Golovkin v Canelo II - September 15th

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Taansend

Golovkin v Canelo II - September 15th

Postby Taansend » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Rematch at the end of next week.

Golovkin now in his 37th year but coming off his first kayo in two years when he stopped the semi retired Light Middleweight Vanes Martirosyan in 2 rounds.

Alvarez has been out of the ring for a year (since their initial bout) and served a ban for PEDs which he claimed came from Mexican beef. He does look a lot leaner now & his head is half the size :D

I scored the first bout a draw but I was a bit drunk and I do have too many rounds where I can't seperate fighters. Most thought GGG won a close bout & I have no problem with that. He was the one making the fight but Canelo's defensive work was excellent - although I can't make an argument for him winning. 118-110 to Canelo was just ridiculous. The other two scorecards were ok.

I want Golovkin to win but I just think age will be his toughest opponent. Hopefully there's no controversy.

1 x

Taansend

Re: Golovkin v Canelo II - September 15th

Postby Taansend » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Check out @milesshinkwin’s Tweet:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:18 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Alvarez always gets a six round head on one card every fight. GGG could win by 5 clear rounds and he'd be lucky to escape with a draw -- like last time.

As for close. GGG was the aggressor. He outlanded Alvarez 218 to 169. He landed more punches than Alvarez in all but two rounds and in one of those they landed the same number.
In all meaningful and measurable ways GGG won. It wasn't a draw, it wasn't close enough for a draw to be a reasonable result. It was a robbery. A fix. A straight up scandal.
If there's any justice Golovkin will get the nod no matter how the fight goes.
Can't say I'll bother watching, since the fix is likely to be in again.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:06 pm

GGG this time and they'll be no need for cards, he'll knock him out.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:GGG this time and they'll be no need for cards, he'll knock him out.

I'd like that to happen but he didn't even hurt him last time.

And now Canelo is in his prime while Golovkin eyes 40.

Of course, the flip side is that Canelo has been out for a year and is this time drug free (allegedly). Maybe those punches will sting a bit more this time :D

Of course, the flip to the flip side is that GGG has only fought 4 minutes since the last bout.

I think the slimmer Canelo is going for more speed and angles this fight.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:45 am

WBA and WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin has a cold threat for Canelo Alvarez.

“I want to punish him. I want to have a fight and punish him for all the bad things that he and his team have done, so basically to put them … to size him down and to put him and his team in their place,” the Kazakh said. “Nobody knows how it’s going to end, what’s going to be the result. But nobody is going to congratulate anybody, that’s for sure.”

The Mexican has been hard for Golovkin to pin down. The first fight took too long to happen. Golovkin notes, “Not even five years ago, even two years ago, we couldn’t get them to fight us. They were avoiding the fight every way possible. If you remember, they even gave up one of the belts, the WBC belt, they gave it up, to avoid us.”

When they boxed in September 2017, Golovkin found Alvarez frustrating in the ring. He condemns Canelo for moving too much and not having the toe-to-toe battle the Mexican had promised. “What happened on our last fight, he was really avoiding fighting close to me. I think that’s exactly what happened, but what he’s trying to say right now, it just proves that he’s not keeping his word. He’s trying to deceive people again, and being dishonest. But it doesn’t matter what he said. Let him say whatever he wants,” Golovkin said.

Their first fight ended in a controversial draw and then, further infuriating the Kazakh, their rematch had to be postponed after Alvarez failed a drug test for traces of clenbuterol. Golovkin believes he can finally settle the score on September 15 at the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“We will continue to implement our winning strategy in this fight, as well. As far as judges, we can’t influence the judges. We can only hope that the judges will be more fair, more adequate and more competent than the last time,” Golovkin said.

Gennady Golovkin next fight

“For me personally, although this fight happened at a later stage of my career, this is a most interesting fight. This is a most interesting fight because we have an interesting opponent because we have an interesting situation, and it’s a most important fight in my life right now, and also it’s the most important fight for boxing [as a] sport right now,” he continued.

“My training camp is great. I feel very good. My body, my speed, my power, everything is coming back, I feel like I am 25 years old.”

gennady-golovkin7.jpg
gennady-golovkin7.jpg (320.34 KiB) Viewed 261 times

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/gennady ... o-alvarez/
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Weigh in tonight at 10.30pm UK time.

You can watch it here.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/14/1 ... ults-video
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Final press conference.

I don't know much about PEDs but Alvarez looks like a before & after photo for Weight Watchers :lol:
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Taansend wrote:Check out @milesshinkwin’s Tweet:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a ridiculous change, there is someone in MMA who had the same sort of thing.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:Check out @milesshinkwin’s Tweet:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a ridiculous change, there is someone in MMA who had the same sort of thing.

Just looking at his head is a massive difference. Check out his entrance in the video two posts up.
1 x

Return to “Topical Topics”