Boxing Til The End Of The Year

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
dagenhamdave

Re: Boxing Til The End Of The Year

Post by dagenhamdave » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:53 am

Fury had that on points, and the British Judge gave the draw, cunt.
2 x

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:04 am

Can't understand how that was a draw! More importantly how the hell did Tyson get up from the second knockdown and then really hurt Wilder 15 seconds later! Shows the value of staying on the floor as long as possible to allow the senses to recover. Wilder looked absolutely out on his feet at the end.

What a great fight!!
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 am

Did Fury's fans steal the lead off the stadium roof ?
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 am

Gutted I missed hit.
Thought about subscribing but decided against it as we've a busy day today and Sod's law would've run the show had I subscribed and the fight would've ended after 30 seconds.

Any URLs for a full re-run of he fight most appreciated :)
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:29 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 am
Did Fury's fans steal the lead off the stadium roof ?
The expression "raising the roof"should not be taken literally,pale...
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:40 pm

The result may have been wrong but that was the return of big-time heavyweight boxing.

I loved every minute of that and the contrast between the brawler and boxer was excellent. Wonderful entertainment
2 x

wokinghama

Post by wokinghama » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:40 pm
The result may have been wrong but that was the return of big-time heavyweight boxing.

I loved every minute of that and the contrast between the brawler and boxer was excellent. Wonderful entertainment
Hope you’re well Kris.

Can’t wait to see it at some point, couldn’t find anywhere to watch it and the hotel bar shut at 2:30.

I did call the draw at 25-1 8-) :lol:
0 x
Chim Chimeney

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:42 pm

wokinghama wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:33 pm
Gonzo wrote:

Hope you’re well Kris.

Can’t wait to see it at some point, couldn’t find anywhere to watch it and the hotel bar shut at 2:30.

I did call the draw at 25-1 8-) :lol:
You backed the draw at 25-1? :lol:

I'm well thanks old chap. Might be having a night on the razzle in Sandhurst with a couple of mates before Christmas if you fancy it?
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Gonzo wrote:

This was my first ever fight I've watched with Tyson Fury and what an entertainer he is. :D Was quite a thrilling match throughout and could of been one of the best heavy weight matches I've seen ever. His remarkable comeback after being knocked down was quite impressive and I loved his head bobbing!!! :lol:

I find most heavy weight matches produce a slow jabbing technic until they slow their opponent down. ZZZ :|

From all the facts I've read so far, this match with Wilder was brought in 6 month too early for Tyson Fury and I think with more training he would easily lose a few more pounds and strengthen his mussel tone. Certainly Tyson will be favourite for that one.
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:13 am

Noni wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 pm
Gonzo wrote:

This was my first ever fight I've watched with Tyson Fury and what an entertainer he is. :D Was quite a thrilling match throughout and could of been one of the best heavy weight matches I've seen ever. His remarkable comeback after being knocked down was quite impressive and I loved his head bobbing!!! :lol:

I find most heavy weight matches produce a slow jabbing technic until they slow their opponent down. ZZZ :|

From all the facts I've read so far, this match with Wilder was brought in 6 month too early for Tyson Fury and I think with more training he would easily lose a few more pounds and strengthen his mussel tone. Certainly Tyson will be favourite for that one.
Undoubtedly Fury would be sharper next time and his inexperienced trainer will also benefit from the experience of the occasion and working with Freddie Roach.

I also think Wilder will learn too though, Fury was the best fighter he's faced by a distance and I wonder if he'll throw a few more combinations next time?

I do believe Wilder took the fight because he believed it was too early for Fury and thought it would be easier. I'm sure he thought that the weight loss would be a big issue (as did I) and was probably very confident. There is no way that he'd be as confident if they faced each other again because he hit Fury with his best shots and didn't win.

There was quite a telling moment at the end of the fight. Fury ran over to the ropes and climbed them to celebrate with his corner but Team Wilder were far more uncertain about the result. Bizarrely it was Wilder who probably wanted the fight to end despite scoring such a devastating knock-down in the last round.

It was great for boxing though and the draw may well be the best thing for the division because had Fury won I could see the fight with AJ not happening. Barry Hearn has already made it clear on Talk sport that a 50/50 or anything close would never happen so I'd expect an offer of 25/75 made to Wank Farren. Obviously that would never be accepted so we'd probably be served-up Joshua v Whyte 2 whist an unmotivated Fury fought Dominic Brazeale.

The draw gives us Fury v Wilder 2 and all the build-up that goes with it and don't believe the hype that AJ is the only heavyweight who can fill Wembley. This rematch would sell out in an hour but it might happen in Vegas because the US networks seem to be fawning over Fury in their post match coverage.

It's taken the big fight out of Hearns hands and that can't be a bad thing because after this there won't be much appetite for AJ v Chisora if the public believe they are being sold a pup.

The division is alive again though and it reminded me a bit of the Bowe, Hollyfield & Lewis era where things were very exciting. Bowe had lost to Lewis in the Olympics and chucked his belt in the bin rather than face Lewis again but had epic contests with Hollyfield.

I think Fury comes out with a ton of credit and Wilder will have gained some fans too, he's a massive puncher who people will love to watch. The press conferences are decent too and the division needed a bit of character following the era of Wladimir Klitschko. . . Clearly a very nice fella but boring as fuck in terms of fighting and personality.

Both Wilder and Fury will kick back and enjoy Christmas safe in the knowledge that their reputations have grown and they have another mega fight lined-up.

There are three world class giants in the division now all of whom have different styles and there is a real opportunity for them all to fight each other. The pressure is all on AJ and Hearn now, people have had a taste of big-time heavyweight boxing again and they won't want to pay £20 ppv to watch Joshua get spoon fed a journeyman. He's going to have to choose between bean counting and/or helping to be involved in what could be a bit of a classic heavyweight era.

AJ v Fury, Wilder v AJ & Fury v Wilder a couple of times each just sounds bloody mouth watering.
1 x

Social Media