The Cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
palerider
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset
x 5

Re: The Cricket

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 am

16 man squad for Sri Lanka

Batsmen

Jennings
Burns
Denly
Root
Pope
Bell

WK Batsmen

Bairstow
Buttler

All Rounders

Stokes
Sam Curran
Moeen Ali
Woakes

Specialist spinners

Rashid
Leach

Seamers

Anderson
Jamie Overton


With Broad now injured that's who I'd pick. Not that Jennings deserves it, he's pants, but who else is there ?
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2697
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 1

Re: The Cricket

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm

palerider wrote:16 man squad for Sri Lanka

Batsmen

Jennings
Burns
Denly
Root
Pope
Bell

WK Batsmen

Bairstow
Buttler

All Rounders

Stokes
Sam Curran
Moeen Ali
Woakes

Specialist spinners

Rashid
Leach

Seamers

Anderson
Jamie Overton


With Broad now injured that's who I'd pick. Not that Jennings deserves it, he's pants, but who else is there ?
Hameed over Jennings for me. He averaged 40+ in India, and you'd expect it to be mostly spin in Sri Lanka too.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 1

Re: The Cricket

Post by h69 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

mkhammer wrote:Well done Cookie...simply brilliant,what a way to Bow out....crowd were great as well made it
a special day for him.

Think he just needed rebooting,seemed to be playing under to much pressure,concentration
was drifting.
Think its a spending more time with family for him as well,2 more long tours coming up,
cant be a lot of fun being away from your family so much.

Prob one of the toughest jobs in Sport ..Opening bat..team game,but your very much on your
own out there,facing the worlds best bowlers with a new ball..

Talkin bout worlds best bowlers......Jimmy Anderson should become Highest Wicket Taking
Pace Bowler today.....another great achievement.....didn't think he would stand up for
all 5 tests....Great Bowler..
Top man Cookie.....went to my school !
0 x

User avatar
4ever-blowin-bubbles
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 am
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: The Cricket

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:10 pm

i see the new 100 ball is coming soon and on tv they were trying it out in front of journalists
its a bit to close to 20/20 for my liking and even worse its made up teams so looks like i will be supporting the south east team if there is 1
0 x

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3124
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 3

Re: The Cricket

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:28 pm

h69 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Well done Cookie...simply brilliant,what a way to Bow out....crowd were great as well made it
a special day for him.

Think he just needed rebooting,seemed to be playing under to much pressure,concentration
was drifting.
Think its a spending more time with family for him as well,2 more long tours coming up,
cant be a lot of fun being away from your family so much.

Prob one of the toughest jobs in Sport ..Opening bat..team game,but your very much on your
own out there,facing the worlds best bowlers with a new ball..

Talkin bout worlds best bowlers......Jimmy Anderson should become Highest Wicket Taking
Pace Bowler today.....another great achievement.....didn't think he would stand up for
all 5 tests....Great Bowler..
Top man Cookie.....went to my school !
Can't be too far from me H.
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 1

Re: The Cricket

Post by h69 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 am

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:
Top man Cookie.....went to my school !
Can't be too far from me H.
Used to go through Clophill every morning on a coach Terry
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5813
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 2

Re: The Cricket-? for Terra1965

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:15 pm

h69 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
Can't be too far from me H.
Used to go through Clophill every morning on a coach Terry
Here's a bit of trivia for you Terry. Clophill gained a bit of infamy (in some people's eyes) back in the mid 60's when , let's call them a newsworthy person, started living there following his release from Her Majesty's. Do you know who it was ?
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3124
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 3

Re: The Cricket-? for Terra1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
Used to go through Clophill every morning on a coach Terry
Here's a bit of trivia for you Terry. Clophill gained a bit of infamy (in some people's eyes) back in the mid 60's when , let's call them a newsworthy person, started living there following his release from Her Majesty's. Do you know who it was ?
Yes I do and he still lives in the village now.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5813
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 2

Re: The Cricket-? for Terra1965

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Here's a bit of trivia for you Terry. Clophill gained a bit of infamy (in some people's eyes) back in the mid 60's when , let's call them a newsworthy person, started living there following his release from Her Majesty's. Do you know who it was ?
Yes I do and he still lives in the village now.
Must be in his mid eighties now.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3124
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 3

Re: The Cricket-? for Terra1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
Yes I do and he still lives in the village now.
Must be in his mid eighties now.
Yeh,he is..My wife went to school with his daughter and actually told her about it.
0 x

Post Reply