Psychology--Numbers Related

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: Psychology--Numbers Related

Postby mkhammer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:50 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Always found it interesting,if that's the right word to use,why people are so Negative bout
Stuff....Fooball...Life in general...
We all get pissed off,even Angry at times,but some people get lost in it,and life becomes a trudge,
for them........don't know if this is Mr Numbers case....might be sat there having a giggle at it
all.....who knows...good luck to him,like I said interesting,not worrying,we're all different.

Take for instance...our new Boss....Happen to disagree with his present approach,team selections
set ups.......couldn't see it more differently,but come Saturday or when ever,I'm shouting and
jumping around for us to win.......my disagreeing with him goes out the window,thats for the
pub after...and on here... :lol:
You have to support the team whatever...be positive.

Just recently we had 2 threads running simultaneously...one was titled Positivity Thread the
other Negativity.....guess which one pissed all over the other for views and replies.... :lol:

But that seems true in life,people seem to react to negative stuff more so than anything positive.
Whether that's Politics,a Famous sports star mouthing off,a Media story,or footie,the negative
will get more response,and coverage.

There's a difference between being negative and disagreeing as well....the difference is
when you disagree you put forward an alternate argument for your case,negativity is
.....Its Shit.......that's it...we're all doomed,and no constructive argument.

There's nothing wrong in disagreeing and a passionate heated discussion,don't really like
using the word argument in this to much,can be perceived to be a row,when your just
discussing something.

Can't beat a good debate...on whatever,especially politics,but the last thing you want is
people agreeing with you...that don't work,in fact the more they see things differently to
you the better,it's the way you learn...listen to other people.....
Then the art is then agreeing to disagree.


Everyone enjoys a good moan, it clears the pipes.
I've always thought there was something deeply wrong with being overtly positive all the time. My mate from Germany was always upbeat, turns out he's been fantasising about suicide and is now receiving psychiatric treatment. :D


Yeah mate agree,but some guys and girls,let it runaway with them,finding a happy balance for
yourself is the key.We all moan and whinge,that's life,but don't let it become a major factor,
in your day to day life,it has a spiral effect.

If something is wrong or your unhappy bout a situation,its way way better to focus on a way
of improving it, than keep on about how shit it is,one can resolve it,one will keep you in it.

But easier said than done at times admittedly,and so many different levels of it,from being
simply unhappy/pissed off, right thru to depression,that's why I'm saying bout the spiral effect.
Always good to talk bout stuff tho...like you say,let of some steam..

Seems possible your mate was Bi-Polar...hard to spot,that's why need to talk about things that
are giving you a problem.....(hope he's getting it sorted)
0 x

User avatar
wokinghama
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Re: Psychology--Numbers Related

Postby wokinghama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 am

The one that’s interesting me at the moment, is Porterman.

Last season he started off, giving reasoned debate with many on here. Whilst I didn’t agree with anything he said, he did put forward a view.

Then throughout the season and into the start of this, he has become a bitter, hating kind of man to a lot on here. If you don’t agree with him he gets personal and abusive. Weird because gonzo and a few others met him and said he was alright. Until I meet him, I believe him to be an arrogant cunt of the highest order - but would buy him a pint and chat to him face to face as I know that things don’t always come across in the way you want to on line, and I would hope that to be the case with the pman.

If I was new on here, I’d think he was another numbers but cleverly disguised, such is his pessimism.

Woo and the clown were once bitter with each other, but these days on the boats I’ve see them holding hands :lol:
1 x
Chim Chimeney

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2481
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: Psychology--Numbers Related

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:03 pm

wokinghama wrote:
Woo and the clown were once bitter with each other, but these days on the boats I’ve see them holding hands :lol:


I knew it. Woo likes to give off that right wing hard man vibe, but deep down his inner lefty is itching to break free. Probably by going on the pride march.
Keep that rainbow flag flying, you old son of a gun.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
OZHAMMER
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 7:41 am
Location: OBERON

Re: Psychology--Numbers Related

Postby OZHAMMER » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:26 am

wokinghama wrote:The one that’s interesting me at the moment, is Porterman.


There’s something not quite right there, that’s for sure.
2 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 6761
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Contact:

Re: Psychology--Numbers Related

Postby Taansend » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm

wokinghama wrote:The one that’s interesting me at the moment, is Porterman.

Last season he started off, giving reasoned debate with many on here. Whilst I didn’t agree with anything he said, he did put forward a view.

Then throughout the season and into the start of this, he has become a bitter, hating kind of man to a lot on here. If you don’t agree with him he gets personal and abusive. Weird because gonzo and a few others met him and said he was alright. Until I meet him, I believe him to be an arrogant cunt of the highest order - but would buy him a pint and chat to him face to face as I know that things don’t always come across in the way you want to on line, and I would hope that to be the case with the pman.

If I was new on here, I’d think he was another numbers but cleverly disguised, such is his pessimism.

Woo and the clown were once bitter with each other, but these days on the boats I’ve see them holding hands :lol:


P-Mizzle is sound, mate. You just need to give him a chance.
1 x


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests