British politics.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
h69

Re: British politics.

Postby h69 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Noni wrote:If I was in UK now, would vote for the Looney Party or the Green Party...

Same party mate :twisted:
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Noni wrote:Who were your favourite PM's?

Winston Churchill and John Major are mine.

Winston Churchill wasn't a nice man. The man was a racist, elitist, anti-Semite, who's previous bunglings include Gallipoli, the Tonypandy riots, The Sydney Street siege, several cash for influence scandals, his handling of the Irish problem and later on the Bengal famine. He was in the political wilderness and a mistrusted non entity until an even more right wing nutter decided to have a pop at Western Europe. WW2 saved his reputation in all honesty.

John Major. He fucked Edwina.

Clement Atlee, he's my...ummm can you actually use the word "favourite" when talking about politicians? No matter, He was the man who rebuilt a bombed out and bankrupt Britain after the war. A man who's own privileged background did not detract from his mission of providing for every class of Britain. If only modern politicians (Of any party) had one tenth of his vision.

David Lloyd George - Didn't fuck Edwina. However, he was a great war leader and a visionary. He should be remembered much more fondly than he actually is.

Margaret Thatcher was my favourite PM all day long.......didnt take any shit and got on with the job, brought boomtime to Britain and kicked the Argies out of the Falklands. More balls than any male politician.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
1985whu wrote:
John Major in full Walter The Softy mode, in his gimp mask and blue pvc Y-fronts with the old Tory flame on the side (no pun intended) and Edwina in full dominatrix mode - leathers, chains, whips, heeled-boots, mask with Major shouting 'Wina, I know your eggs are safe!'. Thanks for that image.

You're welcome. :D I'll not mention Corbyn writhing around atop a bloated Diane Abbot trying to find the wet bit then.

arrrrrggggghhhhhh :mrgreen:
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:What a fucking shambles it is.
Considering the utter fucking hash the Tories are making of just about everything, only Jeremy Corbyn and his band of non-entities, masquerading as a front bench, could fail to make hay.
Since the Lib Dems decided to betray their principles for a taste of power I've had little choice but to vote for independents at every election since.

What's pissing me off is the Murdochlodyte press constantly reminding anyone who'll listen how Labour didn't pick up more seats in London, whilst completely glossing over the fact that the Tories have lost more seats than anyone else bar UKIP in these local elections - in fact only the Tories and UKIP DID lose seats, everyone else gained. That said, you're right Nev, sadly people don't vote for the party with the better policies, they vote for the person they perceive to hate less.

If Labour had picked a can of fucking baked beans as leader rather than Corbyn they probably would have trounced May last year.

Sun came out, Millenials decided they were going to the pub rather than voting so it was as you were really. If your plan is to appeal to the young then you have to remember their short attention span.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Wed May 16, 2018 5:30 pm

h69 wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Winston Churchill wasn't a nice man. The man was a racist, elitist, anti-Semite, who's previous bunglings include Gallipoli, the Tonypandy riots, The Sydney Street siege, several cash for influence scandals, his handling of the Irish problem and later on the Bengal famine. He was in the political wilderness and a mistrusted non entity until an even more right wing nutter decided to have a pop at Western Europe. WW2 saved his reputation in all honesty.

John Major. He fucked Edwina.

Clement Atlee, he's my...ummm can you actually use the word "favourite" when talking about politicians? No matter, He was the man who rebuilt a bombed out and bankrupt Britain after the war. A man who's own privileged background did not detract from his mission of providing for every class of Britain. If only modern politicians (Of any party) had one tenth of his vision.

David Lloyd George - Didn't fuck Edwina. However, he was a great war leader and a visionary. He should be remembered much more fondly than he actually is.

Margaret Thatcher was my favourite PM all day long.......didnt take any shit and got on with the job, brought boomtime to Britain and kicked the Argies out of the Falklands. More balls than any male politician.

I'm a cynical old cunt and reckon the timing of the Argentine invasion of the Falklands was fortuitous to say the least.

In January 1982 she had the lowest approval ratings of any PM since the war and was facing a massive revolt from within her own party, which would have ended with her being removed. At the same time across the Atlantic, General Galteri was having his own problems clinging on to power. How lucky a series of events unfurled a few short months later that curried nationalistic jingoism and favour for these two troubled leaders eh? Well, it worked out ok for one of them at least...
2 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
h69 wrote:

I'm a cynical old cunt and reckon the timing of the Argentine invasion of the Falklands was fortuitous to say the least.

In January 1982 she had the lowest approval ratings of any PM since the war and was facing a massive revolt from within her own party, which would have ended with her being removed. At the same time across the Atlantic, General Galteri was having his own problems clinging on to power. How lucky a series of events unfurled a few short months later that curried nationalistic jingoism and favour for these two troubled leaders eh? Well, it worked out ok for one of them at least...

Your not in any way suggesting that Mrs May authorised use of "fire and forget" missiles recently because she was a little bit unloved...
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
h69 wrote:

To be honest, a lot of politics is luck and circumstance.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 pm

h69 wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:

To be honest, a lot of politics is luck and circumstance.

Politicians today are the luckiest in history. They can literally say anything and, as long as their hide is thick enough, there's no comeback.
Voter apathy and partisanship have reached such levels that things like ethics and honesty hardly matter anymore.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 pm

Ha. The government lose a vote in the Lord's, so apparently they're going to hand out peerages to people who will support them and change that L into a W. Don't you love democracy?
This is what happens when your second house is unelected.
Last edited by Neville Bartos on Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Ha. The government lose a vote in the Lord's, so apparently they're going to hand out peerages to people who will support them and change that L into a W. Don't you love democracy?
This is what happens when your second house in unelected.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this story. This country is about as much of a democracy as Equatorial Guinea is.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Return to “Topical Topics”