The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Hornchurch Hammer wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:35 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:51 am

I think a Pan European army is the least of our worries tbh.

Sadly the brave men and women who sign up to serve in the British forces are deployed by the politicians who you have described, very accuately imo, to carry out their own particular agendas, not to defend the country they signed up to protect ? Are we less susceptible to terrorist attacks in this country because of our involvement in Afghanistan? Is Britain safer since politicians decided Saddam Hussein should be deposed ?

We all know the answer don't we ? I think I'm right in saying the last time British forces were used in the pursuit of British interests was the Falklands War. And that was a situation which we now know could have been avoided had early intelligence been acted on.
Cannot argue with a word of that tbh. But has it not always been this way. The Army doing what the politicians say?
The Army,Air Force,Navy are there to protect the UKs interests Home and Abroad,this will be defined
by the Government that is in power......Who Else...
Have I missed something...are you guys saying the Armed Forces should be separate,and not
be controlled by the Elected Government....

Admittedly used sometimes for Financial gain.....OIL.....but this is for the benefit of the UK as well.

They along with the Police IMO have done an amazing job in keeping this country
relatively safe...given all the shit that is going on around us.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:07 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:04 pm
Hornchurch Hammer wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:35 am

Cannot argue with a word of that tbh. But has it not always been this way. The Army doing what the politicians say?
The Army,Air Force,Navy are there to protect the UKs interests Home and Abroad,this will be defined
by the Government that is in power......Who Else...
Have I missed something...are you guys saying the Armed Forces should be separate,and not
be controlled by the Elected Government....

Admittedly used sometimes for Financial gain.....OIL.....but this is for the benefit of the UK as well.

They along with the Police IMO have done an amazing job in keeping this country
relatively safe...given all the shit that is going on around us.
I don't think anyone wants to see an EU army, but given the constant cutting by government, we're seeing our military services capacity to both operate and protect effectively compromised.
Same goes for the police. The Tories were trumpeting adding 1000 odd new officers -- the biggest increase in a decade -- but in that decade they've slashed numbers by 20,000.
And it's doubtful the old 'Brexit dividend' is going to reverse these cost cutting trends.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:17 am

So what happens now after last night's votes ?

May going back and getting tough ? Telling those cunts they'll get fuck all in a divorce settlement if they don't compromise a bit ?

I don't get it.

We don't want a hard border in Oirland, the EU say they don't. So what's the fucking issue ?

No deal could easily happen.
0 x
I will not be widiculed by the common soldierwy.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 pm

I think Mrs May should save the cost of her EasyJet flight to Brussels. Uberstuhmfuhrer Barnier has yet again stated, there is nothing to discuss...

EDIT: I've just looked and EasyJet don't fly to Brussels, so it saves her the bother.

The only leverage the eussr realistically has is the NI backstop. Been shown numerous times how easily that is to sort out.
But as usual the mobsters that run the eussr dont want to give anything away, just to be seen as the winners and in charge...(as all empire building megalomaniacs through history have always done

There's no way they will shift on that. However, much as it's being pedalled, the Backstop is the least of the shortcomings of Mrs May's deal (as far as a "proper" Brexit goes). People who voted to leave voted to extract the UK from the Lisbon Treaty. They did not vote to enmesh the country in an equally obnoxious agreement which ties the UK's hands and prevents it from taking advantage of the opportunities that Brexit prevents.

FUCK THE EUSSR and everything it stands for...put me down as a dont know !!
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 am

Rick_Deckard wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 pm
...which ties the UK's hands and prevents it from taking advantage of the opportunities that Brexit prevents.
Either you've accidentally put a v where an s should be, or you're the next Tory Brexit minister. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:11 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:17 am

May going back and getting tough ? Telling those cunts they'll get fuck all in a divorce settlement if they don't compromise a bit ?

I don't get it.

We don't want a hard border in Oirland, the EU say they don't. So what's the fucking issue ?

0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:45 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:17 am

I don't get it.

Thing I'm not getting is this "Take the no deal off the table" thing....
WE voted to Leave the EU...( not how we leave but leave)...this was put to Parliament,Article 50
triggered,it was agreed by the house(ALL Parties) and stated we leave the EU March 29th..
This has become part of the statute..therefore a Law.
We enter negotiations to TRY to reach a "nice" compromise that suits everyone,this has because of
various reasons become practically impossible.
So therefore we have No Overriding deal with the EU....BUT we still have to leave,with an EU deal
or not,it doesn't enter into things...it's our law..we leave.
So how can we take a no deal off the fuckin table...you just can't..be breaking the law as it
stops you leaving,cos we can't compromise....and when you can't the Law takes over and has to be
implemented.

According to some article 50 can be extended...not sure on that...sure my mate Mogg will have
something to say.... :lol: ,but even so another leave date will be set...so same thing.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 am

Carry On Brexit is the bad joke that keeps on giving.
In order to avoid 'no deal' traffic jams trucks carrying goods from the EU will be waived through unchecked.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5878767
Nothing says border control like doing away with border control.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:33 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 am
In order to avoid 'no deal' traffic jams trucks carrying goods from the EU will be waived through unchecked.
Yup,and we could all speed up passenger queues at airports without security checks and increase commuter flow without traffic lights. Might be catching...
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:26 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 am

Think it's the common sense thing to do mate.....try and carry on as normal...to a degree/ as much
as you can anyway......there'll still be the usual searches for any thing suss.
In or out of Euro...huge majority goes thru "Unchecked" anyway..Curtainsiders get the once over
sealed containers straight thru.
3 Tonnes and Transit type things more of a prob..but always have been.

We just need some common sense on it all..

But Again if the Labour Party had contributed in some way to us getting some kinda deal/deals
in place..
Instead of playing right into the No Dealers hands...But to late now....No dealers have won.
0 x

Social Media