The human race.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

The human race.

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 pm

We are a fucking blight on nature, we really are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44215881
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Re: The human race.

Postby h69 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:48 pm

so sad
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat May 26, 2018 6:24 am

Sky launched their Open Rescue programme last year which got some air-time highlighting the problem.

And now gets a tenth of the air-time than Skybet, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair.....etc etc etc.

Sums it up.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

aklhammer

Postby aklhammer » Sat May 26, 2018 7:02 am

I do my part with recycling and using reusable shopping bags.

But these articles, really. All I see is a bunch of high exposure choreographed drama snaps. The amount of dedication it takes to make those heart-tugging images just right must be horrible on the animals being forced to model these pictures. I'm more disgusted by the emotional manipulation of the article to be honest. Why cant they just report the truth if its so horrible. They might actually get a better reaction.

We don't deserve this world and not just because of our plastic waste.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sat May 26, 2018 4:25 pm

I think I read somewhere that the earth has suffered 5 mass extinction events and the 5th is happening now caused by us.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat May 26, 2018 5:19 pm

aklhammer wrote:I do my part with recycling and using reusable shopping bags.

But these articles, really. All I see is a bunch of high exposure choreographed drama snaps. The amount of dedication it takes to make those heart-tugging images just right must be horrible on the animals being forced to model these pictures. I'm more disgusted by the emotional manipulation of the article to be honest. Why cant they just report the truth if its so horrible. They might actually get a better reaction.

This stuff doesn't have to be choreographed, mate. Social media and YouTube is jam packed with images that want to make you scream at the careless cruelty of humanity.

I really don't know what you think is untrue.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Sun May 27, 2018 9:35 am

aklhammer wrote:I do my part with recycling and using reusable shopping bags.

You really are fucking mental.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 am

I've had a diving licence for 20 years.

It's not even in doubt that there is more plastic in the oceans now.

Also there is far more dead coral than there used to be.

No sensational news, just what I've seen with my own eyes.
0 x

aklhammer

Postby aklhammer » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm

And at no point did I disagree. I do my fair share for the environment and even more so in regards to animal cruelty.

Just think those particular pictures in the original BBC article are staged for dramatic effect. For example, Blue Planet doesn't have a great reputation for being honest with its audio and visuals and these pictures are similar.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Sun May 27, 2018 8:26 pm

aklhammer wrote:And at no point did I disagree. I do my fair share for the environment and even more so in regards to animal cruelty.

Just think those particular pictures in the original BBC article are staged for dramatic effect. For example, Blue Planet doesn't have a great reputation for being honest with its audio and visuals and these pictures are similar.

It's not a BBC article. It's the BBC reporting on an article in The National Geographic.
Next time you drive anywhere look at the amount of plastic shit lining the verges. That animals come into contact with the vast amount of harmful waste we leave laying about is indisputable. That you think those pictures are staged or manipulated is, to me, utterly baffling. there are far worse images -- a couple of which I posted for you. Go and look for yourself.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”