The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:00 pm
The New Liberal...Heseltine was on news this morning...
Was Saying how most of the country wanted to remain....flashing up underneath him the
latest Euro Election Poles.....Brexit Party 36%....Libs 17%...Labour..12%..... :lol:

Idiot..............

I'm actually starting to come round to this 2nd referendum thing.....leave vote would prob go up... :lol:
You should be one of those spin doctors, mate. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Tue May 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Thames wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 pm
Brilliant thread this lads (lasses, bineries, gays, trans, what evers, who gives a fuckers)...followed it closely and you are all far more knowledgeable than me on politics. But, can anyone tell me why the PM has said this today...

"MPs will get a vote on whether to hold another referendum if they back the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill, she said"

Another referendum? What?
It's complete bollocks is what it is!

Why on Gods green earth would MPs who want to stop Brexit vote on a bill to agree to Brexit in order to get another referendum to stop Brexit? They wouldn't, they'll just vote against the withdrawal agreement bill - simples! It's not fucking rocket science! Christ on a bike, our whole political complex is like one long episode of Yes Prime Minister ffs! :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Was Saying how most of the country wanted to remain....flashing up underneath him the
latest Euro Election Poles.....Brexit Party 36%....Libs 17%...Labour..12%..... :lol:

Idiot..............

I'm actually starting to come round to this 2nd referendum thing.....leave vote would prob go up... :lol:
Yeah but if you collate all the voting intentions taken from the polls it turns out like this:

Total pro-Brexit 36.1%
Total anti-Brexit 37.5%

Whatever the outcome, it's going to be close... again!

One thing's for sure though, the Conservatives and Labour are going to get absolutely reamed! :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Thames

Post by Thames » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm
Thames wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 pm
Brilliant thread this lads (lasses, bineries, gays, trans, what evers, who gives a fuckers)...followed it closely and you are all far more knowledgeable than me on politics. But, can anyone tell me why the PM has said this today...

"MPs will get a vote on whether to hold another referendum if they back the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill, she said"

Another referendum? What?

She's off her tit's mate and trying to do anything to get her deal passed.
As you say, its just wrong. How can a vote of the people be overturned. Democracy would be dead, surely!
2 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed May 22, 2019 12:50 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

Yeah but if you collate all the voting intentions taken from the polls it turns out like this:

Total pro-Brexit 36.1%
Total anti-Brexit 37.5%

Whatever the outcome, it's going to be close... again!

One thing's for sure though, the Conservatives and Labour are going to get absolutely reamed! :lol:
Yeah, but no-one really gives a monkeys about the EU elections. It's why Farage is an MEP and not an MP. It's why the BNP have had MEPs and not MPs.
It's a safe place, along with local council elections, to say fuck off to the establishment parties.

What we can read into all this is that the Conservatives have made a complete bollocks of Brexit, and continue so to do.
Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies have fucked Labours chances of capitalising.
The Lib Dems are, probably quite cynically, making hay by opposing Brexit.
The SNP are using Brexit to push their own independence agenda.
The Brexit Party have hoovered up everyone who thinks that Brexit matters above every other consideration.
And UKIP have been butt-fucked by Nigel Farage.

Andrew Marr eat your heart out.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed May 22, 2019 9:09 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Idiot..............

Politics,Like life Nev...You can Spin anything... ;)

Us Irons have had our fair share lately...
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed May 22, 2019 9:12 am

Thames wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm

She's off her tit's mate and trying to do anything to get her deal passed.
As you say, its just wrong. How can a vote of the people be overturned. Democracy would be dead, surely!
You Nailed it mate..it really is that simple....
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 am

mkhammer wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:09 am
Neville Bartos wrote:

Politics,Like life Nev...You can Spin anything... ;)

Us Irons have had our fair share lately...
World class team for a world class stadium. ;)
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 am

What we have as I see it is one party pretty much reflecting public opinion,in being split and
passionately defending their views on such an important issue,and desperately,despite almost
impossible odds,trying to reach a compromise,led by someone who by trying to be democratic
and understanding,is giving to much credence to people who lost the vote.

We have other parties who are saying, basically the public have got it wrong...they're ignorant
and didn't know what they were voting for,they just don't get and understand,were in parliament
so we do...so we're going to overturn what they wished for,and along the way we'll get some
political advantage from it.........(there's no craftily rubbing hands together Emoji)
And to a Man/Woman are fighting to block it.

So whether your a leaver or a remainer ask yourself which is right here.

So you have your choices and opinions....People that are trying to get Brexit thru,or others that
feel they are entitled to overrule and stop it.

To me it's Politically,Morally,and Fundamentally wrong,what a Majority of our MPs are doing..
The Public must Always Always have the final say....it's not a dictatorship,as much as Jeremy
would like a one party one...aint gonna happen in the UK...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed May 22, 2019 12:07 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 am

So whether your a leaver or a remainer ask yourself which is right here.
Leave ? Remain ? Far too simplistic as a lot of people have said all along. Hence compromise. The "public" voted leave. They did NOT vote for a no deal, partial deal or any other kind of deal because the question originally put was far too simplistic. In any case how many of the electorate, on either side of the divide really understood what they were voting for.

Years ago I served on the local council. It was at the time of the Thatcher governments and the local paper thought it would be a good idea to have a Q & A with the candidates in a local hall. Along we all went (the usual suspects plus an independent) and the first question I was asked, as a prospective COUNTY COUNCILLOR, what I (as the Tory candidate) would do about income tax if I was elected. And that was far from being the only dumb arsed question that evening asked by an equally dumb arsed voter.

Anyone who has ever sat on a jury, many of us I suspect, will I am sure empathise with me when I say not everyone on the planet is as switched on as the rest of us. Ask yourself one question. If you were up in front of His Lordship would you trust a jury of 12 of your peers to give you justice? Same with politics. How many people do we all know who always vote one way or the other ? Completely irrespective of specific policies, personalities and many other factors.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media