Joshua v Povetkin

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gonzo

Joshua v Povetkin

Postby Gonzo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:43 am

At the 4th time of asking I've actually managed to get tickets using the matchroom website and it worked a fucking treat. . . . . I wish ticketmaster & West ham would use the same software.

Anyway at £60 a pop for mid tier tickets ain't too bad methinks.

22nd September with Chelsea at home on the 23rd might be messy though :?
1 x

Taansend

Re: Joshua v Povetkin

Postby Taansend » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Gonzo wrote:At the 4th time of asking I've actually managed to get tickets using the matchroom website and it worked a fucking treat. . . . . I wish ticketmaster & West ham would use the same software.

Nice one. Should be a decent undercard too. I leave England the day before the fight so will be cheering him on back in Florida.

I plan on going to the fight at Wembley on April 13th. If Joshua beats Povetkin (not a given) I'm hoping he's up against Wilder next. I'll be in Kent for a wedding so taking the Groom to the fight for his stag do.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:37 am

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:At the 4th time of asking I've actually managed to get tickets using the matchroom website and it worked a fucking treat. . . . . I wish ticketmaster & West ham would use the same software.

Nice one. Should be a decent undercard too. I leave England the day before the fight so will be cheering him on back in Florida.

I plan on going to the fight at Wembley on April 13th. If Joshua beats Povetkin (not a given) I'm hoping he's up against Wilder next. I'll be in Kent for a wedding so taking the Groom to the fight for his stag do.

That will be a proper stag do, I just made sure that I was logged on to the pc at 9:00am and I got a ticket so I'me sure you'll be fine.

Not the best seats but at £60 it's good value when you think that it's £20 for the PPV
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:

That will be a proper stag do, I just made sure that I was logged on to the pc at 9:00am and I got a ticket so I'me sure you'll be fine.

Not the best seats but at £60 it's good value when you think that it's £20 for the PPV

I paid more than that for Nigel Benn tickets 20+ years ago so it's a great deal
1 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 pm

The undercard is taking shape. Two quality fights added over the last 24 hours.

Luke Campbell rematches Yvan Mendy who have him his first pro loss. Mendy is a tough old school fighter who's improving with age.

Also Lawrence Okolie fights British Cruiserweight Champion, Matty Askin of Blackpool. Two big blokes who are both big punchers.

Both cracking fights on paper.

http://boxrec.com/en/event/772366
1 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Taansend wrote:

He will beat everything he faces mate till he meets fury ( if fury is right in the head ) then AJ wheels will come off
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:03 pm

grandad wrote:
Taansend wrote:

He will beat everything he faces mate till he meets fury ( if fury is right in the head ) then AJ wheels will come off

It's going to be interesting to find out.

Whatever happens if Fury faces Wilder then AJ will have to fight the winner straight away.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Gonzo wrote:
grandad wrote:

Whatever happens if Fury faces Wilder then AJ will have to fight the winner straight away.

Let's hope so but politics has a way of fucking things up.

I think many people are over hyping Fury. His legend grew during his break.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Yeah, he wouldn't be the first.

He needs to seriously sharpen up his act in his next fight and cut out the pantomime as well as lose another 2 stone.
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Yes maybe Mr T but My money will be on Fury and it will be a major bet.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Return to “Topical Topics”