The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Marco Boogers Boots

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Marco Boogers Boots » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 am

Bercow's ruling means that May can't have her deal voted on again during this parliamentary session, which is due to end in July.

Rees-Mogg is suggesting that May could ask the Queen to prorogue (effectively suspend) this parliament, before immediately starting a new parliamentary session, meaning the WA could be voted on without significant changes. This would be the first time in living memory this would have happened but Bercow has apparently confirmed that it would be legal to do so.

It gets more fucking barking by the minute.
2 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:09 pm
I see that pompous arse John Bercow, the Mike Dean of politics, has waded in.

No more 'meaningful votes' in this parliamentary term which runs until July, unless Mother Theresa comes up with something a lot different.

So either she does, highly unlikely, or this drags on now for at least four months although crashing out with no deal is still not out of the question.
No fan of Bercow, but thank fuck for that. Two of the biggest defeats in government history and that silly old bat would've just ground it out, 3 votes, 4 votes.
I know a lot of people don't want a second referendum, but why not give us 3 Brexit alternatives, No deal, May's deal and Norway +, and let us vote on those? At least those dithering, useless tossers in parliament would have a bit of guidance then.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:30 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 am
palerider wrote:

No more 'meaningful votes' in this parliamentary term which runs until July, unless Mother Theresa comes up with something a lot different.

So either she does, highly unlikely, or this drags on now for at least four months although crashing out with no deal is still not out of the question.
No fan of Bercow, but thank fuck for that. Two of the biggest defeats in government history and that silly old bat would've just ground it out, 3 votes, 4 votes.
I know a lot of people don't want a second referendum, but why not give us 3 Brexit alternatives, No deal, May's deal and Norway +, and let us vote on those? At least those dithering, useless tossers in parliament would have a bit of guidance then.
The more I read about him, the more of an odious little cunt he appears, with his own remain agenda. He wants to scupper Brexit altogether.

Your suggestion is sound. Have you considered a career in politics ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:30 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
palerider wrote:

Sounds like the fairest option to me.

A lot of people don't want a second referendum because they fear a carve-up on the ballot paper (One choice to remain and two to leave thus splitting the vote).

Your suggestion honours the original result.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:36 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
palerider wrote:

To me mate thats the kinda thing that should be put to "Parliament" now...a clear cut on HOW
we leave....the Norway thing tho is not leaving.....will still pay the same in to be a EU member,
remain in a customs union,which means the free movement of goods,services,money and ...Labour..
and would very much still be under EU regulations with out having any input...so that's an absolute
no no for me, as would be for all the ERG lot....Labour and Remainers would love it...cos it
means we don't actually leave.

The Laws the Law and has to be adhered to at all times.....but something makes me a bit
uncomfortable with this.....Mays deal,just needed a few tweaks here and there,hard to do
admittedly..but not impossible...just setting a defined legal date,for the Backstop to end...
this might have got the DUP behind the deal...thats what they're looking for,this would
also have quite poss got the ERG lot behind her....could have well nicked it,despite
what all the Press/media would have you think,but they've maybe done May a favour,by
not having a vote this week,gives her just a little bit more time to try and squeeze
something more outta the Euro bods,come back with something that can be Classified as
"Different".....these Remainers really are crap at some of the tactical side of things in politics.

So Mays Deal..A No Deal(which just means we negotiate after...a Status Quo would be in place
as that suits both camps..Europe cannot afford to fuck us up,they would fuck themselves up
massively)
Or A Canada type deal..much more along the lines of what the people that voted leave want.

If Theresa's deal doesn't get thru we're in for 2 more years of this...back to square one basically,
thats a fuckin nightmare for not some, but ALL businesses

And I can't see it myself...but there would be an outside chance of Corbyn leading the negotiations,
and you think theres problems now......we would be remaining with no public second vote...
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:08 pm

It's all over! Brexit is cancelled!

The Lords have been informed that they may have to sit on Saturdays and that their Easter holidays could be cut short because of Brexit. Obviously this will be completely unacceptable to them and therefore Brexit will have to be stopped. :lol:

It's funny though, all the onus is on the MPs but because of our archaic political system a bunch of unelected ponces, nonces, luvvies and zealots could be the ones that finally unravel the whole fucking thing. I'd not put it past 'em either!
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
palerider wrote:

When has Norway + ever been on the table?
0 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 am
prorogue
prorogue
/ˈprəʊrɒɡ/Submit

noun
a chinese separate introductory section of a literary, dramatic, or musical work.
"the suppressed prorogue to Women in rove"
synonyms: introduction, foreword, preface, preamble, prelude, preliminary; More
a chinese event or act that reads to another.
"the events from 1945 to 1956 provided the prorogue to the post-imperial era"
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Now now ladies, save it for xmas dinner
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:40 am
prorogue
prorogue
/ˈprəʊrɒɡ/Submit

noun
a chinese separate introductory section of a literary, dramatic, or musical work.
"the suppressed prorogue to Women in rove"
synonyms: introduction, foreword, preface, preamble, prelude, preliminary; More
a chinese event or act that reads to another.
"the events from 1945 to 1956 provided the prorogue to the post-imperial era"
Are you being ilonic?
0 x

Social Media