The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:01 am

Apparently old JRM tweeted this...

No deal means no hard border so no need for the backstop.

The man's either a complete fucking idiot or a barefaced liar.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:57 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Said before ...what tipped me was Germanys Stance.....inviting migrants into Europe,not
Germany ..Europe.....they would after a while become EU passport holders with free movement.
( Wanted out anyway...but that made me hard line)Bloody liberty..they need Cheap Labour
so fuck Europe..and their own people....Germanys not a happy place now...

I've addressed this before.
Any migrant arriving in Germany can only apply for citizenship after a period of 6 to 8 years. And only if certain criteria are met is such an application likely to be granted.
The idea that Germany is a backdoor to skirting UK immigration is utter, utter nonsense.

The 2018 World happiness report ranks Germany 15th. The UK was 19th.
Sweden and the Netherlands, overrun as they are by violent gangs of marauding immigrants, are ranked 6th and 9th.

Said after a while...in a previous post on this said it "thought it would be 5/6 years before
eligible to potential full citizenship".....so like it or not we are partly agreeing....
...But you refer to my comment as Utter Nonesense.......
It's the 6-8-10 years down the line that worries me.
If they start picking and choosing who can and can't get full Citezenships...both you and I
know they would have a whole heap of shit coming their way,so the easy way out would be
a light approach...
Who get the nod on who's eligible....Europe/Us...no.... Germany would.
Most would prob have settled and would not want to move on.....it's it not being in our
control that pisses me off.

You can pick reports at random to suit your needs......MPs do it all the time, on all sides...its
a concensus were after..
Happiest places usually Switzerland...New Zealand....Scandinavian countries,hardly good reference
points,to compare us to.....we're still up their with The Major Economies.

Germany has Probs Politicaly...Merkels losing her balance of power..and if you believe what the
Media Etc put out.....a lot of it is because of her immigration policies...

Can't Beleive banging on about politics....Christmas Day.... :lol:
only popped on for a quick 5 Mins......

Have a good Christmas mate .... :D
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:16 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:33 am
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Basically People just wanted control back in our hands again....Agree immigration was the over
riding factor tho....Me Personally I would go 50/50 felt we needed a bit more control over it
...but also the opportunity for a better trading system,Europe Financially has run it's course,gotta
move on and diversify now.....so many other markets.
Guarantee you, France would leave...poss Germany as well if they had public votes...if that
doesn't tell you what "Europe" means to them....

It's just a few...some Unelected Bods...controlling Europes destiny...and it will slowly sink,cos
they have no outlook on the future......If they used their fuckin loafs...potentially we could be
a gateway to World trade for them.....can have their cake and eat it,but they're happy with
their little lot....all the smaller countries sinking,needing bailouts from us and Germany,
France maybe at times that's basically the way it works.

Said before ...what tipped me was Germanys Stance.....inviting migrants into Europe,not
Germany ..Europe.....they would after a while become EU passport holders with free movement.
( Wanted out anyway...but that made me hard line)Bloody liberty..they need Cheap Labour
so fuck Europe..and their own people....Germanys not a happy place now...

This Government/May could have come up with a halfway decent leaving Plan,it still
wouldn't pass Parliament........Labour openly said they would vote against ANY deal,long
before any mention of any Backstops....doesn't matter what May brought back..could be
fuckin utopia, they would vote it down.....tells you all you need to know about them.

Mentioned before the "hard liners" of which I'm one....were sat back quietly,cos Labour
were doing their job for them...by stopping any deal....they were/are stopping any "soft"
deals as well...
These guys are more than happy with a No Deal.....and thanks to Labour...it's getting very close.

We have no idea how other countries would vote so it is ridiculous "guaranteeing" how anyone would vote. Prior to our own vote most people "guaranteed" the vote would be to remain. It wasn't. Proving the so called experts and assorted gobshites, as usual, knew a lot less than they claimed to.

What I will say however is that anyone who is happy with a so called Hard Brexit is several toppings short of a pizza. Whatever one's views on whether we are better off in or out an exit without a deal would be catastrophic. If you don't believe me read what most leaders of industries, very different diversified businesses, are saying. I don't know how you feel Britain could somehow be the "gateway to world trade for them". Europoort in Rotterdam has been that since the unions fucked up our own Port of London many years ago. Facts need to be faced. Britain is no longer a significant world power economically. We have, at the moment, a world class financial sector but I bet you would struggle to name 10 major British owned companies outside that sector.

