WTF

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 32
x 34

Re: WTF

Post by mkhammer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:11 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:05 pm
Do some of you guys think then that there should be absolutely no limits to what is said/done in
Public or private, long as you say...it's classified as a "Joke"

And I mean NO LIMITS...you should be able to do and say exactly what you want, when you want
and not be responsible for the outcome or other peoples feelings...

Not being argumentative here...just interested....
There needs to be an example here, but in general terms, yes.

Just to put things in perspective, we have kids being knifed everyday, burglaries happening with no police even bothering to turn up and we're talking about having them arrest people for a fucking joke.

The world really is going mental.

Don't want people being arrested,because they've done something they feel is funny,and someone
goes ...no it's not...and bang your in jail...thats wrong.

I'm just getting at a social awareness....a lack of respect,that's gaining pace in society...
think it's cos we can all get away with shit on social media stuff,some are taking it a stage further,
like I said before,if they had had their party in the grounds of Grenfell..is that OK.

I've seen heard,stuff similar.....just shook me head and gone arseholes,and carried on,and
pretty much forgot about it.....but for some reason this has made me look and think again.
I find it disgusting and sick and i was fuckin shocked....laughing at children being burnt to
death...
I'm sorry but people that find that "Funny" need to have a serious look at themselves,take a time
out maybe and reset..


That's why I said about the Limits.....that's mine crossed,and freely admit if I had lost someone
at Grenfell......these people would not be partying for a while.....and I think most people
would feel the same.
Do I have to accept I live in a place where anything goes,or is there a point when you can say,
That's not right...it's unacceptable..
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 83
x 72

Re: WTF

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:18 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

That's why I said about the Limits.....that's mine crossed,and freely admit if I had lost someone
at Grenfell......these people would not be partying for a while.....and I think most people
would feel the same.
Do I have to accept I live in a place where anything goes,or is there a point when you can say,
That's not right...it's unacceptable..
So you are you saying stuff that's socially unacceptable to 'some people' should be illegal?
What about blasphemy? Surely there's vast swathes of the public who believe something like The Life of Brian is 'not right' and is 'unacceptable'. Where does it all end? Stasi? Gestapo? Thought Police?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 9551
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 42
x 17

Re: WTF

Post by Newmarket » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:32 am

Ffs .



Joyce will be rolling in her grave .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 32
x 34

Re: WTF

Post by mkhammer » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:18 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

That's why I said about the Limits.....that's mine crossed,and freely admit if I had lost someone
at Grenfell......these people would not be partying for a while.....and I think most people
would feel the same.
Do I have to accept I live in a place where anything goes,or is there a point when you can say,
That's not right...it's unacceptable..
So you are you saying stuff that's socially unacceptable to 'some people' should be illegal?
What about blasphemy? Surely there's vast swathes of the public who believe something like The Life of Brian is 'not right' and is 'unacceptable'. Where does it all end? Stasi? Gestapo? Thought Police?


No Nev your not getting what I'm saying....I Keep stating I don't want it criminalised,where
would you draw the line...your right...

What gets me is as a Society...we have to go....Oh Thats OK....it's only a joke....
When people laugh at children being burnt to death..

I want people to look up and say...NO that's wrong...

It's not about laws,it's about being a decent human being...these people aren't,and I'm failing
to get people defending it..

It's just fuckin WRONG.....Simple.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 83
x 72

Re: WTF

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:27 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:18 pm


So you are you saying stuff that's socially unacceptable to 'some people' should be illegal?
What about blasphemy? Surely there's vast swathes of the public who believe something like The Life of Brian is 'not right' and is 'unacceptable'. Where does it all end? Stasi? Gestapo? Thought Police?


No Nev your not getting what I'm saying....I Keep stating I don't want it criminalised,where
would you draw the line...your right...

What gets me is as a Society...we have to go....Oh Thats OK....it's only a joke....
When people laugh at children being burnt to death..

I want people to look up and say...NO that's wrong...

It's not about laws,it's about being a decent human being...these people aren't,and I'm failing
to get people defending it..

It's just fuckin WRONG.....Simple.
Certain people in society do say it's wrong, but that is purely an opinion.
We live in an age of moral relativism -- which, despite what some religious people think, is no bad thing.
I wasn't offended because I simply do not have all the facts.

