London stadium...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
hamstew

London stadium...

Postby hamstew » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 pm

I watched the Foo Fighters play at the London stadium last night and I must say fucking brilliant, for a band going for 23 years they haven't lost it (not that they had ever lost it in the first place is sentiments to them). Dave Grohl what a showman and Taylor Hawkins on the drums doing his drum solo and the rest of the band truly amazing.

That is the best performance and atmosphere I have seen and heard all bloody year in the 'iconic' London stadium!

Did anyone else go?

Btw it was nice to see that they kept the West Ham United letters on the stadium and other West Ham memorabilia in and around the stadium.
0 x

Gonzo

Re: London stadium...

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:30 pm

I didn't go mate but I saw the Olympics and the Rugby there and enjoyed both.

Smashing stadium but too far away for football in many of the seats unfortunately, that curve in the middle just looks ridiculous
0 x

hamstew

Postby hamstew » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Gonzo wrote:I didn't go mate but I saw the Olympics and the Rugby there and enjoyed both.

Smashing stadium but too far away for football in many of the seats unfortunately, that curve in the middle just looks ridiculous

You may not get the best football atmosphere (although sometimes you can and do get a decent football atmosphere) but in my opinion perfect for concerts and yet again my opinion the acoustics were rocking but maybe I was caught in the moment.
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 pm

hamstew wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I didn't go mate but I saw the Olympics and the Rugby there and enjoyed both.

You may not get the best football atmosphere (although sometimes you can and do get a decent football atmosphere) but in my opinion perfect for concerts and yet again my opinion the acoustics were rocking but maybe I was caught in the moment.

It certainly has the potential to be loud mate
0 x

whu

Postby whu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

Love the Foos, would like to have seen that ... glad you enjoyed.
0 x
Tell the truth or get out of our club - NO SURRENDER

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm

hamstew wrote:I watched the Foo Fighters play at the London stadium last night and I must say fucking brilliant, for a band going for 23 years they haven't lost it (not that they had ever lost it in the first place is sentiments to them). Dave Grohl what a showman and Taylor Hawkins on the drums doing his drum solo and the rest of the band truly amazing.

That is the best performance and atmosphere I have seen and heard all bloody year in the 'iconic' London stadium!

Did anyone else go?

Btw it was nice to see that they kept the West Ham United letters on the stadium and other West Ham memorabilia in and around the stadium.

I was there and I also saw AC/DC there a couple of years ago.....the acoustics are very good.
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:43 am

Went there a couple of weeks ago to find the brick that the kids got me.
Fucking Beyonce concert that night so they wouldn't let me in. Managed to find it the other day though so happy boy now.
Can't believe how much the old place, Stratford, has changed.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”