The Cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Re: The Cricket

Post by eastcoastclaret » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:55 pm

For those that think he has been cleared in a uk court of law and everything is back to how it was, and that Stokes is an automatic shoe in, think again. The blazers, who like nothing more than to condemn someone before proven guilty will now forming an orderly queue to yet again try to fuck up an English side. Oh hang on......

'ECB must strike right balance when investigating Ben Stokes and Alex Hales' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45186917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:39 pm

eastcoastclaret wrote:For those that think he has been cleared in a uk court of law and everything is back to how it was, and that Stokes is an automatic shoe in, think again. The blazers, who like nothing more than to condemn someone before proven guilty will now forming an orderly queue to yet again try to fuck up an English side. Oh hang on......

'ECB must strike right balance when investigating Ben Stokes and Alex Hales' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45186917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah does worry me....they're gonna do something...and like your hinting at,
already stopped him going to Aus when he could have gone....should be punishment enough.
Wonder if Hales will get something as well he's been lucky so far,not seen it, but there's footage of
him kicking one of the blokes when he was down evidently,which to be me is far worse than
than punching a young fit bloke in the face....it's not right,but not the end of the world..it happens.

One test.couple grand to a charity...and a bit of community stuff...that's plenty.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Going back to the T20, I was at Middx v Sussex week before last. Middx were terrible, only Eoin Morgan was of a decent standard. Going again on Thursday for the Essex game so hope Essex bat first or it will be an early night.

As a Surrey supporter (was born in Middx so don't ask), our success this year whether 'bought' or not, is welcome given the years in the doldrums we've had since early 2000's. I remember when we were shit!

And Alex Stewart is a nice bloke, knew him and his old man years back when they had their own cricket school.
0 x

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 pm

hd1 wrote:Going back to the T20, I was at Middx v Sussex week before last. Middx were terrible, only Eoin Morgan was of a decent standard. Going again on Thursday for the Essex game so hope Essex bat first or it will be an early night.

As a Surrey supporter (was born in Middx so don't ask), our success this year whether 'bought' or not, is welcome given the years in the doldrums we've had since early 2000's. I remember when we were shit!

And Alex Stewart is a nice bloke, knew him and his old man years back when they had their own cricket school.
As well as the investment Surrey have a nice little academy and doing good things. Been watching Sam Curran for a couple of seasons now and liked watching for Surrey now England. I think Surrey CCC are finally getting it right.

Middlesex, who I support are shite at T20. Watched them in the rain last season at the Swalec and they all were in a hurry to get out and into the hutch while we spent good money to watch a game of cricket under the lights.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 pm

It was a better performance last night but their fielding let them down badly. Scoring 210 first they should have won the game but lost with 4 balls to spare!
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:36 pm

i was there at lords watching middlesx v essex
great game and great crowd and i got to see the ashes in the museum
prices of food were quite expensive but thats the norm nowadys at big venues
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Hooray, Vince has been recalled. That should shore up the pony batting. 13 tests and an average that wouldn't look out of place on a tailender.
Why not give Clarke or Hameed a go?
I mean Hameed averages over 40 in three tests, whilst Vince averages under 25 in 13. I'm not brilliant at maths, but it seems obvious to me which one should be getting another chance.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:39 pm

England won toss and chose to bat.
40-4 FFS.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:42 am

Neville Bartos wrote:England won toss and chose to bat.
40-4 FFS.

This Top 3 thing is pissing me off......Lucky to get 50 runs outta them,it's not recent either,
Always down to 4-5-6-7 to get us a decent score..

Gotta love Curran ,what a star,gonna be round for along time,thought it was a huge mistake
chucking him in against this lot,never been more wrong..

Funny has a totally different stature to Gower,but something in his batting reminds me of him.

Think we have a half decent side...but the Openers not scoring is screwing us up.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:England won toss and chose to bat.
40-4 FFS.

This Top 3 thing is pissing me off......Lucky to get 50 runs outta them,it's not recent either,
Always down to 4-5-6-7 to get us a decent score..

Gotta love Curran ,what a star,gonna be round for along time,thought it was a huge mistake
chucking him in against this lot,never been more wrong..

Funny has a totally different stature to Gower,but something in his batting reminds me of him.

Think we have a half decent side...but the Openers not scoring is screwing us up.
Definitely the openers and #3 that are screwing us up. I don't know why Hameed hasn't been given another go in that top 3.
The lower middle order is getting exposed way too soon, way too often. Even Root can't be relied upon to get out for more than 50 (but less than 100) anymore.
0 x