F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 am

1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Kimi has apparently signed for Sauber. Which is the least predictable F1 move this year.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Postby Noni » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Kimi has apparently signed for Sauber. Which is the least predictable F1 move this year.

Very funny interview and great answers by Kimi!.... :D

Press: Will you be helping Vettel?

Kimi: I can only drive one car!..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Kimi has apparently signed for Sauber. Which is the least predictable F1 move this year.

I'm happy Leclerc has got the Ferrari drive, and I'm happy Kimi is staying in F1.

But.... I'm wondering if Ferrari have shot themselves in the foot with this move.
Kimi knew his place in the team, whereas Leclerc is young, hungry and talented. He wants to win!
It's been said a few times this year the Kimi has upped his game. But is that really true or have there been times when Vettel has been below his best?
Next year we will find out. Once Leclerc is up to speed with the Ferrari (which may take a few races) he will be pushing Vettel.
And how will Vettel handle this? Will he crack in the same way he did when Ricciardo joined him at Red Bull?
It won't be too far into the season before Leclerc will be in a position to start taking points off Vettel. When that happens will team orders come into play? If not that is going to leave Vettel very vulnerable. Him and Kimi was a very stable relationship. Vettel and Leclerc won't be. I think we're going to see fireworks at Ferrari.
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Gandalf wrote:

I'm happy Leclerc has got the Ferrari drive, and I'm happy Kimi is staying in F1.

But.... I'm wondering if Ferrari have shot themselves in the foot with this move.
Kimi knew his place in the team, whereas Leclerc is young, hungry and talented. He wants to win!
It's been said a few times this year the Kimi has upped his game. But is that really true or have there been times when Vettel has been below his best?
Next year we will find out. Once Leclerc is up to speed with the Ferrari (which may take a few races) he will be pushing Vettel.
And how will Vettel handle this? Will he crack in the same way he did when Ricciardo joined him at Red Bull?
It won't be too far into the season before Leclerc will be in a position to start taking points off Vettel. When that happens will team orders come into play? If not that is going to leave Vettel very vulnerable. Him and Kimi was a very stable relationship. Vettel and Leclerc won't be. I think we're going to see fireworks at Ferrari.

A couple of reasons why Leclerc will be good for the team. With a young driver like Leclerc, Ferrari can surely mould him well enough and win races. Vettel will not last forever, so they may have already a WC or future WC in their team. If Vettel keeps making mistakes as he's done in the past, they may favour him over Vettel.

Kimi will obviously welcome a new challenge going back to Sauber. Though I wanted him to leave F1, I also accept his presence in F1 for another 2 years. With both experience and talent, may help Sauber move forward IMO. :)
0 x

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Noni wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

A couple of reasons why Leclerc will be good for the team. With a young driver like Leclerc, Ferrari can surely mould him well enough and win races. Vettel will not last forever, so they may have already a WC or future WC in their team. If Vettel keeps making mistakes as he's done in the past, they may favour him over Vettel.

Kimi will obviously welcome a new challenge going back to Sauber. Though I wanted him to leave F1, I also accept his presence in F1 for another 2 years. With both experience and talent, may help Sauber move forward IMO. :)

And not forgetting this will give Ferrari a better shot at the Constructors title. That could be important if they lose their pocket money just for being Ferrari.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 pm

I think Ferrari are getting annoyed with Vettel.
He made it easy for Mercedes at the end of last season, and despite having a quicker car on the majority of tracks this year he's being inconsistent enough to hand Mercedes the advantage again.
Leclerc's a good bet. He's not a big name so that doesn't put pressure on Vettel straight away, like signing Ricciardo would have.
But if he turns out to be consistent and quick he might well turn out to be a better title bet than Vettel.
That said, if I were in charge at Ferrari I'd have taken Ricciardo in a flash.
1 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Vettel showing his vulnerabilities in qualifying today. Not only failing to nab pole, but managing to come in behind Verstappen, so he's not even on the front row.
Hamilton's lap was a bit special though.
It will be interesting to see what strategy Ferrari come up with. If Vettel gets stuck behind Verstappen and Hamilton sails off into the distance, that could pretty much be it for the season.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Vettel showing his vulnerabilities in qualifying today. Not only failing to nab pole, but managing to come in behind Verstappen, so he's not even on the front row.
It will be interesting to see what strategy Ferrari come up with. If Vettel gets stuck behind Verstappen and Hamilton sails off into the distance, that could pretty much be it for the season.

Vettel just keeps giving............"It's all right we have the quicker car"....and still gets beat
half a second by Lewis..... :lol:

Always thought if they all took turns in the same car,Lewis would be that half a second quicker,
(Verstappen runs him close on pure speed) but think it might be more now,which is crazy,just shows
how good Lewis is.
If they swapped drivers Ferrari would be world champs this year.....easily...
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:36 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Vettel showing his vulnerabilities in qualifying today. Not only failing to nab pole, but managing to come in behind Verstappen, so he's not even on the front row.

Vettel just keeps giving............"It's all right we have the quicker car"....and still gets beat
half a second by Lewis..... :lol:

Always thought if they all took turns in the same car,Lewis would be that half a second quicker,
(Verstappen runs him close on pure speed) but think it might be more now,which is crazy,just shows
how good Lewis is.
If they swapped drivers Ferrari would be world champs this year.....easily...

This circuit is a high downforce track which suites the Red Bull cars. I'm hoping that Hamilton stays out of trouble with Vettel and Verstappen colliding :D :lol:

Great pole by Hamilton. He is definitely the Senna of poles, regardless of the circuit and car he drives.
1 x

Return to “Topical Topics”