The Cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
4ever-blowin-bubbles

Re: The Cricket

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:52 pm

we won the series against india job done
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:04 am

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:we won the series against india job done

Yes Mate well deserved as well,some great performances at times from everyone...
except the openers......

If we had some....we would be best side in the world,think Cookie needs a time out maybe,
Brilliant Bat love him,will never put him down,but maybe needs a break,he's not right...
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:01 am

mkhammer wrote:
4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:we won the series against india job done

Yes Mate well deserved as well,some great performances at times from everyone...
except the openers......

If we had some....we would be best side in the world,think Cookie needs a time out maybe,
Brilliant Bat love him,will never put him down,but maybe needs a break,he's not right...

your right cookie needs a time out or dare i say it ........ retire
as for keaton jennings he should just be dropped and never come back unless he does something that makes the selectors think we give him another chance but hopefully he won't
0 x

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:06 pm

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

except the openers......

as for keaton jennings he should just be dropped and never come back unless he does something that makes the selectors think we give him another chance but hopefully he won't
Looks like he reads Hammers Chat!!

Great cricketer and while his best form is behind him, we will struggle to replace him. We’ve had a hard time finding someone to partner him so finding a brand new pair will be a big task.

Wish him all the best back at Essex.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

A good time for him to retire.

I'm at the Oval on Saturday so hope I may seem him bat once last time.
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:

Great cricketer and while his best form is behind him, we will struggle to replace him. We’ve had a hard time finding someone to partner him so finding a brand new pair will be a big task.

yes and hopefully get a few more runs for us
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:

Yeah.....Gutted,didn't really want him jacking,just a time out...

One of our great cricketers,might have helped him if he had someone good enough to open with
him...take the pressure off..

Hope still enjoys it back with Essex....tho not to much,as a Middlesex supporter... :lol:
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm

just found out keaton jennings is being kept in the squad for the last test against india
surely with us winning the series it would be a great time to try another opener
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Cook's only 33. I'd like to have seen him take a year out of the game rather than retire. See how he felt afterwards.
Still maybe he's just had enough, and with the shite he's had to open with over the last couple of years, who can blame him.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:35 am

Buttler getting England out of trouble with the bat, but what is Michael Vaughn on? I'm not sure what he's seeing when he talks about Buttler being a special player who will score big test centuries. One in 24 tests isn't much of an indicator in my book.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.