British politics.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: British politics.

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Just like the vast numbers of British Passport holders who were, and probably still are, fighting for ISIS whilst enjoying the benefits of Brotish citizenship then.

Hanging's too good for those bastards but that's another story.

On that we can agree
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 am

Dont worry, when Jezzas PM they will be welcomed back with open arms as freedom fighters and will let out Lee Rigby's killers and treason plotters as a goodwill gesture.
Then have constructive talks with IS to set up an Eid peace agreement to give away large swathes of the Midlands and the South East to set up their Caliphate then gradually turn the UK into a Muslim state.
Also he will form a coalition government with the Taliban and make Samantha Lewthwaite deputy PM.
Then we can wage an all out war with Israel.

Rule Britannia !!
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:
It's a good thing then that the vast majority don't want immigration to stop then, isn't it?

I would say that saying the vast majority don't want immigration to stop is debatable tbh. I would guess amongst those who voted to leave the vast majority are in favour of stopping immigration.

That is the reason why and no other, the majority voted for Brexit.

Not being funny,but many has "Thick has shit" voted for it"Get rid of Immigration der der".That`s how they think

I don`t agree with everything about staying in Europe,but I think it`s the better option over all.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:11 am

FlatCapDave wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Free movement between EU member states is not classed as immigration.

Call it "free movement" if you like, but we both know that's nothing more than a technicality. It's immigration.

It would take a momentous fucking argument for anyone to convince me that the whole "freedom of movement" shite is anything other than a ploy by the wealthier nations within this club to gain access to a largely ununionised, cheap workforce from the poorer members in places like Eastern Europe.

Even the most simple-minded fool could see that when the likes of Bulgaria and Romania were brought into the fold we'd see an uneven surge of immigration (or freedom of movement if you like) from these nations.

It's a smart move by those in power really, as they gain access to a cheaper job market, driving down wages, and manage to gag most complaints about it as simply being "racist."

Neville Bartos wrote:There's also no obligation to take refugees. And unless you're a member of Schengen, anyone without EU documentation can be turned away.

There's no obligation, but it's heavily fucking frowned upon if you don't play the game, isn't it? We've seen the shite that gets slung at governments who don't "take their fair share."

Neville Bartos wrote:Lying, conniving, hypocritical fucktards like Rees-Mogg promised we'd get a deal like Norway. The fucking idiot is even on film espousing his support for a second referendum.
Now he wants to gamble with my fucking livelihood while he stashes his own loot in Dublin, just in case it goes tits up? He can fuck right off, and so can any cunt who agrees with him. :D

Well, these dolts who are carrying out negotiations are simply representatives of the democratically elected government of this piece of rock we call home, so it's really those who voted the cunts in who are to blame.

Neville Bartos wrote:According to polls the main reasons behind a leave vote were political and judicial autonomy.

You think the majority of people who voted to leave the EU did so because of "judicial autonomy?"

Christ mate, come on. Polls are a pile of shite. They told us that Trump wouldn't win the election, didn't they? The pollsters have constantly been made to look silly of late.

Neville Bartos wrote:No EU member state is legally obliged to allow any non EU citizens to enter that state. Irrespective of how many refugees Germany allows in.

Again, a simplistic way of looking at it. Do you think if the UK said "right, we're taking in absolutely no one" the likes of Merkel would just have shrugged her shoulders and said "ah well, that's how it goes under the rules I guess?"

Of course not. There's political antics that go on mate, you know that. You're being selectively ignorant here.

Neville Bartos wrote:This is exactly the kind of non factual fear mongering I find exasperating.

Almost as exasperating as I find people holding the EU to account for unfettered immigration, but letting our own government off the hook for allowing just as many non EU immigrants in. If we didn't need em, why did the Tories let them all in?

No one is "letting the Tories off the hook" though, are they? The people I know who complain about immigration are constantly banging on about how the Government are at it, and how they're a bunch of wealthy cunts who are playing politics to the benefit of them and their friends.

And we don't "need em," we accept them into the country because they'll work for lower rates of pay for the most part, and aren't overly keen on unionising.

That benefits big business, and at the end of the day it's big business that matters, not the poor sods who are at the bottom of the pile, be they Polish, Pakistani, Romanian or from Dagenham.

I don't see how anyone could have thought free movement on top of expansion into less well developed economies would work.
Of course there's going to be a huge migration of (especially young) workers from east to west.

Given most countries have minimum wage legislation, I think it might have been more about cheaper and more abundant professional workers.
As well as a nice supply of people willing to do the jobs most westerners won't. Cleaners, carers, orderlies, mental health workers, anything involving manual labour.

We use a contract cleaning company and I've not spoken to any cleaner with a British accent in over a decade.
I don't want to sound all right-wing, but I think there might be a lot of people who prefer the welfare state to a job they see as being beneath them.

Not taking in refugees is definitely frowned upon, but frowning is about the most punitive action that can be taken.
Theres always an argument to be made about responsibility in causing the kinds of crises that drive these mass exoduses. Libya, Syria, Iraq, as nasty as the despots who run/ran these places were/are we've seen the havoc the voids they leave cause.

I'm rarely inclined to blame the voting public. Competency and honesty are in short supply in politics these days.
We have a ego driven twat leading one party and a woman with no noticeable principles leading the other.

And waiting in the wings is, of course, Boris. A man of no discernable talent, political or otherwise. Who seems hell-bent on implementing a British version of the right wing popularism that swept Donald Trump to 3 million less votes than the unelectable Hilary Clinton.

And Labour sans Corbyn is a void lacking personality or leadership. Ed Miliband must be kicking himself for shooting his bolt too early. Labour would probably be polling through the roof if he was still captain. And I thought he was a bit wet.

