WTF

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
jameskel

Re: WTF

Postby jameskel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Bad taste it is, but no worse than a Ricky Gervais or Frankie Boyle joke. Cunts they are, but not chargeable cunts
1 x
Taans can fuck right off

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:59 am

Here's a scenario.

In 1989 the Marchioness sank in the Thames killing 51 people. It was a party pleasure cruiser. The dead were pretty much exclusively white rich kids.

Grenfell killed 72 people. Most of them from an ethnic minority.

Now, had the Marchioness disaster been a recent event and facebook footage shown members of an ethnic minority with equally poor taste sinking a toy boat in a pond with effigies of white people on it, would the old bill be scrawling through the law looking for ways to charge them ?

And I have to choose my words very carefully as on this very forum there are those who get upset easily.

Or is it a question of the numbers ? 21 less rich and white than Grenfell so although it's not right we let it go ?

We've become a snowflake generation afraid about upsetting minorities.

And talking about numbers, I heard something on BBC 5 Live yesterday about what constitutes hate guidelines. I haven't thoroughly checked but it sounds about right in this day and age.

In a private property, telling a sick joke to less than 10 people is not a crime. Add one and it could be.

So I'm pissed-up and holding court at a party. Maybe telling a joke that would offend some people. There are 9 of my friends around me. Not that I would of course.

'So two Muslim women are sitting in a cafe in Baghdad. One of them shows a photo of her son to the other. This is Abdul she says. He was 21 and died when his IED exploded prematurely. He martyred himself and I will forever love him.

She shows another photo. And this is Mohammed. He was 18 and was killed by an infidel drone-strike in Kandahar. He will be in my heart for eternity'

'Ah children' says the other woman. 'They..........

At that point my mate Andy walks over.

Sorry. Can't finish the joke, I could now be breaking the law.

My point is that it's become fucking ridiculous. How many man hours have the police spent on this, and we know they're grossly under-staffed thanks to that shitcunt May. While serious crimes go un-investigated.

Madness. Utter madness.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 am

mkhammer wrote:like I said ,there's jokes about this sorta stuff,always has been,always will be,part of life...
ignore the person, treat them as a dickhead and forget,if it's not for you...I Get it..

But there's a difference here,this is a pre-planned organised event,by a collection of "People"
having a party to celebrate....not Bonfire night,but fellow Londoners being burnt to death.

If we have to allow this sort of thing,because we need to defend our "freedom of speech" rights
then I think as a Country, a Modern Understanding Society.....we have to have a little think
about what it actually means......Everything is not FREE....you have to at some point be
culpable and responsible for your actions.....
And not get away with such shit,because......"It's only a joke mate"....

But no worries,they've been released,they can can crack on with their lives,despite trampling
over other peoples memories of loved ones....after all its a "Free Country"

Anyway we're spose to advance as a society,not go backwards.

Sorry, but I couldn't possibly disagree more mate.

What exactly would the law be that would make what they did illegal?
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am

At first I thought that was the Tardis and reckoned they had there proportions wrong.
Turns out it was a wicked cultural effigy. Disgusting,moronic and wholly unsavoury.

Fifteen years ago,people could barely send sms messages to each other, using phones...now they can watch video,make video and distribute any content to any platform. That genie is out the box.

I would imagine existing laws, probably cover offenses judged to be grossly intended to cause offense/distress.
So a fine of £100 and a metaphorical public kick in the bollocks should suffice. We don't need to invent any other category of penalty to adequately respond.

They are cunts though,we can't take that away from them.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 am

Pennywise wrote:
mkhammer wrote:like I said ,there's jokes about this sorta stuff,always has been,always will be,part of life...
ignore the person, treat them as a dickhead and forget,if it's not for you...I Get it..

But there's a difference here,this is a pre-planned organised event,by a collection of "People"
having a party to celebrate....not Bonfire night,but fellow Londoners being burnt to death.

If we have to allow this sort of thing,because we need to defend our "freedom of speech" rights
then I think as a Country, a Modern Understanding Society.....we have to have a little think
about what it actually means......Everything is not FREE....you have to at some point be
culpable and responsible for your actions.....
And not get away with such shit,because......"It's only a joke mate"....

But no worries,they've been released,they can can crack on with their lives,despite trampling
over other peoples memories of loved ones....after all its a "Free Country"

Anyway we're spose to advance as a society,not go backwards.

Sorry, but I couldn't possibly disagree more mate.

What exactly would the law be that would make what they did illegal?

What I'm getting at Penny is,just because we don't at the moment have the statute in place to
say this is illegal...you've broken this law or that law..

(Tho to me it's bordering on a hate crime) it's wrong that as a society we say its OK to
Hold a party in celebration of an event like this....to party up,have a laugh,get pissed on
the back of people burning to death..
It's just Bloody wrong....It's not "just a laugh"....it's a huge part of what is wrong in our society
at the moment a total lack of respect/tolerance of other people...that's just as important as
free speech,so that has to be defended as well.
I absolutely understand the "freedom of speech" we have in the UK,one of the things I'm most
proud of bout us and will always defend it,but like everything in life...everything,there's lines
you don't cross if you want to be treated as a civilised human being.

