The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm

The point was there are no polls suggesting 'the vast majority' want out now.
His opinion is one thing, but suggesting it's validated by an imaginary poll is something else entirely. It's called lying.

As for the opinion of the some bloke who runs a paper in Derby, how is that relevant? Unless he's been doing his own polling, I'd suggest he's just expressing his own preference.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm
His opinion is one thing, but suggesting it's validated by an imaginary poll is something else entirely. It's called lying.

As for the opinion of the some bloke who runs a paper in Derby, how is that relevant? Unless he's been doing his own polling, I'd suggest he's just expressing his own preference.
I'm merely pointing out something I saw on tv Nev.

You're getting very defensive these days.

You're not BFS are you ?
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:44 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm

You're not BFS are you ?
Sorry, mate. It's bloody MK deliberately missing the point to wind me up.
He knows I get all emotional about IDS and uses it against me.
I've been thinking about Diane Abbott pole dancing so I'm all calm and relaxed now.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:44 pm
palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:09 pm

You're not BFS are you ?
I've been thinking about Diane Abbott pole dancing so I'm all calm and relaxed now.
:lol: ...I might miss the point, and go into rant mode at times...but would never wind you up
mate..I enjoy a political debate to much,albeit on a keyboard with his one...
mind you safer this way aint got Thatcher haters wanting to throttle me.... :lol:

IDS aint to bad,stands his ground on opinions...jacked his cabinet job in,thought the Tories planned
approach to some disability payments and other benefits would cause problems,bloke means well.

But the politician comes out in that interview,if you notice, he says...in my constituency before,
so he's talking about his own constituency if cross examined,but if people wanna believe he's
talking generally all well and good...cos like I said IMO he's right.

I think you'll agree there's a trend in the reporting of Brexit, that it's best if we remain,leavings
not worth it and causing to many problems....Old duncs is pointing out that,thats not
necessarily the view of the general public.

I'll leave the futile attempts to wind you up, to that Knob up in the footie bit of forum mate.... :lol:
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:25 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:15 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

:lol: ...I might miss the point, and go into rant mode at times...but would never wind you up
mind you safer this way aint got Thatcher haters wanting to throttle me.... :lol:

IDS aint to bad,stands his ground on opinions...jacked his cabinet job in,thought the Tories planned
approach to some disability payments and other benefits would cause problems,bloke means well.

But the politician comes out in that interview,if you notice, he says...in my constituency before,
so he's talking about his own constituency if cross examined,but if people wanna believe he's

I think you'll agree there's a trend in the reporting of Brexit, that it's best if we remain,leavings
not worth it and causing to many problems....Old duncs is pointing out that,thats not

I'll leave the futile attempts to wind you up, to that Knob up in the footie bit of forum mate.... :lol:
Oi ! Leave me out of your petty squabbles you Thatcher-licking Cunt !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:25 pm
mkhammer wrote:

Oi ! Leave me out of your petty squabbles you Thatcher-licking Cunt !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mate moved up to a place just outside Sheffield....FNY... :lol: Nah nice gaff..
Went out for a few beers...first time out with him up there..
He points at me....YOU..No Fuckin Politics....and Don't defend Thatch they'll fuckin lynch yer... :lol:

You Do know I was referring to someone else....I think you know who..
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

It just seems desperately underhand to try validate your opinion with fictional opinion polls.
Do I believe there's s poll showing a majority of people want Brexit over and done with? Yes, I know I do.
Is that the same as wanting us to leave now even with no deal? Is it fuck.
I know IDS knows it's not the same thing too, so why lie?
It's something I don't get about politicians. Much like only being principled when it's convenient.

He also doesn't qualify his statement in reference to his constituency. What he says is 'All the polling tells us, and it's the same in my constituency, that the vast majority want to leave now'. That's just lying. No polling I've seen, at a national level, reflects that view.

I think people see what they want to see in the media. It's widely reported that any kind of Brexit will leave the economy worse off. I don't see anyone, not even hypocrites like Rees-Mogg, disputing that.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but the BBC give Nigel Farage more airtime than pretty much any elected politician.
They don't call it the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation for nothing you know.

