DFLA March: October 13th 2018

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
whu

DFLA March: October 13th 2018

Postby whu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 pm

0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Neville Bartos

Re: DFLA March: October 13th 2018

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am

I see this went well. Irrespective of intentions these kinds of organisations always fall victim to infiltration from extremists and troublemakers.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Lying old bill on the march

0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:Lying old bill on the march

'I think they're the EDL'. Sounds more like he doesn't know what he's talking about than outright lying.
Still, we know the old bill are corrupt and dodgy as fuck when it comes to any kind of large scale protest or march. At least this one didn't hide behind a mask and beat random people to death.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Dicksies Diner wrote:Lying old bill on the march

'I think they're the EDL'. Sounds more like he doesn't know what he's talking about than outright lying.
Still, we know the old bill are corrupt and dodgy as fuck when it comes to any kind of large scale protest or march. At least this one didn't hide behind a mask and beat random people to death.

Well he may have been asleep during the breifing.
Any mostly white working class football fans on a march will be tagged by EDL nonsense.

I wouldn't say some on the march were not EDL, but it's a tag football fans don't deserve and the police MSM love to label people with this.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 pm

Think I know what side he’s bread is buttered on.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Well he may have been asleep during the breifing.
Any mostly white working class football fans on a march will be tagged by EDL nonsense.

I wouldn't say some on the march were not EDL, but it's a tag football fans don't deserve and the police MSM love to label people with this.

To be fair, even if only a small percentage were causing trouble, or being overtly racist, everyone was going to get tarred with that brush. The press thrive on sensationalism and couldn't give a monkeys if they have to paint a distorted picture to achieve it.

That said there's a difference between marching in support of the victims of terror, and the somewhat more nebulous marching against 'returning jihadists', and that old EDL chestnut 'Sharia law'.
0 x

papawhisky

Postby papawhisky » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm

For me this correlates to the 'take the knee' crap in the NFL. My problem with that whole scenario is that players are doing it whilst in uniform at work. They should be representing their employer, not using their employer's platform to promote their own individual idealogy. However they should be free to demonstrate and support their views as they wish in their spare time.

Same applies here, if the guy wants to march, go for it. Not work related, he is clearly not representing WHFC so what's the problem?
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm

papawhisky wrote:For me this correlates to the 'take the knee' crap in the NFL. My problem with that whole scenario is that players are doing it whilst in uniform at work. They should be representing their employer, not using their employer's platform to promote their own individual idealogy. However they should be free to demonstrate and support their views as they wish in their spare time.

Same applies here, if the guy wants to march, go for it. Not work related, he is clearly not representing WHFC so what's the problem?

As long as he's anonymous that's fine, but the argument would be that once it's known who he works for it reflects on his employer.
Add in the factors that (rightly or wrongly) the DFLA are seen as 'far right' and 'racist', and that football has had huge problems with racism through the decades. And the club really isn't left with much room to maneuver here.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Old Bill can't win can they.......get called Fascist pigs during riots..etc, and the PC marching brigade,
then get dug out as Lefty sympathisers, plus other stuff....in marches like the other day..
Who'd be a Copper....Tough Job..

Usually on the Old Bills side.....seen some Bastards...also seen plenty of great ones,they're just
a reflection on life...Good and Bad,mostly good..

But a definite fuck up this time.....from what I've seen,the proposed route wasn't cleared,
the "Anti Nazi"lot call em what you will,the ones that wear black and cover their faces... ;)
were allowed to interfere and block the route.....Deliberate or not...up for debate...but
a fuck up nonetheless,could have been a lot worse if the staunch right guys were around
in force..

Trouble is sometimes it's the General Beat Coppers take all the shit from the "fuck ups" from
those at the top.... :? Told what to do and you have to do it ...like it or not.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”