The judicial thing less so, but would you rate immigration above political autonomy?
I'd like to think MOST people didn't vote leave because of lies about Turkey, being confused about where Muslim immigrants come from, or UKIPs rehashed Nazi propaganda posters.
That said for better or worse, I think everyone has a little bit of prejudice in them, so I wouldn't dispute it was a factor.

I'd say predictive polling is pretty flawed. Asking people their reasoning after the fact less so.

Clinton lost because a vote in California is worth less than a vote in Iowa. You'd think polling 4% more votes than your opponent would win it. Not in America.

What could Merkel do? Nothing. It's not simplistic stating the facts. Cameron had already announced we'd take in fuck all refugees. The truth was that the if and how many was a matter for individual government's. Merkel could be annoyed as she liked, but that was it.

Oh come on, mate. I still see people calling out Liberals and lefties as the architects of mass immigration. Which might be a fair point IF we hadn't had years of conservative government's allowing in vast numbers of non EU immigrants. The same government's who had the nerve to trumpet their unrealistically low targets and then act like they had no control when they missed.
So, we have record levels of immigration under the Conservatives + immigration is a huge concern = re-elect the Conservatives. Yes, they've really been held to account.

Capitalism dictating immigration. Nothing new there.
What's the alternative though? If we want these filthy capitalists to invest we have to provide them with an underclass to exploit. Unfortunately our underclass are all on benefits, so we've no choice but to bus them in from abroad.

As for complaining about worker exploitation.
Careful with that kind of talk, I've been called a communist and Trotskyite for far less. :D

Anyway, Dave, always a pleasure to exchange views with someone as thoughtful as yourself.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:46 am

palerider wrote:
Pennywise wrote:
Probably, but I'd say it depends on who you speak to or where you're from I guess; I work in the city and know and talk to 7 or 8 people who voted out and not one of them voted out due to immigration.

Everyone has their reasons and that drunken cunt Juncker wants to outlaw my bendy banana. :lol:

50/50 where I live and if you work in the city that will be a Remain area I guess.

The vote was won in the north however. In traditional Labour heartlands. The migration problem is far more acute there as that's where the majority of them are housed. Far away from the Michael Hestletine's, John Major's, Gina Miller's and Vince Cable's of this world who are aching for a 2nd referendum. And it amazes me that there are Labour MP's up there whose constituencies were staunchly leave that still want to stay in. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

It won't happen anyway but they're deluding themselves if they think the outcome would be any different.

I get about a bit and there's no great concentration of EU migrants anywhere.
Unless there's vast numbers of Poles roaming around Lancashire I've not heard about, I can't see why northerners would be anymore inclined to vote leave.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I'm a Corbyn fan.

I believe human life is precious and admire the fact that he will go to any lengths to avoid sending our sons,brothers,dads to their deaths.

If a compromise can avoid confrontation I believe he will go for it and work towards rapport with even those whose principles oppose ours.

It's not a vote winner...but all those promises are broken anyhow.
0 x

A.Fox

Postby A.Fox » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Mikeveep wrote:I'm a Corbyn fan.

I believe human life is precious and admire the fact that he will go to any lengths to avoid sending our sons,brothers,dads to their deaths.

If a compromise can avoid confrontation I believe he will go for it and work towards rapport with even those whose principles oppose ours.

It's not a vote winner...but all those promises are broken anyhow.

Whoo, I joined this forum for football but politics too. Bring it on. I love a debate. I would have thought West Ham... far right...maybe not. Given our injury record. But come on peeps and chat. Maybe I should be on YT but if you are on here you are West Ham. COYI.
0 x

A.Fox

Postby A.Fox » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 pm

h69 wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
What's pissing me off is the Murdochlodyte press constantly reminding anyone who'll listen how Labour didn't pick up more seats in London, whilst completely glossing over the fact that the Tories have lost more seats than anyone else bar UKIP in these local elections - in fact only the Tories and UKIP DID lose seats, everyone else gained. That said, you're right Nev, sadly people don't vote for the party with the better policies, they vote for the person they perceive to hate less.

If Labour had picked a can of fucking baked beans as leader rather than Corbyn they probably would have trounced May last year.

Sun came out, Millenials decided they were going to the pub rather than voting so it was as you were really. If your plan is to appeal to the young then you have to remember their short attention span.

Fuck the young ...ignorant cunts.( Not all) but most.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Fucking Arron Banks. Can you believe this cunt, who is in league with the Russians, has the nerve to call May 'a traitor'?

I really struggle with the insanity that is British politics right now.
We have Rees-Mogg trying to run the Tories on a platform of hypocrisy, Johnson in bed with the American 'alt' right trying to become Britain's answer to Donald Trump.
And Captain Black himself, Arron Banks, urging his supporters, whoever they are, to join the Conservative party so they can bypass democracy and go straight to doing what Uncle Vlad Putin wants.
All whilst Jeremy Corbyn bumbles about the place, doing nothing but getting on Jews tits, like the egotistical senile old twat he is.
You honestly couldn't make this stuff up. I used to think American politics was a complete joke, but fuck me if we haven't caught them up at a pace.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 am

This is the shit I'm talking about.
This is a direct quote from Liam Fox. When you read it, it looks like he's negotiated a brilliant deal with China.
At least that's what the lying little toad wants everyone to think.
Turns out the deal was negotiated by the EU.

Following a multi-million pound win for UK dairy, China has also agreed to allow UK seed potato exports.
China is the world’s largest consumer of potatoes & this deal brings major benefits to Scotland with over 70% of British potato exports coming from Scottish farms. #FreeTradeUK

This thing now, where politicians lie and no-one seems to give a fuck, how long can it last?
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”