F1, 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
deanox

Re: F1, 2018

Postby deanox » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Noni wrote:
deanox wrote:I’m not sure about the points situation but if Hamilton wins this weekend will he be confirmed as work champ in Austin.
If so I might pay the exorbitant fee to park and get a ticket for the race as I only live 30 minuets from the track.

You should send a picture mate!... ;)

I will definitely do that if I go. Last year it was $130.00 for a ticket and $100.00 to park :o
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Noni wrote:Hamilton on Pole
Bottas 2nd
Verstappen 3rd

Ferrari made another mishap for tyres putting Vettel above 10th spot here!... :shock: ... With Verstappen ahead of Vettel will certainly make it hard for Seb to get passed. I'm a Daniel Riccardo fan and was gutted to see his car retire with engine failure. I saw him swear in the pit area obviously gutted. Like Verstappen in the past, it seems all the bad luck has fallen on Daniel!.. :(

Ricciardo must hold the record for engine failures. Every time you watch the highlights at some point the camera pans to Ricciardo's car slowly pulling off the track.
And what about poor old McLaren? They bin Honda last year only to see them now putting Toro Rossos at the pointy end of the grid. The only team making worse decisions than Ferrari.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 pm

deanox wrote:
Noni wrote:

You should send a picture mate!... ;)

I will definitely do that if I go. Last year it was $130.00 for a ticket and $100.00 to park :o

OMG!! :shock:

You should park at a local car park and get a bus or taxi to this event
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Noni wrote:Hamilton on Pole
Bottas 2nd
Verstappen 3rd

Ferrari made another mishap for tyres putting Vettel above 10th spot here!... :shock: ... With Verstappen ahead of Vettel will certainly make it hard for Seb to get passed. I'm a Daniel Riccardo fan and was gutted to see his car retire with engine failure. I saw him swear in the pit area obviously gutted. Like Verstappen in the past, it seems all the bad luck has fallen on Daniel!.. :(

Ricciardo must hold the record for engine failures. Every time you watch the highlights at some point the camera pans to Ricciardo's car slowly pulling off the track.
And what about poor old McLaren? They bin Honda last year only to see them now putting Toro Rossos at the pointy end of the grid. The only team making worse decisions than Ferrari.

The 4th highest paid team in F1 at the back of the grid. Must admit, even I wanted them to depart from Honda.
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:11 am

Wow! what a race.

Hamilton won, with Bottas 2nd and Max 3rd.... The title has almost been wrapped up this weekend as we move to Austin. A Hamilton track from the start.

Vettel comes home in a lowly 6th place and seems that his title chances are over with now a huge gap to Mercedes. What a drive from Daniel from 15th to move to 4th. He has been voted ..."Driver of the Day"...

The title will surely be secure in Austin for Hamilton as he wins his 9th victory of the season, compared to 5 for Vettel.

I'm so surprised at the mistakes taken by Ferrari, both team and driver. Just hope Charles can out perform Seb next year and win those Italian fans.. ;)
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Noni wrote:Wow! what a race.

Hamilton won, with Bottas 2nd and Max 3rd.... The title has almost been wrapped up this weekend as we move to Austin. A Hamilton track from the start.

Vettel comes home in a lowly 6th place and seems that his title chances are over with now a huge gap to Mercedes. What a drive from Daniel from 15th to move to 4th. He has been voted ..."Driver of the Day"...

The title will surely be secure in Austin for Hamilton as he wins his 9th victory of the season, compared to 5 for Vettel.

I'm so surprised at the mistakes taken by Ferrari, both team and driver. Just hope Charles can out perform Seb next year and win those Italian fans.. ;)

I'm not sure Vettel should take too much flak for his mistakes this weekend. He was forced to push by circumstance. He needed to be in a position to score big points if Hamilton had a problem.
(I think) Hamilton only needs to score 9 more points than Vettel in the US to mathematically wrap up the title.
Ferrari have comprehensively -- with some help from their no.1 driver -- shot themselves repeatedly in the foot from Germany onwards. Spa must rank as the only weekend where they didn't drop a bollock at some point.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Gandalf

Postby Gandalf » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:

I'm not sure Vettel should take too much flak for his mistakes this weekend. He was forced to push by circumstance. He needed to be in a position to score big points if Hamilton had a problem.
(I think) Hamilton only needs to score 9 more points than Vettel in the US to mathematically wrap up the title.
Ferrari have comprehensively -- with some help from their no.1 driver -- shot themselves repeatedly in the foot from Germany onwards. Spa must rank as the only weekend where they didn't drop a bollock at some point.

In the closing laps Vettel was around 40 seconds behind Raikkonen.
I was expecting Ferrari to call Raikkonen in for another pitstop and bring him out behind Vettel.
The fact that that didn't happen tells me that Ferrari have given up.
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 am

Gandalf wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

In the closing laps Vettel was around 40 seconds behind Raikkonen.
I was expecting Ferrari to call Raikkonen in for another pitstop and bring him out behind Vettel.
The fact that that didn't happen tells me that Ferrari have given up.

I'm surprised the way Ferrari have fallen back so quickly in this championship fight. Even Red Bull out performed them in the race. :shock:
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:40 am

I know some people feel bored watching F1 and I agree at certain races, it can be like that.

I'm not a Vettel, Schumacher and Grosjean fan. These drivers like to blame others for their mistakes. That I cannot tolerate. Specially afterwards, they still won't admit it was their fault.

Personally would love to see Hamilton win 2 more championships after 2018 and match Schumacher's record and even go beyond, I hope. I don't think Hamilton will renew his contract after 2021 as the new regulations will be set in.

Just want Hamilton to be remembered as one of the greats of the sport along with Schumacher's legacy...
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:

What I don't get bout yesterday.....last lap Vettel slings in a quickest lap time,just to
show he had the pace.....Vettels trouble.. quick on a clear track,but not a great racer..
Hams both, that's why he wins.....be interesting see them swap cars.... :lol:
Ham and Verstappen ,streets ahead when it come to racing...Verstapps got a bit of the Senna
in him....I ain't slowing, you can if you want... :lol:

I think barring first lap and pit stops...he just can't get passed the Mercedes and even struggles
with the Red Bulls....not entirely his fault that one,you do have to cut someone up to get
passed these days,makes overtaking usually borderline.

Good point made Nev bout Ferraris new found pace...than lack of it..... ;)
1 x

Return to “Topical Topics”