London stadium...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
hamstew
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:17 pm

London stadium...

Postby hamstew » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 pm

I watched the Foo Fighters play at the London stadium last night and I must say fucking brilliant, for a band going for 23 years they haven't lost it (not that they had ever lost it in the first place is sentiments to them). Dave Grohl what a showman and Taylor Hawkins on the drums doing his drum solo and the rest of the band truly amazing.

That is the best performance and atmosphere I have seen and heard all bloody year in the 'iconic' London stadium!

Did anyone else go?

Btw it was nice to see that they kept the West Ham United letters on the stadium and other West Ham memorabilia in and around the stadium.
0 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: London stadium...

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:30 pm

I didn't go mate but I saw the Olympics and the Rugby there and enjoyed both.

Smashing stadium but too far away for football in many of the seats unfortunately, that curve in the middle just looks ridiculous
0 x

User avatar
hamstew
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: London stadium...

Postby hamstew » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Gonzo wrote:I didn't go mate but I saw the Olympics and the Rugby there and enjoyed both.

Smashing stadium but too far away for football in many of the seats unfortunately, that curve in the middle just looks ridiculous


You may not get the best football atmosphere (although sometimes you can and do get a decent football atmosphere) but in my opinion perfect for concerts and yet again my opinion the acoustics were rocking but maybe I was caught in the moment.
1 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: London stadium...

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 pm

hamstew wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I didn't go mate but I saw the Olympics and the Rugby there and enjoyed both.

Smashing stadium but too far away for football in many of the seats unfortunately, that curve in the middle just looks ridiculous


You may not get the best football atmosphere (although sometimes you can and do get a decent football atmosphere) but in my opinion perfect for concerts and yet again my opinion the acoustics were rocking but maybe I was caught in the moment.


It certainly has the potential to be loud mate
0 x

User avatar
whu
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am

Re: London stadium...

Postby whu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

Love the Foos, would like to have seen that ... glad you enjoyed.
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2807
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: London stadium...

Postby h69 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm

hamstew wrote:I watched the Foo Fighters play at the London stadium last night and I must say fucking brilliant, for a band going for 23 years they haven't lost it (not that they had ever lost it in the first place is sentiments to them). Dave Grohl what a showman and Taylor Hawkins on the drums doing his drum solo and the rest of the band truly amazing.

That is the best performance and atmosphere I have seen and heard all bloody year in the 'iconic' London stadium!

Did anyone else go?

Btw it was nice to see that they kept the West Ham United letters on the stadium and other West Ham memorabilia in and around the stadium.


I was there and I also saw AC/DC there a couple of years ago.....the acoustics are very good.
0 x

User avatar
tassiehammer
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:21 am
Location: tasmania

Re: London stadium...

Postby tassiehammer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:43 am

Went there a couple of weeks ago to find the brick that the kids got me.
Fucking Beyonce concert that night so they wouldn't let me in. Managed to find it the other day though so happy boy now.
Can't believe how much the old place, Stratford, has changed.
0 x

User avatar
garnett
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow

Re: London stadium...

Postby garnett » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:57 am

Morning,
This weekend brings the Anniversary games back to the Stadium, I`m told they are struggling to sell tickets, good, all our 2012 athletes and Bolt are now retired, I sincerely hope this will be the last of the "legacy" bollocks and WE can return to a normal pre-season big game opener or better still a 4 team tournament like the gooners generally put on.

A nice new shiny stadium awaits our budding athletes in Birmingham, where athletics belongs.
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 4267
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: we are all we got we are all we need

Re: London stadium...

Postby cockneyhammer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:28 pm

was the first amd only time i will go in that place must admit i was fucking schoked how big the place is coul;d not see to much we had pitch side tickets so glad i went and did not stick to my will never go there the foos did something west ham could not and got me in there could not belive how bloody dear the food etc was


stand out for me learning to fly and the last song everlong was amazing they blew me away as that is not my sort of music only other time i would go there is if my beloved la rams was to play there
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3041
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: London stadium...

Postby mkhammer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:15 am

cockneyhammer wrote:was the first amd only time i will go in that place must admit i was fucking schoked how big the place is coul;d not see to much we had pitch side tickets so glad i went and did not stick to my will never go there the foos did something west ham could not and got me in there could not belive how bloody dear the food etc was


stand out for me learning to fly and the last song everlong was amazing they blew me away as that is not my sort of music only other time i would go there is if my beloved la rams was to play there


Glad you enjoyed it mate.......Everlong......what a great song....they manage to play it a bit
different each time they do it.......so many great songs....My Hero prob my Fav Tho...

Great Great Band.....


But.......... C'mon you Packers...... :lol:
0 x


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests