The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am

With regards to the army, at the current rate of shrinkage our entire armed forces is going to consist of two speed boats, a hang glider, one snatch land rover, 5 squaddies and an air rifle by 2035.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am
With regards to the army, at the current rate of shrinkage our entire armed forces is going to consist of two speed boats, a hang glider, one snatch land rover, 5 squaddies and an air rifle by 2035.
You forgot a regimental spaniel called Eric.
1 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:56 am

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit- ... ?r=US&IR=T

I can't believe these people are still worried after John Redwood has said everything will be fine.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Hornchurch Hammer

Post by Hornchurch Hammer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 am

Yesterday saw dire warnings from Airbus about moving manufacturing out of the UK in the event of a No Deal Brexit.

Today sees a Vice President of Airbus admit the announcement was issued at the insistence of the UK Government.

Project Fear? Hardly playing fair. Trust the govt?
0 x
Tinkety tonk old fruit and down with the Nazis

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:40 am

Hornchurch Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 am
Yesterday saw dire warnings from Airbus about moving manufacturing out of the UK in the event of a No Deal Brexit.

Today sees a Vice President of Airbus admit the announcement was issued at the insistence of the UK Government.

Whether or not we agree it's better to stay in or get out I think most would agree that a "no deal" scenario would benefit nobody. Apart from possibly those engaged in smuggling enterprises. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Hornchurch Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 am

That's not project fear, mate, that's project 'get May's deal through at any cost'.
That's why she won't rule out no deal. She wants a straight up choice between her deal and no deal.
Playing politics with people's livelihoods.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am
Are the MP's thinking,will this Brexit thing work?

I reckon many are thinking it won't and why the massive defeat.Obviously some are hard Brexiteers ,but do the majority probably think that this country will be in big trouble if we leave?
Problem as I see it Terry is that the MP's who want tyo Remain in voted against it. Those who want a so called Hard Brexit with no agreement whatsoever voted against it. And hose two sides are about as far apart on the issue as it's possible to be.

But I think you may have a point. I used to ber a member of the local Conservative Party and still have a number of friends who are still members. One of them, a very active "Leave" campaigner at the time of the referendum, admitted she wanted the issue of immigration to be addressed and she felt a strong, but minority, "Leave" vote would achieve this. However she did not expect to win the referendum and admitted after the event the reaction of the majority who campaigned for "leave" felt Cameron's immediate resignation would bring down the government.

She called it her "Oh,Shit moment".
Just catchin up on here,not been around for a while....

I think my first words were "I don't fuckin believe this"... :lol:
Thought it would be 60/40 remain,much as Cameroon did,and if I'm honest not sure the Tories
would have put it in their manifesto if they knew what the result was gonna be,totally misread it.
I liked Cameron...but should have seen it thru IMO,he was very much a remainer,but it's your job
as an MP/PM,to back the will of the people and sometimes for go your own opinions, to a degree
much as May is trying ..Trying.. :lol: to do...not easy..
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Lost the will to live

Just get it done, one way or another, or even have another vote. just don't fucking care.

Self serving cunts
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am
BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am

This is why article 50 will have to be extended.The no deal scenario will not be sanctioned. It's a tidy mess and unfortunately the PM is not an individual with any charismatic influence on proceedings.

You would think in a political vacuum,a natural leader would emerge.
Back in the day a natural leader would undoubtedly have come through. But there is not one individual I can think of from the current crop of MP's who I would trust to run a fucking bath, never mind the country.

And even if there was a natural leader the chances of getting anything remotely like agreement between the hardcore remainers and the Brexit -at-all-costs brigade are pretty non existent.

For me the only option is another referendum with a binding result. There should be 3 simple questions.

1. Accept May's deal
2. Leave with no deal.
3. Stay In the EU.

It's the only way I can see out of the current mess. The idiots who organised the first referendum didn't realise the different scenarios that would unfold and giving people effectively a yes or no question meant no bastard knew what they were voting for.

I'm happy to admit I voted remain. I did so not because of an unwavering belief in the EU but because I preferred to listen to business people's opinions rather than those of self seeking politicians in thrall to their local constituency committees.

I can see that as being a 3 way split mate or very close....then what.....any second ref of any type
will leave us far worse off in terms of a compromise...
A yes or no again would be the same, 5% difference either way, if Remain won that.....Seriously
I would be terrified...think you've seen riots before,it would be chaos, and I'm not scaremongering
cos I'm a leaver.
I just can not see anyway to have a successful democratic outcome from a Brexit 2...if there was a way
I might even be for it.

Think most of us knew what we wanted from the vote as well mate,and it was all pretty simple..
Was..... :lol:
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Hornchurch Hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:23 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am

Back in the day a natural leader would undoubtedly have come through. But there is not one individual I can think of from the current crop of MP's who I would trust to run a fucking bath, never mind the country.

And even if there was a natural leader the chances of getting anything remotely like agreement between the hardcore remainers and the Brexit -at-all-costs brigade are pretty non existent.

For me the only option is another referendum with a binding result. There should be 3 simple questions.

1. Accept May's deal
2. Leave with no deal.
3. Stay In the EU.

It's the only way I can see out of the current mess. The idiots who organised the first referendum didn't realise the different scenarios that would unfold and giving people effectively a yes or no question meant no bastard knew what they were voting for.

I'm happy to admit I voted remain. I did so not because of an unwavering belief in the EU but because I preferred to listen to business people's opinions rather than those of self seeking politicians in thrall to their local constituency committees.
So 30% vote option 1, 32% vote option 2 but we leave because 38% voted option 3??

Ridiculous suggestion, you can’t have a referendum that splits the leave vote but it is a typical “remainer” ploy.

If there is to be a 3rd peoples vote it should be the same question that faced parliament. Leave on Mays deal or with no deal. This is the only viable question.

100% against a 2nd Ref....but if god forbid there is one...it HAS to be along those lines,
we choose HOW we leave not IF we leave...
0 x

Social Media