The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 10
x 8

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by FlatCapDave » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Taansend wrote: To me, your argument that Joshua is taking easy fights while avoiding Wilder is void because Joshua's last four scheduled opponents (Klitschko, Pulev, Parker & Povetkin) are all equal or above Wilder at the time of the fights being made.
I'm not saying it's Joshua, it's Hearn. Honest Ed is doing what any promoter in his position would do, and that's to try and string out the big paydays and the current wave AJ's riding for as long as possible.

Why jump in there right now with a dangerous puncher when the same money is there for fighting others? Let Wilder and Fury fight and one of them gets knocked out of the race, then face the other, all the while pocket some more cash for fighting Povetkin and maybe another top ten guy beforehand.

There's absolutely zero reason for Finkel and Wilder to not accept the AJ fight, while the reason above is why I think Ed's playing the long game.
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 7124
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Contact:

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Taansend » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:59 am

FlatCapDave wrote:
Taansend wrote: To me, your argument that Joshua is taking easy fights while avoiding Wilder is void because Joshua's last four scheduled opponents (Klitschko, Pulev, Parker & Povetkin) are all equal or above Wilder at the time of the fights being made.
I'm not saying it's Joshua, it's Hearn. Honest Ed is doing what any promoter in his position would do, and that's to try and string out the big paydays and the current wave AJ's riding for as long as possible.

Why jump in there right now with a dangerous puncher when the same money is there for fighting others? Let Wilder and Fury fight and one of them gets knocked out of the race, then face the other, all the while pocket some more cash for fighting Povetkin and maybe another top ten guy beforehand.

There's absolutely zero reason for Finkel and Wilder to not accept the AJ fight, while the reason above is why I think Ed's playing the long game.
Fair do's. I just see Povetkin as dangerous as Wilder.

Wilder is a bigger fight but Povetkin is very dangerous. Or maybe not without the drugs :lol:

But arguably the top four heavyweights are matching off so hopefully the two winners meet and it's not about Lewis v Bowe scenario
0 x

User avatar
Pennywise
Posts: 2058
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 am
x 33

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Pennywise » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:25 am

Taansend wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:
I'm not saying it's Joshua, it's Hearn. Honest Ed is doing what any promoter in his position would do, and that's to try and string out the big paydays and the current wave AJ's riding for as long as possible.

Why jump in there right now with a dangerous puncher when the same money is there for fighting others? Let Wilder and Fury fight and one of them gets knocked out of the race, then face the other, all the while pocket some more cash for fighting Povetkin and maybe another top ten guy beforehand.

There's absolutely zero reason for Finkel and Wilder to not accept the AJ fight, while the reason above is why I think Ed's playing the long game.
Fair do's. I just see Povetkin as dangerous as Wilder.

Wilder is a bigger fight but Povetkin is very dangerous. Or maybe not without the drugs :lol:

But arguably the top four heavyweights are matching off so hopefully the two winners meet and it's not about Lewis v Bowe scenario
I hate to do it, but I agree with Taans. There is nothing wrong with making a potential mega-fight bake a while. If Wilder gets past Fury, Wilder-Joshua gets even bigger.

The fact is, nobody in the US knows who Wilder is, if he beats Fury, that changes and a potential £50m fights more than doubles in value.

Povetkin is a dangerous bastard too, make no mistake.
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 7124
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Contact:

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Taansend » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Fair do's. I just see Povetkin as dangerous as Wilder.

Wilder is a bigger fight but Povetkin is very dangerous. Or maybe not without the drugs :lol:

But arguably the top four heavyweights are matching off so hopefully the two winners meet and it's not about Lewis v Bowe scenario
I hate to do it, but I agree with Taans. There is nothing wrong with making a potential mega-fight bake a while. If Wilder gets past Fury, Wilder-Joshua gets even bigger.

The fact is, nobody in the US knows who Wilder is, if he beats Fury, that changes and a potential £50m fights more than doubles in value.

Povetkin is a dangerous bastard too, make no mistake.
By the way, I got your kids t-shirts with the American flag, an eagle & the word FREEDOM on it. Did you want a matching one for yourself?
0 x

User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 10
x 8

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by FlatCapDave » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Pennywise wrote: I hate to do it, but I agree with Taans. There is nothing wrong with making a potential mega-fight bake a while. If Wilder gets past Fury, Wilder-Joshua gets even bigger.
You agree with Taans that Wilder's team are the ones who don't want the Joshua fight? Why do you think that would be the case? As I've said already, the Joshua fight is the real money fight for Wilder, by a country mile.

Why would they knock that back if the contracted terms were acceptable in favour of less money to face Fury? It makes no sense.

What does make sense though, is for Hearn to string out the time before AJ fights Wilder, because any AJ fight makes very good money regardless of who he's facing.

I'm the one who's saying that Hearn is trying to string the fight out, not the opposite :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Pennywise
Posts: 2058
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 am
x 33

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Pennywise » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:05 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Pennywise wrote: I hate to do it, but I agree with Taans. There is nothing wrong with making a potential mega-fight bake a while. If Wilder gets past Fury, Wilder-Joshua gets even bigger.
You agree with Taans that Wilder's team are the ones who don't want the Joshua fight? Why do you think that would be the case? As I've said already, the Joshua fight is the real money fight for Wilder, by a country mile.

Why would they knock that back if the contracted terms were acceptable in favour of less money to face Fury? It makes no sense.

What does make sense though, is for Hearn to string out the time before AJ fights Wilder, because any AJ fight makes very good money regardless of who he's facing.

I'm the one who's saying that Hearn is trying to string the fight out, not the opposite :lol:
I'm that kind of guy Dave; agree with everyone, I hate a row.
0 x

User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 10
x 8

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by FlatCapDave » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:21 am

End of the day, it doesn't make much difference really, we're all discussing guys who are making more in a week than we'll earn in a fucking year, or even a life time :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 7124
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Contact:

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Taansend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:11 am

If anything sums up the difference between the two sides it's this.

Fury fought FOUR weeks ago and afterwards his and Wilders camps said "Fight officially announced within the week".

So far not a peep.

Bellew v Usyk is on for November 10th though. Can't wait for that
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 7124
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Contact:

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Taansend » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Also, if the Mayweather Pacquiao rematch happens in early December that will suck up all the USA PPV oxygen.

I doubt if Wilder v Fury would have sold much anyway but even less if that spectacle happens.
0 x

User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 10
x 8

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by FlatCapDave » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Are you actually related to Edward Hearn, Taans? ;)
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media