Mass Shootings

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Вест Хам

Mass Shootings

Post by Вест Хам » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Ya boy is an American so im pretty accustomed to a mass shooting every week, but how often does it happen in the UK or England, specifically. And what is the public feeling when/if one does happen.

I think of a mass shooting as shooting that has more than 3 fatalities, and does not include terrorism or gang violence, for reference.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: Mass Shootings

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Вест Хам wrote:Ya boy is an American so im pretty accustomed to a mass shooting every week, but how often does it happen in the UK or England, specifically. And what is the public feeling when/if one does happen.

I think of a mass shooting as shooting that has more than 3 fatalities, and does not include terrorism or gang violence, for reference.
Mate, even terrorists can't get hold of shooters over here. As far as I'm aware virtually all gun violence is criminal/gang related.
Plus universal health care means lots of our nutters are sectioned.

Firearms related homicides per 100,000 population: UK 0.06, US 3.43.
So you're about 55 times more likely to be shot to death is the US. Land of the Free.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Вест Хам wrote:Ya boy is an American so im pretty accustomed to a mass shooting every week, but how often does it happen in the UK or England, specifically. And what is the public feeling when/if one does happen.

Mate, even terrorists can't get hold of shooters over here. As far as I'm aware virtually all gun violence is criminal/gang related.
Plus universal health care means lots of our nutters are sectioned.

Firearms related homicides per 100,000 population: UK 0.06, US 3.43.
So you're about 55 times more likely to be shot to death is the US. Land of the Free.
You're also 4 times more likely to commit suicide if there's a gun in the house. Quick & easy.
0 x

Вест Хам

Post by Вест Хам » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:26 am

USA strikes again :(
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 am

Only similar incident ever had in UK,was a Place called Dunblane in Scotland,must be over 10
years ago now....(quick google... 96)
A Guy walks into a school and shot and killed 16 5/6 year old kids and a teacher..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a feeling of disbelieve.....how does a person get to a point where they feel they have
a right or are justified to do something like that....

This goes beyond evil....beyond hatred even....cos the persons mind must be totally Screwed..
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:32 pm

mkhammer wrote:

Only similar incident ever had in UK,was a Place called Dunblane in Scotland,must be over 10
A Guy walks into a school and shot and killed 16 5/6 year old kids and a teacher..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael Ryan went nuts in Hungerford in '87 killing 16 (and himself) armed with 2 semi-automatic assault rifles which later led to the banning of them and 3+ shot, shotguns -strangely though he was also carrying a Baretta semi auto pistol which weren't banned until the Dunblane tragedy. Only other one I can think of was that nutter in Cumbria who killed 12 (and himself) people and injured 11 with a shotgun and a bolt action rifle back in 2010.

I used to belong to a gun club and really enjoyed competition shooting but I'm also a strong advocate of strict gun control laws...Not necessarily for specific weapons but most certainly for the type of person who could gain access to any kind of firearm.

A firearm is no more dangerous to the public well being than a car in most cases, sadly it's who's behind the trigger/steering wheel that's the problem. Gun control here in the UK works for the most part pretty well purely because access to guns has always been historically pretty tight, however because of the sheer number of firearms available in the US (both legally and illegally) - tightening gun legislation would most certainly be an act of complete futility. Gun spree killings will be an American problem all the time the 2nd amendment exists and lets be honest, when you live in a country that has 120 firearms for every 100 citizens, that amendment is never likely to change.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Thomas Hamilton who did the Dunblane Massacre was about to be exposed as a paedo. Probably the main reason why he did what he did.

Scottish tennis sensation Andy Murray went to the school.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:50 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Michael Ryan went nuts in Hungerford in '87 killing 16 (and himself) armed with 2 semi-automatic assault rifles which later led to the banning of them and 3+ shot, shotguns -strangely though he was also carrying a Baretta semi auto pistol which weren't banned until the Dunblane tragedy. Only other one I can think of was that nutter in Cumbria who killed 12 (and himself) people and injured 11 with a shotgun and a bolt action rifle back in 2010.

I used to belong to a gun club and really enjoyed competition shooting but I'm also a strong advocate of strict gun control laws...Not necessarily for specific weapons but most certainly for the type of person who could gain access to any kind of firearm.

A firearm is no more dangerous to the public well being than a car in most cases, sadly it's who's behind the trigger/steering wheel that's the problem. Gun control here in the UK works for the most part pretty well purely because access to guns has always been historically pretty tight, however because of the sheer number of firearms available in the US (both legally and illegally) - tightening gun legislation would most certainly be an act of complete futility. Gun spree killings will be an American problem all the time the 2nd amendment exists and lets be honest, when you live in a country that has 120 firearms for every 100 citizens, that amendment is never likely to change.
Yeah Remember another one while back,premeditated then went off on one,Ralph Moat,
Doorman/bouncer type bloke,shot ex and new boyfriend,then shot a Copper sat in his car,
blinded him (Later took his own life)

Remember a stand off with Police in some woods,and Paul Gascoigne turns up with a fishing rod
and some booze,to try and talk him round.. :lol: reckoned he knew him from the doors and could
help.....fair enough,kind hearted gesture...meant well..think he was coked up tho...

Moat shot himself in the end.

More of a Cultural thing in the states....only a 100 or so years ago was the Norm to carry a
sidearm and have a rifle......they should introduce stricter laws on it,but to be honest
don't think it would make a lot of difference...if someone wants to do something that's
premeditated,which most of the shootings are,they will find a way to it...
Even over here,you really want a gun....you'll get one,someone that knows someone who
knows someone..
Like you say there's so many guns of all sorts in the states,would take a lifetime to get
it under control like us.....but you gotta start somewhere.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:46 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

...Gun spree killings will be an American problem all the time the 2nd amendment exists and lets be honest, when you live in a country that has 120 firearms for every 100 citizens, that amendment is never likely to change.
TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE. The Thousand Oaks killings was the 295th mass shooting recorded in the US this year. The NRA and 2nd Amendment loyalists have blood on their hands but are far to cowardly to ever admit it. The US Govt HAS to do something, but of course they won't. Money and power talks.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Australia had a mass shooting - banned firearms for all
UK - HUNGERFORD -banned firearms for all

However, In the US, if your hunting rabbits, well, without an automatic weapon, it's kill or be fucking killed
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Social Media