Barcelona

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Taansend

Barcelona

Post by Taansend » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Might be there for 40 hours in April.

Other than having a beautiful horizon, what's there?
0 x

dorsetdano

Re: Barcelona

Post by dorsetdano » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 am

Taansend wrote:Might be there for 40 hours in April.

A big football stadium! kickimmuts
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:01 am

Familia Sagrada, arguably the most magnificent church in the world.

If you like that sort of thing.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am

I agree with Palerider which in itself is a rarity. And as well as being an extraordinary architectural achievement La Sagrada Familia is also the world's longest running construction site. If your 40 hours allows it will be worth taking in a footy match as Barcelona still do play some great stuff and the atmosphere in the stadium is usually good. Lunch somewhere along Las Ramblas followed by a trip to the top of Montjuic Park on the cable car (Parallel nearest metro station, which is on Las Ramblas) and a walk around checking out the skyline is worthwhile. And back to football, if memorabilia, and a little bit of Spanish Civil War history, is your thing the stadium tour is worth taking time out for. Efficient, and cheap, transport system too. Enjoy.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Fucking hell, that's Pale & Whiskey, off my holiday list

Sun, sea, drink and football.

Yet Alan Wicker and Judith Chalmers are advising a Church :D
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm

palerider wrote:Familia Sagrada, arguably the most magnificent church in the world.

If you like that sort of thing.
My Missus does. If anyone lives up to the stereotype of Asians/Orientals and photographs, it's her.

She took over 10,000 on a two week trip to Iceland, England and France last year
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Whiskyman wrote:I agree with Palerider which in itself is a rarity. And as well as being an extraordinary architectural achievement La Sagrada Familia is also the world's longest running construction site. If your 40 hours allows it will be worth taking in a footy match as Barcelona still do play some great stuff and the atmosphere in the stadium is usually good. Lunch somewhere along Las Ramblas followed by a trip to the top of Montjuic Park on the cable car (Parallel nearest metro station, which is on Las Ramblas) and a walk around checking out the skyline is worthwhile. And back to football, if memorabilia, and a little bit of Spanish Civil War history, is your thing the stadium tour is worth taking time out for. Efficient, and cheap, transport system too. Enjoy.
Cheers.

No football. Just beer and photos
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Just back from there a few weeks ago as I work there a fair bit.

Saw Barca v Inter. Spectacular ! and I had a great seat in the second tier up on the Halfway line.

Go to Sagrada Familia as was mentioned earlier and have some tapas around Las Ramblas. Also the beach is a nice walk and in April it should be reasonably warm. A great city to just walk around and soak in the atmosphere.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Take the cable car upto Parc de Montjuic...It's a fantastic view from up there and there is a massive cactus garden so you won't be the only prick on the mountain... shakeass shakeass

https://barcelonando.com/montjuic-olympic-ring" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:14 am

Oziron wrote:

Take the cable car upto Parc de Montjuic...It's a fantastic view from up there and there is a massive cactus garden so you won't be the only prick on the mountain... shakeass shakeass

https://barcelonando.com/montjuic-olympic-ring" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice one
0 x

Social Media