The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by palerider » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:36 pm
palerider wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Used to be two Polish mini-markets in Shepton Mallet but one has changed hands and is now a Ski-bar.

Sure sign things are changing but not surprised, there can't be much demand in a small town for two shops selling polish.
I've googled 'ski bar' and I'm none the wiser. :D
They've done it up like an alpine bar. I went there with my daughter and I must have been the oldest bugger in there by 30 years but it was quite good actually.
0 x
I will not be widiculed by the common soldierwy.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:13 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:36 pm

I've googled 'ski bar' and I'm none the wiser. :D
They've done it up like an alpine bar. I went there with my daughter and I must have been the oldest bugger in there by 30 years but it was quite good actually.
Visited the Facebook page and it looks exactly like I imagined. Vast amounts of wood effect decor.
Oddly when I typed in Shepton Mallet 'ski bar' was second to 'prison' on the predictive search thingy.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:17 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:39 am
Yeah, they're so together that Amber Rudd has just come out and said she'd be behind a 2nd referendum!!!

I'm beginning to think you're employed as a Tory spin doctor MK! ;)
Bill....if your saying that having an opinion on something..pushing for it...realising that maybe
your not gonna get what you want...start to look at other options,by way of a compromise..
is wrong..well...would you rather a someone go....NO I,m not prepared to listen,and find a way out
of a problem..

By the way on this totally 100% disagree with her....good politician I like her....but to me,
a 2nd referendum should not even be mentioned....shes pissed me off....but like I said she sees
a route, a way out.....I see an error and would argue till the F.in cows come home with her on it...

I realise what she and others are saying.....Parliament is going against the will of the voter,so
put it back to them to endorse it, prob is it hasn't got a chance....a similar vote and we're back to
square one, a reversal......and it would be fuckin chaos....18 million people voted to leave,
anyone thinks their all gonna go ....Oh Ok..fair enough...is very much mistaken...think we have
probs now....

By the way me disagreeing with her Doesn't mean we're not Conservatives and want whats best...
It's just Strange times at moment..
The Party is Split on this...no escaping it...pissing me off,but I understand it..
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:57 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:56 pm
The electorate, bless them, decided they didn't want any more muslims flooding into the country from the world's trouble spots and thought leaving the EU would stop this flood.
And because of that little fucking Polish bit they have in supermarkets now.
This is why there's only two bloody flavours of Prince's paste in Sainburys these days. Who even likes Sardine and Tomato?
Me,that was our fish supper when I was a kid
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:34 am
So May comes back with a deal a compromise deal,as close as you can get to appeasing everyone,
she aint stupid...
The problem with compromises is that they tend to please nobody and piss off everybody. You see nobody gets what they want.

Look FFS everybody and his wife know the referendum was about immigration. It was fuck all to do with trade deals or any other deals. The electorate, bless them, decided they didn't want any more muslims flooding into the country from the world's trouble spots and thought leaving the EU would stop this flood.

I am sure if this country put forward as a solution a deal which allowed free movement of labour to people whose ultimate nationality was one of the other member countries the EU would agree and so would the British Parliament. A few Labour hand wringers may demur but I bet that deal would sail through Parliament and everyone could get on with their lives. FFS a deal like that would even unify the Tory party.

A second referendum ? It's looking increasingly certain and if there is a choice between a Hard Brexit and the cancellation of Brexit no sane person would vote to leave. However if a third option involving the movement of labour solution I mentioned were to be available it would probably be a completely different story.

And as a complete aside has anyone else noticed how quiet Boris has become. Surely he's not going to change his mind again just to get a shot at No 10 is he?
Basically People just wanted control back in our hands again....Agree immigration was the over
riding factor tho....Me Personally I would go 50/50 felt we needed a bit more control over it
...but also the opportunity for a better trading system,Europe Financially has run it's course,gotta
move on and diversify now.....so many other markets.
Guarantee you, France would leave...poss Germany as well if they had public votes...if that
doesn't tell you what "Europe" means to them....

It's just a few...some Unelected Bods...controlling Europes destiny...and it will slowly sink,cos
they have no outlook on the future......If they used their fuckin loafs...potentially we could be
a gateway to World trade for them.....can have their cake and eat it,but they're happy with
their little lot....all the smaller countries sinking,needing bailouts from us and Germany,
France maybe at times that's basically the way it works.

Said before ...what tipped me was Germanys Stance.....inviting migrants into Europe,not
Germany ..Europe.....they would after a while become EU passport holders with free movement.
( Wanted out anyway...but that made me hard line)Bloody liberty..they need Cheap Labour
so fuck Europe..and their own people....Germanys not a happy place now...

This Government/May could have come up with a halfway decent leaving Plan,it still
wouldn't pass Parliament........Labour openly said they would vote against ANY deal,long
before any mention of any Backstops....doesn't matter what May brought back..could be
fuckin utopia, they would vote it down.....tells you all you need to know about them.

