The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:25 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 pm
This does seem to have become the Brexit thread so....

There was an "Agreement" reached by TM and the Euro Bods....to put to our Parliament,
to enable us to leave the EU if it was passed,this would then become a legal and binding
treaty/agreement/law...whatever...but it's not been voted on yet,so it's just more or less a
proposal still..TO US...The UK..

So Theresa goes back....for clarification on certain aspects....and according to the EU bods
they can't change a Legal and Binding Document,and it's not for any defined discussion anymore.

Now if we had voted an acceptance,then gone back..look guys we wanna change something here
fair dues...But I thought two sides had to agree...sign/date an agreement...
You can agree a proposal all you want..not Legal.

It's like buying a car,and the Garage has a Contract already drawn up before you've agreed a
price.....you say that's way to much...but the garage say sorry that's the legal contract you
have to sign if you want this car....
As I see it
TM and others were representatives/negotiators....Parliament is the other Contractee,that
has to agree....is it not that we're all fighting over.

Either May is the 2nd Party...which means when she signed the "Agreement" it was then
Legal....and Parliament doesn't get a say,or Parliament is the 2nd party...one or the other.
But we can't just leave and go our own way. That will create a border and that's what 30 months of thinking has been trying to avoid.
You might think - well it was fucking pointless to try and do it in the first place...you wouldn't be the first
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:12 am

Theresa May has attacked one of her predecessors - accusing Tony Blair! ... I am not a huge fan of Theresa May but Tony Blair is an asshole ... What are we left with? :roll:
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:42 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am
Interesting the whole British obsession with "class" has come up again. People like Fleas-Dogg and Abbott are at the extreme ends of the political spectrum. Their whole raison d'etre is based on the continued obsession with the ridiculous notion in the 21st century that people should be defined by being in a certain class bracket. Fleas-Dogg believes, and if you don't believe me read some of his comments, that people of his ilk are inherently superior to the rest of us, whereas people like Abbott believe her "class" is condemned to being permanently downtrodden by the "elite". People come in all shapes and sizes and there are all sorts of different views and values spread among those shapes and sizes. People who define themselves as middle or working class frankly piss me off big time. Why can't they just accept themselves as people ?

And digressing onto the subject of the economy I would like to hear how anyone can describe the UK economy as "healthy". It was in a poor state before the Brexit vote and it will be in a poor state after it. Perhaps those who say it is "healthy" or "robust" would care to enlighten the rest of us. Not by comparing our economy to, say Greece or Portugal whose finances are in worse shape than ours. Maybe they could start by explaining why the pound buys 5% fewer dollars, to name one currency, than it did 12 months ago and 15% fewer than 10 years ago ? I use the dollar as an example because as we all know that is the currency most of the world's biggest trades are conducted in.
Agree totally with 1st Paragraph mate....I see Mogster a bit different...
Rich and Not so rich..Poor if you like, is simply a fact of life always has been always will be,
this will never ever change....people are very much mistaken if they think that will change..
Under any regime you want Communism to the Moggs of this world,you WILL have "Rich And
Poor".....Millionaires and Workers...it's life.
Won't go into it to much cos we'll go off topic to much, and you were on about the Class thing.

I think that comes cos we like to pigeon hole ourselves a bit,and basically it's luck of the draw,
where your born, who your born to....but even Old Money came from somewhere..someone,
somewhere.....500 years ago had an Idea,got of his arse and pursued it....got wealthy
from it ,builds himself a big fuck off house.....becomes "Upper Class" and his descendants
benefit.....luck of the draw.
It just gets me when someone hates someone else because they're wealthy,ridiculous IMO,
I'm not saying anyone on here does...it seems political on here,that's the way it should be.

I'll Chuck this in....Tories are not a Rich Mans Party.....It's the "Working Classes" Vote them in...

The Economy in the UK is OK,not quite getting why your so down on it Whisky....it's hard to
define.....but from what I see and read....and unfortunately you do have to compare to
others.....it's reasonably stable which under circumstances is amazing...Still the 5th biggest,
and rates between 5th to 10th for being most healthy,for want of a better word,depending
on which analyst you choose...(courtesy of google,where would we be... :lol: )
It Prob could be better and without this Euro shit going on I would be disappointed,but it's
affecting it....
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 pm

No Deal ...we'll thrive.

Short term pain, long term gain.

I'm getting old in the tooth, we buy all our raw material from Europe but I'm all in for no deal.

We really do have so much more going for us than most on these shores give us credit for.

The EU have seen our negotiating weakness and wanted to scapegoat us.

They'll be sorry as will those Southern Irish if they want to give it Charlie Big Bollocks with their blue flag. Wankers need to look at how much trade the do with the UK.

No Surrender.
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm

The problem is it creates a border which is what the entire 30 months chats have been trying to avoid.And nobody will agree to a border. David Cameron - smart bloke -resigned immediately,when he saw what lay ahead. And the laugh is on everyone else.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm

whu wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 pm
No Deal ...we'll thrive.

Short term pain, long term gain.

I'm getting old in the tooth, we buy all our raw material from Europe but I'm all in for no deal.

We really do have so much more going for us than most on these shores give us credit for.

The EU have seen our negotiating weakness and wanted to scapegoat us.

They'll be sorry as will those Southern Irish if they want to give it Charlie Big Bollocks with their blue flag. Wankers need to look at how much trade the do with the UK.

No Surrender.
Pro or Anti Brexit a "No Deal" scenario is the worst possible option imo. Again imo the best outcome would be an arrangement similar to that of Norway which, very basically as I understand it, incorporates a tariff free trade deal without any free movement of labour being included.

But would be interested to read your views on why you think we'd thrive. Particularly as the fall in the value of our currency is already costing us big time because we import more than we sell. Including food, which everyone needs. And a falling currency is even more important when compared with the dollar than the Euro.

And imo the only thing we really have going for us is a world class financial services sector which accounts for billions of the country's overall GDP
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:00 pm

I voted out, but would love somebody to give me a list of all the positives of a no deal, along with a reason why?
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 pm

jameskel wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:00 pm
I voted out, but would love somebody to give me a list of all the positives of a no deal, along with a reason why?
This article pretty much sums up both sides of the argument, it's a couple of weeks old but still relevant. The reader can draw their own conclusions from it I guess. I used this article because as far as I'm aware "The Week" is bang in the middle of the political spectrum and as such is about as neutral in its reporting as I can find.

Deal or No Deal
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanks.

The report from the gov Brexit group, regarding food, medicine etc, reads like the aftermath of a Zombie Apocolypse.

A fucking shambles
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Would Tereeze,allow the country's supermarkets to run empty just to keep up appearances...and would those around her let her do it
0 x

Social Media