F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: F1, 2018

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Noni wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
Vettel just keeps giving............"It's all right we have the quicker car"....and still gets beat
half a second by Lewis..... :lol:

Always thought if they all took turns in the same car,Lewis would be that half a second quicker,
(Verstappen runs him close on pure speed) but think it might be more now,which is crazy,just shows
how good Lewis is.
If they swapped drivers Ferrari would be world champs this year.....easily...

This circuit is a high downforce track which suites the Red Bull cars. I'm hoping that Hamilton stays out of trouble with Vettel and Verstappen colliding :D :lol:

Great pole by Hamilton. He is definitely the Senna of poles, regardless of the circuit and car he drives.

I was reading the BBC rolling report during qualifying and one of their staff wrote that Hamilton was now only 11 poles behind Michael Schumacher's record. Now I'm no expert, but even I know Hamilton has held that record for a while now.

Senna was and is the king of Poles for me. Hamilton has a touch of Senna's gifts for quick single laps and driving in the wet, but the Brazilian was a different level to anyone I've ever seen in those two disciplines.
The Toleman around Monte Carlo was epic. Prost desperate for them to stop the race was a measure of how astonishing even a young Senna was in the rain.

1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm

goodpost:)

I agree 100% with you Neville Bartos :). I'm sure Hamilton will agree with that. Hamilton has the most Poles in formula 1....... 79 compared to 68 for Schumacher ;)
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Noni wrote:
This circuit is a high downforce track which suites the Red Bull cars. I'm hoping that Hamilton stays out of trouble with Vettel and Verstappen colliding :D :lol:

Great pole by Hamilton. He is definitely the Senna of poles, regardless of the circuit and car he drives.

I was reading the BBC rolling report during qualifying and one of their staff wrote that Hamilton was now only 11 poles behind Michael Schumacher's record. Now I'm no expert, but even I know Hamilton has held that record for a while now.

Senna was and is the king of Poles for me. Hamilton has a touch of Senna's gifts for quick single laps and driving in the wet, but the Brazilian was a different level to anyone I've ever seen in those two disciplines.
The Toleman around Monte Carlo was epic. Prost desperate for them to stop the race was a measure of how astonishing even a young Senna was in the rain.

Loved Senna,but did have the devil in him,2 of you going for a gap.....
He's the one that ain't stopping/giving way.. :lol:
Was at Silverstone prob bout 90,could get really close to the back of the pits then,the drivers
were coming out of the brief,was standing outside and they all walk passed,Mansell,Prost,Piquet,
then Senna comes and its WOW....Senna,forgot bout others,only had eyes for him..
Had that effect.

Reckon Vestappen,has a bit of the Senna about him,closest to him at moment,really on the
edge driving.

Spose F1s like footie,well most sports,can be best of your time/generation,but up for discussion
for best of all time.....but the likes of Senna,give em a couple of hours in a modern day car,
and they would go out and win a Grand Prix.....
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Hamilton wins in Singapore with Vettel 3rd.. Hamilton now extends his lead by 40 points!.... :)

It's weird how this was Mercedes bogey track. Looking good for the rest of the season, another win by Hamilton could possibly wrap another title. ;)
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Noni wrote:Hamilton wins in Singapore with Vettel 3rd.. Hamilton now extends his lead by 40 points!.... :)

It's weird how this was Mercedes bogey track. Looking good for the rest of the season, another win by Hamilton could possibly wrap another title. ;)

Yeah another one in the bag for lewis.......not a great watch,but Perez livened it up....
Def got out of bed the wrong side this morning... :lol:
1 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Noni wrote:Hamilton wins in Singapore with Vettel 3rd.. Hamilton now extends his lead by 40 points!.... :)

Yeah another one in the bag for lewis.......not a great watch,but Perez livened it up....

Ferrari can't catch a break at the moment. If it's not Vettel making a mistake it's their strategy failing to have any impact.
The trouble with signing (maybe) the fifth best driver on the grid is that the car needs to be significantly better than all the others to guarantee success.
They should have been sweet talking Verstappen and Ricciardo for the last couple of years. I think the Ferrari of old would have done.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm

i watched the whole race and once again i thought it was boring
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 pm

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:i watched the whole race and once again i thought it was boring

The last race was better. ;)
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Ferrari can't catch a break at the moment. If it's not Vettel making a mistake it's their strategy failing to have any impact.
The trouble with signing (maybe) the fifth best driver on the grid is that the car needs to be significantly better than all the others to guarantee success.
They should have been sweet talking Verstappen and Ricciardo for the last couple of years. I think the Ferrari of old would have done.

Ferrari is the best car out there, without doubt!!... The fact that Hamilton has managed to control the race and so far the championship has just cemented how good Hamilton is!. Look at Bottas?.. 4th!!

You need 2 drivers in the car. The driver and personality. While Vettel is a great driver, he loses points on personality IMO .... Big mistake!!!. The same goes towards Verstappen, Still very young!!.. :)
1 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Noni wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Ferrari is the best car out there, without doubt!!... The fact that Hamilton has managed to control the race and so far the championship has just cemented how good Hamilton is!. Look at Bottas?.. 4th!!

You need 2 drivers in the car. The driver and personality. While Vettel is a great driver, he loses points on personality IMO .... Big mistake!!!. The same goes towards Verstappen, Still very young!!.. :)

I'm not sure Vettel is a great driver. We can say he's faster than Webber and a mid 30s vintage Kimi, but Alonso was closer to winning a championship for Ferrari with a worse car.
Vettel was probably the best option available when Alonso departed, but I don't think he's as good as Hamilton, either RB driver, and still probably Alonso.

In the old days Ferrari, even with cars that weren't so good, always went out and got the best driver. Prost, Mansell, Schumacher, Alonso, about the only big name they ever missed was Senna. I genuinely believe that if Verstappen, Ricciardo, or Alonso were in that car they'd be closer, or probably even ahead of Hamilton at this point.

I actually think Vettel and Verstappen are about even for doing stupid things. That said I can't imagine Max ramming into anyone because he thought they brake tested him.
Truth be told I get the feeling Verstappen may have the edge on consistency. Vettel's habit of throwing away races is getting to be worrying.
I still think the turning point of this season will be him crashing out in Germany.
1 x

Return to “Topical Topics”