica driving for Williams. I feel sorry for Ocon, to me seems the better driver then Perez but may end up not in a good car next season. :(


Ocon will go to McLaren. That may be a backwards move in the short term but he is being lined up to take one of the Mercedes seats when the time is right.
But with him going to McLaren that would have left Vandoorne without a drive, which would be a real shame. He's certainly got talent but he's been in a dog of a car with all sorts of problems and up against one of the best drivers on the grid. That's tough and it would be a waste of a talent if he was lost to F1.
However, rumours today are linking him with a move to Sauber in place of Ericsson. This would be a good move, if somewhat surprising. Surprising because I thought Ericsson's seat was secure due the to money he brings. But he has been well and truly trounced by a rookie this year. That should be career over.
And if Vandoorne does go there he can develop away from the spotlight in much the same way that Magnussen did after a tough start to his career.

I hope all this happens.
1 x


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests