Mass Shootings

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Вест Хам

Mass Shootings

Postby Вест Хам » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Ya boy is an American so im pretty accustomed to a mass shooting every week, but how often does it happen in the UK or England, specifically. And what is the public feeling when/if one does happen.

I think of a mass shooting as shooting that has more than 3 fatalities, and does not include terrorism or gang violence, for reference.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: Mass Shootings

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Вест Хам wrote:Ya boy is an American so im pretty accustomed to a mass shooting every week, but how often does it happen in the UK or England, specifically. And what is the public feeling when/if one does happen.

I think of a mass shooting as shooting that has more than 3 fatalities, and does not include terrorism or gang violence, for reference.

Mate, even terrorists can't get hold of shooters over here. As far as I'm aware virtually all gun violence is criminal/gang related.
Plus universal health care means lots of our nutters are sectioned.

Firearms related homicides per 100,000 population: UK 0.06, US 3.43.
So you're about 55 times more likely to be shot to death is the US. Land of the Free.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Taansend

Re: Mass Shootings

Postby Taansend » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Вест Хам wrote:Ya boy is an American so im pretty accustomed to a mass shooting every week, but how often does it happen in the UK or England, specifically. And what is the public feeling when/if one does happen.

Mate, even terrorists can't get hold of shooters over here. As far as I'm aware virtually all gun violence is criminal/gang related.
Plus universal health care means lots of our nutters are sectioned.

Firearms related homicides per 100,000 population: UK 0.06, US 3.43.
So you're about 55 times more likely to be shot to death is the US. Land of the Free.

You're also 4 times more likely to commit suicide if there's a gun in the house. Quick & easy.
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”