And thanks for pulling up Newmarket. He's a cad and a bounder that one. ;)
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:32 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm
mkhammer wrote:

It just seems desperately underhand to try validate your opinion with fictional opinion polls.
Do I believe there's s poll showing a majority of people want Brexit over and done with? Yes, I know I do.
Is that the same as wanting us to leave now even with no deal? Is it fuck.
I know IDS knows it's not the same thing too, so why lie?
It's something I don't get about politicians. Much like only being principled when it's convenient.

He also doesn't qualify his statement in reference to his constituency. What he says is 'All the polling tells us, and it's the same in my constituency, that the vast majority want to leave now'. That's just lying. No polling I've seen, at a national level, reflects that view.

I think people see what they want to see in the media. It's widely reported that any kind of Brexit will leave the economy worse off. I don't see anyone, not even hypocrites like Rees-Mogg, disputing that.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but the BBC give Nigel Farage more airtime than pretty much any elected politician.
They don't call it the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation for nothing you know.

And thanks for pulling up Newmarket. He's a cad and a bounder that one. ;)
TBH mate I haven't seen any polls specifically on it,I've heard people referring to them,but TBH
found polls to be poor indicators any way,but the ones I've heard about,and the the ones
i think he's referring to,are that amongst Leavers,the polls are quite strong still,and the trend
is that a No Deal,is still better than a shit deal that means that basically we remain,in quite
possibly would be in a worse situation..

I think you just use things to your advantage in a comment/discussion...we all do it ,you do,
I certainly do.....I use the 65% constituencies voting leave, rather than the 52/48 split,not
hoodwinking or hiding facts,just trying to back up my argument.

Not seen much of Nigel.....sure he's still making plans......

Yeah knew I'd get the wrath of Mr N when I mentioned Thatch....... :lol:
But was referring to someone else your in discussion with at the moment....
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Now, they say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Our Great Tea Lady of a Premier is going around citing to absolutely anyone who can be bothered to listen that she's managed to obtain “legally binding” changes to the withdrawal agreement.

No.

No she hasn't.

In fact not a word of it is any fucking different to the agreement that was, when voted upon, trounced by a record margin in parliament back in January. It'll get trounced again tonight and then where do we go?

We go to the old extend Article 50 ploy, not because it's in the best interests of Britain but because it's in the best interests of the Great Tea Lady and only the Great Tea Lady - she'll ask for a 3 month or so extension so she can keep herself in power just that little bit longer in the hope that by pure fuckwittery and mental erosion she'll grind down enough people in order to get her will done. She won't and we'll be in exactly the same position we are now.

The biggest political agenda this country has faced since WW2 and our lot have managed to turn it in to a complete and utter clusterfuck.

Trouble is there just isn't a single person within the whole of Westminster who I trust to give their head a wobble, pull up their sleeves and just simply sort it. Never gonna happen. It'll be up to our grandkids to unfuck the country such is the colossal balls up all and fucking sundry seem to be making at the moment.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 pm
Now, they say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Our Great Tea Lady of a Premier is going around citing to absolutely anyone who can be bothered to listen that she's managed to obtain “legally binding” changes to the withdrawal agreement.

No.

No she hasn't.

In fact not a word of it is any fucking different to the agreement that was, when voted upon, trounced by a record margin in parliament back in January. It'll get trounced again tonight and then where do we go?

We go to the old extend Article 50 ploy, not because it's in the best interests of Britain but because it's in the best interests of the Great Tea Lady and only the Great Tea Lady - she'll ask for a 3 month or so extension so she can keep herself in power just that little bit longer in the hope that by pure fuckwittery and mental erosion she'll grind down enough people in order to get her will done. She won't and we'll be in exactly the same position we are now.

The biggest political agenda this country has faced since WW2 and our lot have managed to turn it in to a complete and utter clusterfuck.

Trouble is there just isn't a single person within the whole of Westminster who I trust to give their head a wobble, pull up their sleeves and just simply sort it. Never gonna happen. It'll be up to our grandkids to unfuck the country such is the colossal balls up all and fucking sundry seem to be making at the moment.
I have to agree. God knows what will happen. The country is so divided this could rumble on for years. Imo, if she loses by over 100 votes tonight she has to resign but that won't alter much.

There's no real appetite for anything. Second referendum ? Not really but if it happens it will be very tight again so what then ? Best out of 3 ?

Farage's Brexit party gaining support is the only sure bet imo. But obviously not enough to gain power.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

Social Media