Legally,maybe,would be looking at,if they said some of the stuff directly to a persons face
that had lost a member of their family.....good chance,very good chance that could be treated
as racist hate crime,as it was broadcast for public viewing,the Grenfell sufferers get to see it...
so there's a poss avenue there.
Can't do it tho,as if lost case in court....would be a fuckin free for all, the nasty shits of our Country
such as these "People"...to do as they please and we're already way to lenient with this stuff.

You need to be answerable for your actions,there can't be a no limits,anything goes attitude,
it's just getting out of order and abused now...Unfortunately people like this will eventually
lead to our laws and statutes being reviewed,as I agree now they have to be.

Need to find a route that avoids the courts,I agree.....but they need to be named and shamed
I Certainly wouldn't want to employ someone that laughs at burning children....
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am

palerider wrote:Here's a scenario.

In 1989 the Marchioness sank in the Thames killing 51 people. It was a party pleasure cruiser. The dead were pretty much exclusively white rich kids.

Now, had the Marchioness disaster been a recent event and facebook footage shown members of an ethnic minority with equally poor taste sinking a toy boat in a pond with effigies of white people on it, would the old bill be scrawling through the law looking for ways to charge them ?

And I have to choose my words very carefully as on this very forum there are those who get upset easily.

Or is it a question of the numbers ? 21 less rich and white than Grenfell so although it's not right we let it go ?

And talking about numbers, I heard something on BBC 5 Live yesterday about what constitutes hate guidelines. I haven't thoroughly checked but it sounds about right in this day and age.

In a private property, telling a sick joke to less than 10 people is not a crime. Add one and it could be.

So I'm pissed-up and holding court at a party. Maybe telling a joke that would offend some people. There are 9 of my friends around me. Not that I would of course.

'So two Muslim women are sitting in a cafe in Baghdad. One of them shows a photo of her son to the other. This is Abdul she says. He was 21 and died when his IED exploded prematurely. He martyred himself and I will forever love him.

She shows another photo. And this is Mohammed. He was 18 and was killed by an infidel drone-strike in Kandahar. He will be in my heart for eternity'

My point is that it's become fucking ridiculous. How many man hours have the police spent on this, and we know they're grossly under-staffed thanks to that shitcunt May. While serious crimes go un-investigated.

Madness. Utter madness.

Your last sentence but one is spot on.

They`d rather spend money on these idiotic morons,that try and catch burglers who know they can basically get away with it this day and age.Then there is the knife crime especially London.It`s seems to be more dangerous there,than anywhere in the world?Disgusting

The police SHOULD be able to Stop and Search,but because of the PC Brigade and lack of funds(which should never be,being one of the richest countries in the world),they don`t,but that is another subject.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am

palerider wrote:Here's a scenario.

Madness. Utter madness.

I think sometimes Pale,we have to forget the racist card,TBH I don't know,and wouldn't say this was
particularly racist.....but you would have to drag that up as way of a prosecution unfortunately..
but that's our law at the moment....it has to be "Racist".....say what the fuck you want to someone
of same colour/background....say the exact same thing to someone of different colour..
Bam,you're in court,it needs looking at,but it wont be.

TBH again,I just saw it as fellow,what I presume to be Londoners Laughing at fellow Londoners,
it's just the way I saw it initially....no black/white...racist thing at all,there might have been
guys from an ethnic background at the party...who knows....that's not were we should be
coming from on this...it's fellow human beings being allowed to ridicule and make fun of
fellow humans unimaginable sufferings.....and as a Society we all go ....yeah that's cool
no worries...crack on.

Think the Old Bill would rather this "Go away" mate......less there's pressure from above,to
use it as a way to change our constitution,but doubt it...

I just think you shouldn't just be allowed to get away with stuff like this.....like all you guys,
seen a ton of shit stuff....but this...it's just to much,I like to think if it's got me riled,then
it's crossed the line,from free speech...
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 am

Forget the fact that there may not be a specific law to cover this.

It couldn't be ignored..a crowd of people to all intents and purposes celebrating the deaths of several, mainly non white Londoners.

It offends decency and can only worsen the delicate status quo of race relations.

Much worse than the stereotype gags,the banning of which may be considered over the top by most of us.

As BD says,give these people a short sharp kick.
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 am

https://www.rt.com/uk/406467-hate-crime ... troll/amp/
Police should deal with real crime, not online attention seeking and trolling. Have the misfortune in London to get burgled you won't see a copper! That's a fact, through experience.
1 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Marco Boogers Boots

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:29 am

I personally think the people that did this are cunts. But it's not illegal and it shouldn't be.

"I'm offended by what you've just said / done".

People actually think that fucking means anything. You're the one that is offended, the offense belongs to you. You do something about it!

I will say this - these people do this = absolute fucking outrage on social media, people want them jailed or worse.

Several young kids are stabbed to death, not really a huge reaction. A sad indictment of the times.
1 x

Return to “Topical Topics”