The Cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: The Cricket

Postby palerider » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:32 am

mkhammer wrote:
palerider wrote:Well Cook's had a good day. Can't catch and can't fucking bat now either. Ashwin will open the bowling and have him on toast. And Malan's droppped catch, equally simple, only cost 135 runs. I'd only pick Cook now for the 2nd test as we've had problems getting one opener after Strauss retired let alone two, but it's last chance saloon for him.

Curran proved me wrong but I did suggest he played now instead of Broad, and that's even more evident now. Noticeable that Root was happy to bowl Stokes into the ground rather than risk Broad.

Those two drops off consecutive balls, one of them Kohli, have handed India the match.

England should really be on top....India bit disappointing so far ,thought they were gonna
put us to the sword today but Kohli was their only real threat.....thought we would lose this series
but have a bit of hope now..
Stupid mistakes in 1st and some crap slip fielding....and god knows how many runs went
down to where a 3rd man should have been.....think it was Vaughn who was banging on about that...

Agree Malans not convincing.....and was worried for Curran,but done well tho,Anderson always
bowls well,but can't see him making all 5 tests,never know what Broad is gonna turn up,unplayable
sometimes,other times...well..

And yeah openers,to many times there's pressure on middle order to get the runs..
Cooks been Brilliant,up there with best I've seen...but maybe losing his edge now.

But looks like gonna be an exciting series.....thought we might have been in for a spanking
from these guys..

Totally agree with the 3rd man thing, poor captaincy from Root. With the ball swinging, take mid-on away to encourage the drive. Also, Root himself is our best slip fielder yet as captain doesn't field there now. Why ? Ponting used to captain from there. The problem with Cook is that he's such a donkey in the field you have to hide him.

Probably sounds that I'm digging Cook out but that's far from the case. I'm an Essex fan, but you can't hide the obvious. 11,000 test runs or not, he's struggling badly and the look on his face last night when he was out suggests to me he may be close to retirement from tests anyway.

And 7 left-handers in the team is so unbalanced. Ashwin, who's probably the world's best spinner, has an amazing record against them. For the next test, Malan and Broad should be out whichever way this match goes.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Absolute garbage.

Bilic out.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Postby palerider » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:Absolute garbage.

Bilic out.

I hadn't realised you were an aficionado of the great game my learned friend.

I used to play, a bowler in fact. The way I'd steadfastly polish my balls to help them swing was a joy to watch. A bit of a hoiker with the bat but I did love the thwack of willow.

But yes, Bilic out and that dreary Jock too.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:Absolute garbage.

Bilic out.

I hadn't realised you were an aficionado of the great game my learned friend.

I used to play, a bowler in fact. The way I'd steadfastly polish my balls to help them swing was a joy to watch. A bit of a hoiker with the bat but I did love the thwack of willow.

Indeed sir. I was once an all rounder and known to many as either the white lightning or the flashing blade.
Bowling came easy for me, at nearly 120 mph I had many a batsman staining their whites. Nothing quite like the middle stump being up rooted in my book.
Batting though was my forte, my agility around the crease was legendary and footwork almost Fred Astaireish. Picking out the wrongun, chinamen and the googley became second nature and the quickies became exasperated as many a delivery was sent hurtling towards the boundary with the flick of a wrist.
Unfortunately my learned friend time catches up with all of us and I'm now forced to endure watching root and co collapse at the merest whiff.
Sad times indeed.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
palerider wrote:I hadn't realised you were an aficionado of the great game my learned friend.

Indeed sir. I was once an all rounder and known to many as either the white lightning or the flashing blade.
Bowling came easy for me, at nearly 120 mph I had many a batsman staining their whites. Nothing quite like the middle stump being up rooted in my book.
Batting though was my forte, my agility around the crease was legendary and footwork almost Fred Astaireish. Picking out the wrongun, chinamen and the googley became second nature and the quickies became exasperated as many a delivery was sent hurtling towards the boundary with the flick of a wrist.
Unfortunately my learned friend time catches up with all of us and I'm now forced to endure watching root and co collapse at the merest whiff.
Sad times indeed.

Without a doubt. Lily-livered turds the lot of them. Obviously not British. Sadly the day is long gone that the map of the world was pink, WG would put the fuzzy-wuzzies to the sword and we'd hurl our top hats in the air.

Incidentally, Sullivan used to play I've heard and was a bit of a short-leg.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:53 pm

palerider wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Sad times indeed.

Without a doubt. Lily-livered turds the lot of them. Obviously not British. Sadly the day is long gone that the map of the world was pink, WG would put the fuzzy-wuzzies to the sword and we'd hurl our top hats in the air.

Incidentally, Sullivan used to play I've heard and was a bit of a short-leg.

I had heard that they once used him as a stump in a match but he quit quite early, because he couldn't balance the bail on his head properly.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Christ, the art of test cricket is on life support.
Out of 22 players only Kohli seems capable of not playing like it's Twenty20.
India 5 down already. If someone tells the rest of the Indians that they don't have to try and hit every ball we're in trouble.
I never thought I'd pine for a Boycott-like player... :roll:
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

hd1

Postby hd1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Well that was unexpected! Victory snapped from the jaws of defeat for a change
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:47 pm

I notice Sky in their political correctness axed Sir Ian from the commentary box in favour of some bint who played girls' cricket. What the fuck is all that about ? Who's doing the ironing in her household ffs !

This unexpected turnabout either came from my pep-talk yesterday or the hero of '81 using his free time to inject some British spunk into 'em, but either way, well done.

I'd Still axe Broad and Malan, with Ali in for Stokes who'll be in court for Lords' but onwards and upwards.

As for you Kohli, you may be the best batsman on the planet but you're still a cunt.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:57 pm

India were rubbish,thought we were in for a hard time of it,but could have won that a
lot easier.
But don't think they'll play that poor again.

A star is born ...Maybe..Curran what a great match 5 wkts,must have been nearly hundred runs.
Thought was a mistake putting him in against this lot....but shut me up.. :lol:
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”