The human race.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
aklhammer
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 am
Location: 200km North of Hobbiton

Re: The human race.

Postby aklhammer » Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
aklhammer wrote:And at no point did I disagree. I do my fair share for the environment and even more so in regards to animal cruelty.

Just think those particular pictures in the original BBC article are staged for dramatic effect. For example, Blue Planet doesn't have a great reputation for being honest with its audio and visuals and these pictures are similar.


It's not a BBC article. It's the BBC reporting on an article in The National Geographic.
Next time you drive anywhere look at the amount of plastic shit lining the verges. That animals come into contact with the vast amount of harmful waste we leave laying about is indisputable. That you think those pictures are staged or manipulated is, to me, utterly baffling. there are far worse images -- a couple of which I posted for you. Go and look for yourself.


Yes it is a BBC article, you linked it yourself. My words were very specific when I referred to 'these pictures are similar'.

No, I don't see plastic where-ever I look. I am lucky enough to live in a less populated area of the world which has quite strict environmental restrictions compared to many other places. If your original point, as inferred by the title of the thread, was to point out a negative aspect of the way the human race behaves, then I am in agreement with you. Do I need to repeat for a third time that I am not arguing your original point? But these pictures are emotion bait, clearly manipulated for maximum effect and piss me off because the people taking the photos don't care for the animals at all. Feel free to take some photos yourself of these areas you see. I am more inclined to be moved by those, or accounts from divers like Gonzo who have nothing to benefit from this, than some award winning photographer does.
0 x

User avatar
Oziron
Director of Avatars
Posts: 1926
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: The human race.

Postby Oziron » Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 am

aklhammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
It's not a BBC article. It's the BBC reporting on an article in The National Geographic.
Next time you drive anywhere look at the amount of plastic shit lining the verges. That animals come into contact with the vast amount of harmful waste we leave laying about is indisputable. That you think those pictures are staged or manipulated is, to me, utterly baffling. there are far worse images -- a couple of which I posted for you. Go and look for yourself.


But these pictures are emotion bait, clearly manipulated for maximum effect and piss me off because the people taking the photos don't care for the animals at all.

How can you draw this conclusion..? The bird in the plastic bag is taken using a long lens so the photographer is probably 50 metres away...Do you think birdy will hang around if photographer approaches..?
It even says in the article (if you had bothered to read it) that the turtle was freed by the photographer..!!

'This loggerhead turtle has become entangled in an old plastic fishing net in the Mediterranean, off the coast of Spain.
The turtle could stretch its neck above water to breathe but would have died had the photographer not freed it'.

Of course photographers want to create emotional images....That's the whole fuckin point of photography......But to say that these pics were staged is ludicrous......(I can just see the photographer jamming that hermit crab into the bottle top whilst muttering to himself...'Get in there you little cunt'...!!)

4 x

User avatar
aklhammer
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 am
Location: 200km North of Hobbiton

Re: The human race.

Postby aklhammer » Mon May 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Oziron wrote:It even says in the article (if you had bothered to read it) that the turtle was freed by the photographer..!!


:D :D :D :D He wasn't a Malian immigrant by any chance?

So they hang around to be rescued but its implausible that the photographer may have had the time to stage it? I don't put anything past these cunts, sorry :cry: .

I'll make my own mind up thanks and do my part where I see fit. The articles regarding sensitive subjects such as environment and immigration are the ones I trust the least simply because they fit too conveniently into other more damaging political movements supported by the Guardian and the BBC, and those cunts can absolutely get fucked.

Meanwhile, on the BBC, here's all you 'need' to know on the subject..... 8-)
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3126
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: The human race.

Postby mkhammer » Mon May 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:We are a fucking blight on nature, we really are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44215881



Great stuff for bringing this up Nev......

More it gets aired the better,maybe somehow someway we can pull a halt to it.lots of people
out there,that care and are trying.....