It's like that stupid Southampton student union president who tweeted about getting rid of the WWI mural. All the headlines suggested she knew it was a WWI mural -- outrageous, disrespectful -- but once you delve into the facts you realise the silly tart hard no idea what it was. Which puts her firmly in the aforementioned silly tart category. She didn't know, she said something stupid, she found out the hard way, apologised, and resigned. Good for her.

It's a worrying trend. People willing to condemn with no grasp of the facts. Look at the 'I believe her' stuff. A jury found those rugby players not guilty of rape, but social media wasn't happy about it, despite clearly not being privy to the evidence the jury had seen.
So, no, I don't want people to look up and say 'that's wrong', I want people to look up and say 'I should inform myself before forming an opion'... some hope though. :D
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 32
x 34

Re: WTF

Post by mkhammer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:47 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:27 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 am




No Nev your not getting what I'm saying....I Keep stating I don't want it criminalised,where
would you draw the line...your right...

What gets me is as a Society...we have to go....Oh Thats OK....it's only a joke....
When people laugh at children being burnt to death..

I want people to look up and say...NO that's wrong...

It's not about laws,it's about being a decent human being...these people aren't,and I'm failing
to get people defending it..

It's just fuckin WRONG.....Simple.
Certain people in society do say it's wrong, but that is purely an opinion.
We live in an age of moral relativism -- which, despite what some religious people think, is no bad thing.
I wasn't offended because I simply do not have all the facts.

It's like that stupid Southampton student union president who tweeted about getting rid of the WWI mural. All the headlines suggested she knew it was a WWI mural -- outrageous, disrespectful -- but once you delve into the facts you realise the silly tart hard no idea what it was. Which puts her firmly in the aforementioned silly tart category. She didn't know, she said something stupid, she found out the hard way, apologised, and resigned. Good for her.

It's a worrying trend. People willing to condemn with no grasp of the facts. Look at the 'I believe her' stuff. A jury found those rugby players not guilty of rape, but social media wasn't happy about it, despite clearly not being privy to the evidence the jury had seen.
So, no, I don't want people to look up and say 'that's wrong', I want people to look up and say 'I should inform myself before forming an opion'... some hope though. :D

I couldn't agree more with all that mate.....exactly as i see it...
Apart from that you do have the facts on this...

The thing here is, it's Clear Cut.....there's no maybes..ifs...misinterpretations..misunderstandings.
They deliberately put time and effort in...to celebrate what happened,not a passing comment,
to get a laugh....which we prob have all done,stepped outta line a bit.
This is callous,it's cruel beyond believe.

They used what happened for their pleasure....and Fuck anyone else....pocking fun,and telling
an image of a little girl to jump......put yourself in that little girls fathers shoes for a minute.

That was very close to a "Hate Crime" for me,as in the way it was said.

I remember a news reporter,doing a piece to camera,with Black Smoke and fire still coming from
Grenfell,in the background..and there was a guy,obviously a near by resident,bout 25 not a kid,
Dancing,pulling his strides down and mooning to the camera,while 400 yards away people are
still probably dying in the most horrific of circumstances,is that funny and OK.

I'm sorry,but stuff like that Fucks me off.......and I will never ever say it's OK,because we live
in a "Free Society"
0 x

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 10

Re: WTF

Post by jameskel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 pm

But I am guessing, it was between themselves. Only the tool that filmed it, has bought this to light
1 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 83
x 72

Re: WTF

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:28 pm

jameskel wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 pm
But I am guessing, it was between themselves. Only the tool that filmed it, has bought this to light
Exactly, James.

We don't know the context of the joke.
We certainly have idea whether or not it was 'celebrated'.
A hate crime is defined as being motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically involving violence.
So, do we know what motivation was behind the joke? Nope.
Do we know if the people involved are prejudiced in any way that's relevant? No.
Was the joke in any way violent, or carried out in such a way as to encourage violence? No.
So how on Earth is this 'almost' a hate crime?

We don't have all the facts at all. We have a short film bereft of all context and that in no way alludes to the motivations of those involved.
And James is spot on. What those people did in privacy of their own home is no buggers business but theirs. Though that's not accounting for some silly fucker with a phone and Facebollock/Twatter/Cuntstagram account.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply

Social Media