Sandi Toksvig.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Sandi Toksvig.

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Apparently she only gets paid half of what Stephen Fry got for presenting QI.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... tephen-fry
To me that seems unfair on Fry since he's about 1000 times more talented.
But of course this is about the (fictional) gender pay gap, rather than anything as nebulous and subjective as talent, popularity and how good these fucking celebrities agents are.
3 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Re: Sandi Toksvig.

Postby Noni » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:16 pm

To be honest, I don't mind her at all, though at certain occasions can be quite annoying. Stephen Fry has lots of talents including being an actor, so this pay award in my opinion is just awarded and justified. Sandi Toksvig has not been an actress or has other talents, other then being a comedian, being gay!! :D hosting shows and being part of a show.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:28 am

That's terrible, but in fairness I think she has a big cock.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:26 am

I would.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:21 am

Sounds like how a Scandinavian woman would describe her Jack & Danny after she's been swimming in the ocean.

"I better go and shower. I have a sandy tosvig"
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Put simply I'd imagine Fry has a far larger following so brings more viewers with him.

I'm sure the show has a core loyal audience but a good few will tune in to watch Fry.
2 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Gonzo wrote:Put simply I'd imagine Fry has a far larger following so brings more viewers with him.

I'm sure the show has a core loyal audience but a good few will tune in to watch Fry.

Spot on Gonzo and that`s why he is paid more.
1 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:36 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Put simply I'd imagine Fry has a far larger following so brings more viewers with him.

Right. This whole pay gap thing eliminates the fact that people's value is defined by the demand for them. I would imagine Stephen Fry is a first choice and Sandi Toskvig is not.

I also think that you pay people what you can get away with. If she didnt like it, don't accept the contract and whine, there are plenty of others that will.
1 x

hd1

Postby hd1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 am

h69 wrote:Right. This whole pay gap thing eliminates the fact that people's value is defined by the demand for them. I would imagine Stephen Fry is a first choice and Sandi Toskvig is not.

I also think that you pay people what you can get away with. If she didnt like it, don't accept the contract and whine, there are plenty of others that will.

Exactly, in the real world you a paid what you are worth, not what someone else doing a similar role is paid.

If they had used a male comedian to host the show instead of her, they wouldn't have been paid what Stephen Fry was either.
1 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:59 am

h69 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Right. This whole pay gap thing eliminates the fact that people's value is defined by the demand for them. I would imagine Stephen Fry is a first choice and Sandi Toskvig is not.

The BBC love this kind of stuff,women paid the same has men at a Football club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45454977

The men's games massive wages is because that`s the market.The TV companies,Sponsorship's pump millions of pounds in so they can pay the men them wages,where in women's football,they don't.You can`t pay women the same, has their game generates a drop in the ocean in comparison.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”