Mentioned before the "hard liners" of which I'm one....were sat back quietly,cos Labour
were doing their job for them...by stopping any deal....they were/are stopping any "soft"
deals as well...
These guys are more than happy with a No Deal.....and thanks to Labour...it's getting very close.
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Said before ...what tipped me was Germanys Stance.....inviting migrants into Europe,not
Germany ..Europe.....they would after a while become EU passport holders with free movement.
( Wanted out anyway...but that made me hard line)Bloody liberty..they need Cheap Labour

I've addressed this before.
Any migrant arriving in Germany can only apply for citizenship after a period of 6 to 8 years. And only if certain criteria are met is such an application likely to be granted.
The idea that Germany is a backdoor to skirting UK immigration is utter, utter nonsense.

The 2018 World happiness report ranks Germany 15th. The UK was 19th.
Sweden and the Netherlands, overrun as they are by violent gangs of marauding immigrants, are ranked 6th and 9th.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 pm
mkhammer wrote:

I've addressed this before.
Any migrant arriving in Germany can only apply for citizenship after a period of 6 to 8 years. And only if certain criteria are met is such an application likely to be granted.
The idea that Germany is a backdoor to skirting UK immigration is utter, utter nonsense.

The 2018 World happiness report ranks Germany 15th. The UK was 19th.
Sweden and the Netherlands, overrun as they are by violent gangs of marauding immigrants, are ranked 6th and 9th.
I can vouch for that.

I've been to both Sweden and Germany this year. Cologne at night was fine and felt perfectly safe. Gothenburg felt like Kabul. Gangs of marauding North African kids doing what they liked with the Swedish plod doing not much at all about it.
1 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm

You wouldn’t want to walk about in Frankfurt at night trust me.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:33 am

mkhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

The problem with compromises is that they tend to please nobody and piss off everybody. You see nobody gets what they want.

Look FFS everybody and his wife know the referendum was about immigration. It was fuck all to do with trade deals or any other deals. The electorate, bless them, decided they didn't want any more muslims flooding into the country from the world's trouble spots and thought leaving the EU would stop this flood.

I am sure if this country put forward as a solution a deal which allowed free movement of labour to people whose ultimate nationality was one of the other member countries the EU would agree and so would the British Parliament. A few Labour hand wringers may demur but I bet that deal would sail through Parliament and everyone could get on with their lives. FFS a deal like that would even unify the Tory party.

A second referendum ? It's looking increasingly certain and if there is a choice between a Hard Brexit and the cancellation of Brexit no sane person would vote to leave. However if a third option involving the movement of labour solution I mentioned were to be available it would probably be a completely different story.

And as a complete aside has anyone else noticed how quiet Boris has become. Surely he's not going to change his mind again just to get a shot at No 10 is he?
Basically People just wanted control back in our hands again....Agree immigration was the over
riding factor tho....Me Personally I would go 50/50 felt we needed a bit more control over it
...but also the opportunity for a better trading system,Europe Financially has run it's course,gotta
move on and diversify now.....so many other markets.
Guarantee you, France would leave...poss Germany as well if they had public votes...if that
doesn't tell you what "Europe" means to them....

It's just a few...some Unelected Bods...controlling Europes destiny...and it will slowly sink,cos
they have no outlook on the future......If they used their fuckin loafs...potentially we could be
a gateway to World trade for them.....can have their cake and eat it,but they're happy with
their little lot....all the smaller countries sinking,needing bailouts from us and Germany,
France maybe at times that's basically the way it works.

This Government/May could have come up with a halfway decent leaving Plan,it still
wouldn't pass Parliament........Labour openly said they would vote against ANY deal,long
before any mention of any Backstops....doesn't matter what May brought back..could be
fuckin utopia, they would vote it down.....tells you all you need to know about them.

Mentioned before the "hard liners" of which I'm one....were sat back quietly,cos Labour
were doing their job for them...by stopping any deal....they were/are stopping any "soft"
deals as well...
These guys are more than happy with a No Deal.....and thanks to Labour...it's getting very close.

We have no idea how other countries would vote so it is ridiculous "guaranteeing" how anyone would vote. Prior to our own vote most people "guaranteed" the vote would be to remain. It wasn't. Proving the so called experts and assorted gobshites, as usual, knew a lot less than they claimed to.

What I will say however is that anyone who is happy with a so called Hard Brexit is several toppings short of a pizza. Whatever one's views on whether we are better off in or out an exit without a deal would be catastrophic. If you don't believe me read what most leaders of industries, very different diversified businesses, are saying. I don't know how you feel Britain could somehow be the "gateway to world trade for them". Europoort in Rotterdam has been that since the unions fucked up our own Port of London many years ago. Facts need to be faced. Britain is no longer a significant world power economically. We have, at the moment, a world class financial sector but I bet you would struggle to name 10 major British owned companies outside that sector.

You are right there are numerous other markets. And, once again, in or out there is absolutely nothing stopping UK companies striking deals with those markets. Of course there is a wider world outside Europe but it does not alter the fact Europe is an important part of our trade.
0 x
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:17 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm
You wouldn’t want to walk about in Frankfurt at night trust me.
The last time I was in Frankfurt at night was 1976 to see West Ham. I guess it's changed since then.

I was in Cologne for the games fair and it really was ok, even by the station where all of the sexual assaults took place. I reckon the polizei have a no nonsense approach now, but Gothenburg, where I had a bit of business to sort out was fucking scary.

Being the 'liberal' capital of the world I imagine any youth called Mohammed found torching a car or raping a blonde local is not only let off but given 1000 euros to make up for his trouble.
0 x

Social Media