You are right there are numerous other markets. And, once again, in or out there is absolutely nothing stopping UK companies striking deals with those markets. Of course there is a wider world outside Europe but it does not alter the fact Europe is an important part of our trade.

The "Hard Brexit" thing sounds Hard... :lol: ...I know mate but it's just a way of Saying,I/We want
us to implement things....as to the way I think most people that voted leave wanted....

Just getting back full control....of everything...not just the ones we bang on about...
It's a Leave Means Leave....otherwise don't bother...but we have to bother,cos we voted to leave,
something the Majority of our MPs seem to have a Prob in accepting.

Would have a few Bucks on Germany and France leaving if they had a public vote...but their
politicians won't allow that to happen..

Touched on the Gateway thing......was just an Idea...maybe a Win/Win......
Pisses me off no one thinks positive....it's always cant do this cant do that...

Don't get me started on the Trade Unions mate.think we better leave that alone..... :lol:

Have a good Christmas mate..... :D
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:21 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:16 am
[

The "Hard Brexit" thing sounds Hard... :lol: ...I know mate but it's just a way of Saying,I/We want
us to implement things....as to the way I think most people that voted leave wanted....

Just getting back full control....of everything...not just the ones we bang on about...
It's a Leave Means Leave....otherwise don't bother...but we have to bother,cos we voted to leave,
something the Majority of our MPs seem to have a Prob in accepting.

Positively my last words on the subject. I studied Economics at Uni years ago so I know as well as anyone that the subject is a bloody imprecise science. Economists can simulate a situation to take account of pretty much any given scenario and there is no right or wrong.

But one thing I do know is that I would rather take the word of people who run multi billion pound businesses, in some cases actually built them, over mealy mouthed MPs in thrall to the small handful of his or her constituents who make up his or her constituencies selection committee.

What is absolutely certain however, notwithstanding the argument that if you ask 3 economists the same question you get 4 different answers, is that if the city of London loses any of it's earning capacity to Paris, Frankfurt or Dublin it will be virtually impossible to replace it. Simply because we don't produce anything, apart from financial service excellence, any more. And every time I hear a senior figure in the city speak, and there are more predicting a far worse economic outlook than those predicting a better outcome should a Hard Brexit result, I take far more notice than I do listening to the Fleas-Doggs, Teresa Mays and Jeremy Corbyns of this world.

Because unlike the straw men and women running, or hoping to run, the country our leaders of business have been there, done it and got the T shirt.
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:11 am

Nice to have the politics back up to speed.
-- May on TV trying to sell the same deal everyone said bollocks to last year.
--Johnson suggesting the Brexit closest to the one the British people voted for was a no deal.
-- And, best and most amazing of all, practice traffic jams to simulate what a no deal might look like.

Welcome to a world where parody has become reality.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 am

Sick of the lot of it.

Been a breath of fresh air to not having had it rammed down my throat every 5 minutes over Christmas.

Do a deal with France to return all the illegals, and if they agree hold another referendum.

Then I'd vote Remain.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Getting nowhere fast. May's just been humiliated again after losing a second vote within 24 hours, she's the very definition of a lame duck. Trouble is, the other lot are just as fucking shambolic. A GE is on the cards and that'll end up most likely with a hung parliament and the spectre of yet more dodgy and possibly illegal deals (bribes) bringing us right back to square fucking one - Once said party that 0.53% of the voting population voted for decides to pull the rug out...Again.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:25 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:35 pm
Getting nowhere fast. May's just been humiliated again after losing a second vote within 24 hours, she's the very definition of a lame duck. Trouble is, the other lot are just as fucking shambolic. A GE is on the cards and that'll end up most likely with a hung parliament and the spectre of yet more dodgy and possibly illegal deals (bribes) bringing us right back to square fucking one - Once said party that 0.53% of the voting population voted for decides to pull the rug out...Again.
A hung parliament eh. I'm not sure my interpretation of that is quite what you mean but it does have a kind of macabre appeal.

As you say any credibility the country once had has long since disappeared down the proverbial flusher. Piss ups and breweries come readily to mind.
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:20 pm

The big night .

May’s brexit “deal” is 1/100 to be thrown out with more than 60% of Tory MP’s expected to vote against it .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

What's Brexit ?

Never heard of it.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

Social Media