Italian Election

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: Italian Election

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:26 pm

palerider wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
And it is exactly that reason why Britain voted for Brexit too.

Indeed Terry.

The Remainers can argue all day long about trade deals, single markets etc. And I'm not saying they're wrong.

And I'm also not saying that there are many who've come to our shores legally that shouldn't be here if they are in genuine need of protection from war.

But that does not include the young men from Africa and the Mahgreb whose countries are safe coming here with no chance of a job, therefore relying on benefits. And Italy felt the same. As do the Visegrad group and Austria.

The public here and in Europe are sick of the sheer numbers.

It's just the start.

This is the crux of the issue though. If British governments over the last decade and a half had taken decisive action to control non EU immigration things would probably different. I'm betting the same is true of Italy.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
palerider wrote:Indeed Terry.

The Remainers can argue all day long about trade deals, single markets etc. And I'm not saying they're wrong.

And I'm also not saying that there are many who've come to our shores legally that shouldn't be here if they are in genuine need of protection from war.

But that does not include the young men from Africa and the Mahgreb whose countries are safe coming here with no chance of a job, therefore relying on benefits. And Italy felt the same. As do the Visegrad group and Austria.

The public here and in Europe are sick of the sheer numbers.

It's just the start.

This is the crux of the issue though. If British governments over the last decade and a half had taken decisive action to control non EU immigration things would probably different. I'm betting the same is true of Italy.

You're not wrong there.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Thames wrote:
palerider wrote:Voting has begun in what is expected to be a close-run contest between the right and the far-right, with Silvio Berlusconi potentially being the 'king-maker', although he can't stand for office himself because of tax fraud.

And immigration was the key. Promises to deport half a million economic migrants will prove to be impossible, but the Italians have had enough. Welcoming at first, the sheer numbers ferried to Sicily and the Southern mainland by the Italian navy from less than a nautical mile outside African waters have caused anger, fear and resentment.

And should the right and far-right form a coalition, which is a distinct possibility, where does it leave Juncker, Merkel and the EU, with their dreams of open borders and integration ?

Austria has already shit on their cornflakes. This is ten times worse.

It will be as much a shit-fest as the West Ham defence.

A huge vote in EU terms and they will be very worried now. Even the left wing BBC reported it as another Brexit/Trump sway of a vote of a disgruntled, alienated nation. Junker and his rich playmates must be counting the days, which is nice.

"Left wing BBC" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Jacko1966 wrote:
Thames wrote:

A huge vote in EU terms and they will be very worried now. Even the left wing BBC reported it as another Brexit/Trump sway of a vote of a disgruntled, alienated nation. Junker and his rich playmates must be counting the days, which is nice.

"Left wing BBC" :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Now now Jacko, you ageing commie you. :lol:
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 pm

palerider wrote:
Jacko1966 wrote:
"Left wing BBC" :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Now now Jacko, you ageing commie you. :i am genuinely amused:

Got me bang to rights Pale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”