British politics.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Down under mick

Re: British politics.

Postby Down under mick » Sat May 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Not sure but sounds like a hammer
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun May 06, 2018 1:46 am

The media love this antisemitism angle at the moment. For the life of me though I can find little actual evidence.
It seems to mainly stem from comments made by 'Labour supporters' on Facebook. And a report that says certain sections of the Labour party are institutionally anti-Semitic, but again there's really nothing specific.

Is there some confusion between racism in general and racism specific to an individual's political leanings?
I don't think I've ever considered that racism, or specific types of racism, could be directly linked to the support of a specific mainstream political party.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Marco Boogers Boots

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 am

On Sky News over the weekend, they used an emoji-meter to attempt to show how happy the party leaders would be after the local elections. A fucking emoji-meter. On a serious news show about an election. A meter made of fucking emojis. What. The. Fuck. Have. We. Become?

It looked something like this

:x :( :| :) :D
1 x

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Sun May 06, 2018 9:00 am

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:On Sky News over the weekend, they used an emoji-meter to attempt to show how happy the party leaders would be after the local elections. A fucking emoji-meter. On a serious news show about an election. A meter made of fucking emojis. What. The. Fuck. Have. We. Become?

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

1985whu

Postby 1985whu » Mon May 07, 2018 8:18 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Noni wrote:Who were your favourite PM's?

Winston Churchill and John Major are mine.

Winston Churchill wasn't a nice man. The man was a racist, elitist, anti-Semite, who's previous bunglings include Gallipoli, the Tonypandy riots, The Sydney Street siege, several cash for influence scandals, his handling of the Irish problem and later on the Bengal famine. He was in the political wilderness and a mistrusted non entity until an even more right wing nutter decided to have a pop at Western Europe. WW2 saved his reputation in all honesty.

John Major. He fucked Edwina.

Clement Atlee, he's my...ummm can you actually use the word "favourite" when talking about politicians? No matter, He was the man who rebuilt a bombed out and bankrupt Britain after the war. A man who's own privileged background did not detract from his mission of providing for every class of Britain. If only modern politicians (Of any party) had one tenth of his vision.

David Lloyd George - Didn't fuck Edwina. However, he was a great war leader and a visionary. He should be remembered much more fondly than he actually is.

John Major in full Walter The Softy mode, in his gimp mask and blue pvc Y-fronts with the old Tory flame on the side (no pun intended) and Edwina in full dominatrix mode - leathers, chains, whips, heeled-boots, mask with Major shouting 'Wina, I know your eggs are safe!'. Thanks for that image.
1 x

1985whu

Postby 1985whu » Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Marco Boogers Boots wrote:On Sky News over the weekend, they used an emoji-meter to attempt to show how happy the party leaders would be after the local elections. A fucking emoji-meter. On a serious news show about an election. A meter made of fucking emojis. What. The. Fuck. Have. We. Become?

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

It's just Peter Snow's swingometer updated for the current times
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:What a fucking shambles it is.
Considering the utter fucking hash the Tories are making of just about everything, only Jeremy Corbyn and his band of non-entities, masquerading as a front bench, could fail to make hay.
Since the Lib Dems decided to betray their principles for a taste of power I've had little choice but to vote for independents at every election since.

I was saying to my mum earlier that the last 4 governments have been complete horseshit.

This current bunch of Tories are spineless and completely lacking in focus, they're awful. History will not view them kindly.

Labour are selectively principled, clearly incompetent economically and happy to virtue signal and lie to gain voters.

I can't see myself voting for one of the main protagonists ever again.
3 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Tue May 08, 2018 12:25 pm

1985whu wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Winston Churchill wasn't a nice man. The man was a racist, elitist, anti-Semite, who's previous bunglings include Gallipoli, the Tonypandy riots, The Sydney Street siege, several cash for influence scandals, his handling of the Irish problem and later on the Bengal famine. He was in the political wilderness and a mistrusted non entity until an even more right wing nutter decided to have a pop at Western Europe. WW2 saved his reputation in all honesty.

John Major. He fucked Edwina.

Clement Atlee, he's my...ummm can you actually use the word "favourite" when talking about politicians? No matter, He was the man who rebuilt a bombed out and bankrupt Britain after the war. A man who's own privileged background did not detract from his mission of providing for every class of Britain. If only modern politicians (Of any party) had one tenth of his vision.

David Lloyd George - Didn't fuck Edwina. However, he was a great war leader and a visionary. He should be remembered much more fondly than he actually is.

John Major in full Walter The Softy mode, in his gimp mask and blue pvc Y-fronts with the old Tory flame on the side (no pun intended) and Edwina in full dominatrix mode - leathers, chains, whips, heeled-boots, mask with Major shouting 'Wina, I know your eggs are safe!'. Thanks for that image.

You're welcome. :D I'll not mention Corbyn writhing around atop a bloated Diane Abbot trying to find the wet bit then.
2 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
1985whu wrote:

You're welcome. :D I'll not mention Corbyn writhing around atop a bloated Diane Abbot trying to find the wet bit then.

Who said politics isn't sexy? Think about a Major/Corbyn/Abbot/Currie orgy, and now throw in Ann Widdecombe and Virginia Bottomley. I'd pay a small fortune to see that. :shock:
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu May 10, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm sick and tired of the constant bullshit served up by the tabloids.
The Mail calling the Lord's 'traitors' for refusing to vote us out of the customs union -- as opposed to Brexit in general -- and calling it Brexit.
It's funny because I remember every single Brexiteer on TV saying we'd get a deal that would either keep us in the customs union or give us exactly the same access to trade. Not the case though is it?
It's not the case that we're getting a deal like Norway either, which was cited as the example by bloody EVERYONE.
Fucking traitors, from that Nazi supporting rag. Newspapers in glass houses and all that... :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”