Just come back from a mini road trip round Cornwall.....beaches there beautiful and generally really
well cared for.....and usually plenty of rubbish bins.....but try and find a recycling bin for
the plastic shit.......such a simple thing...wherever you need a rubbish bin,have a recycler
next to it....

See the same in shopping/town centres etc.......
1 x

User avatar
aklhammer
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 am
Location: 200km North of Hobbiton

Re: The human race.

Postby aklhammer » Mon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm

This make you feel any better? McDonalds wont be happy :D

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-3927_en.htm
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: The human race.

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue May 29, 2018 3:32 am

aklhammer wrote:
Oziron wrote:It even says in the article (if you had bothered to read it) that the turtle was freed by the photographer..!!


:D :D :D :D He wasn't a Malian immigrant by any chance?

So they hang around to be rescued but its implausible that the photographer may have had the time to stage it? I don't put anything past these cunts, sorry :cry: .

I'll make my own mind up thanks and do my part where I see fit. The articles regarding sensitive subjects such as environment and immigration are the ones I trust the least simply because they fit too conveniently into other more damaging political movements supported by the Guardian and the BBC, and those cunts can absolutely get fucked.

Meanwhile, on the BBC, here's all you 'need' to know on the subject..... 8-)


Why are you going on about the Guardian and the BBC? In the first paragraph it states that the pictures are taken from an article in National Geographic. In fact the whole thing is about that article.

And given this is specifically about plastic pollution, not the environment in general, how exactly is it politically motivated? Who and where are the people lobbying for less recycling and for dumping plastics into the sea?

As for your theory that photographers are posing wild animals with, or harmed by, plastic pollution... sorry, but that's utterly fucking mental. I mean, of all the things to write off as some kind of left wing conspiracy theory.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Dicksies Diner
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:28 am

Re: The human race.

Postby Dicksies Diner » Thu May 31, 2018 10:51 pm

Space debris will eventually stop us leaving earth. Were doomed I tell thee.
1 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2823
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: The human race.

Postby h69 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:54 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
aklhammer wrote:
:D :D :D :D He wasn't a Malian immigrant by any chance?

So they hang around to be rescued but its implausible that the photographer may have had the time to stage it? I don't put anything past these cunts, sorry :cry: .

I'll make my own mind up thanks and do my part where I see fit. The articles regarding sensitive subjects such as environment and immigration are the ones I trust the least simply because they fit too conveniently into other more damaging political movements supported by the Guardian and the BBC, and those cunts can absolutely get fucked.

Meanwhile, on the BBC, here's all you 'need' to know on the subject..... 8-)


Why are you going on about the Guardian and the BBC? In the first paragraph it states that the pictures are taken from an article in National Geographic. In fact the whole thing is about that article.

And given this is specifically about plastic pollution, not the environment in general, how exactly is it politically motivated? Who and where are the people lobbying for less recycling and for dumping plastics into the sea?

As for your theory that photographers are posing wild animals with, or harmed by, plastic pollution... sorry, but that's utterly fucking mental. I mean, of all the things to write off as some kind of left wing conspiracy theory.


I agree with this.....I dont like the left at all but this is a very real issue. I notice that Spurs new ground is not allowing any plastic products and they have banned straws at Wimbledon because they distributed 100,000 last year with drinks. Clearly it is a very real issue.

Not sure how Chelsea will get rid of all the plastics in their stadium though !
2 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: The human race.

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky ... d-11392657

This stuff upsets me almost as much as deliberate cruelty. Just horrible.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am

Re: The human race.

Postby FlatCapDave » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:00 am

Here's the thing, we can all recycle and be good citizens, but the truth is that the only way this shit starts to slow down and end is the human race realising that we don't need as much stuff in our lives.

We consume like fuck, and until we smarten up and realise we don't need most of the shit that we have it's not going to get any better.

The majority of us spend the majority of our lives at work earning money to pay for and buy shit that we don't need. That shit has to be produced & packaged, using all manner of materials.

It's supply & demand. If humans stopped demanding shite on an astronomical level the people who make it would stop doing so.
0 x


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests