The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Dicksies Diner

Re: The Gypo, the Heavyweight & the Nandos Chicken

Post by Dicksies Diner » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 pm

I definitely think Fury needs a few more warm up fights before stepping up to world level. I would love it, love it if Fury does spark him out though.

But if Fury loses there's a chuckle brother job going, Tyson Chuckle kinda fits and he is a funny fucker.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:22 pm

They're really trying to sell this. Good luck to them.

I was hoping to go but life has taken a few shite turns lately so it might not be possible. Here's hoping though.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:25 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:I definitely think Fury needs a few more warm up fights before stepping up to world level. I would love it, love it if Fury does spark him out though.

But if Fury loses there's a chuckle brother job going, Tyson Chuckle kinda fits and he is a funny fucker.
I dunno Mate. Fury has been fighting since he was a toddler. I don't know what more fights would do for him. It's not like Wilder is a skilled pressure fighter. He's an incredibly gifted athlete with a mad punch but he won't be busting up Fury systematically.

Wilder loses every minute of every round until (if) he lands THAT punch.
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:02 am

Awwww bless em. . . . this was taken after their press conference. I did think they were trying a little bit too hard.
Fury&wilder.jpg
Fury&wilder.jpg (36.09 KiB) Viewed 360 times
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Gonzo wrote:Awwww bless em. . . . this was taken after their press conference. I did think they were trying a little bit too hard.

Fury&wilder.jpg
A see a caravan holiday in their future
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Taansend wrote:
Dicksies Diner wrote:I definitely think Fury needs a few more warm up fights before stepping up to world level. I would love it, love it if Fury does spark him out though.

I dunno Mate. Fury has been fighting since he was a toddler. I don't know what more fights would do for him. It's not like Wilder is a skilled pressure fighter. He's an incredibly gifted athlete with a mad punch but he won't be busting up Fury systematically.

Wilder loses every minute of every round until (if) he lands THAT punch.
I see your point mate, I just think all that weight his had to lose and being inactive, must have took something away from his sharpness in his defence. His first warm up fight was one embarrassing fight, more like a training session.

If Fury can be a hard to hit and still as his movement which his decent for a man so big, I think you're right

To be fair one of the best punches Fury ever took was when he uppercutted himself.

Fury Vs AJ is the fight I want to see eventually.

Maybe Dillian Whyte gets a rematch with AJ before all this, now that would be a fight. All looking good on these shores at heavyweight.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:20 pm

LA Press Conference really 'kicked off' :lol:

0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:11 pm

I think people get a bit carried away with Fury's 'ability'.
His main weapon is his size. Like Valuev he uses it to maul and drain smaller fighters. With bigger men he does have to rely on his boxing skills, but his output is dire.
He can be hurt and knocked down. And he has lost to a bog standard British level fighter, though he did get the W in what has been correctly called a travesty.
The win over big Wlad has papered over a bang ordinary record, where easily his best opponents are Chisora and Cunningham.

Will inactivity and two warm-up sparring sessions be enough against Wilder? I don't know.
I would guess that if Wilder does land one of his wild swings Fury isn't the man to take it and keep on coming. On the other end Wilder has been hurt by the like of Eric Molina, so whilst Fury is nowhere close to being heavy handed, if he gets Wilder rocking early doors it's anybody's game.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm

0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Blimey, Billy Joe Saunders not allowed to defend his title in Boston next week after falling a drug test even though it's not illegal in the UK (it's from a nasal spray).

Costing him $2.3 million. This was after he'd pulled out of two fights already this year.

https://www.boxingscene.com/billy-joe-s ... de--132588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Social Media