The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4404
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 238
x 277

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by mkhammer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 am

Find it staggering TBH how Watson can say that,and yet another nail in the coffin,like it
needs another one,of why I could never ever support a Labour Party,used to have respect and
admiration for them...well some of them..that's pretty much gone now..

They don't seem to get it,or more likely ignoring the fact that overwhelmingly some 65% or so of
their held seats voted to fuckin LEAVE.........(Tories slightly higher)
Yet they say we should remain....that's a Socialist Democracy in action for you,absolutely sums
it up,The Labour Party do not represent the ave man and woman anymore,however much they bang
on about their Socialist values.....it's very much lefty politics,this.....leave it to us,we know whats
best for you....the People have spoken...Fuckin listen and act on it.

Look at the Areas that voted leave,and what people are saying,people are worried about our future
in what they see is a Capitalist,exclusive,dictating Club.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8008
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 137
x 674

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:42 am


IF there was a second referendum, would the vast swathes of Labour voters north of Watford, where the Referendum result was really decided and who felt abandoned by the metropolitan elite in London, feel betrayed ?
Metropolitan Elite ? Well, I guess we Londoners may think that as that fine city generates most of the wealth this country produces. Without the contribution of that "elite" those people who you say feel abandoned by us (I'm cheating a bit because I no longer live and work there, but fuck it) wouldn't be able to claim their welfare payments and sit on their fat, subsidised arses, whilst Lincolnshire potato farmers have to employ Bulgarian spud pickers because it's beneath the local yokelry to get their hands dirty . At least, as long as the "elite" produce the wealth to keep them in burgers. ;) ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 77
x 227

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:42 am


IF there was a second referendum, would the vast swathes of Labour voters north of Watford, where the Referendum result was really decided and who felt abandoned by the metropolitan elite in London, feel betrayed ?
Metropolitan Elite ? Well, I guess we Londoners may think that as that fine city generates most of the wealth this country produces. Without the contribution of that "elite" those people who you say feel abandoned by us (I'm cheating a bit because I no longer live and work there, but fuck it) wouldn't be able to claim their welfare payments and sit on their fat, subsidised arses, whilst Lincolnshire potato farmers have to employ Bulgarian spud pickers because it's beneath the local yokelry to get their hands dirty . At least, as long as the "elite" produce the wealth to keep them in burgers. ;) ;)
So by using the same logic we can cut violent crime if we nuke London since it generates so much more than the rest of the country no?

22% That's the percentage of the GDP London generates. Now, if my arithmetic is correct, that means that 78% of the GDP of the UK ISN'T generated in London which I know may come as a shock to some within the City of Westminster. If they ever took their heads out of their own arses they'd realise that London isn't the whole fucking country and that real, human people inhabit the areas outside of it.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8008
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 137
x 674

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:53 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 am


Metropolitan Elite ? Well, I guess we Londoners may think that as that fine city generates most of the wealth this country produces. Without the contribution of that "elite" those people who you say feel abandoned by us (I'm cheating a bit because I no longer live and work there, but fuck it) wouldn't be able to claim their welfare payments and sit on their fat, subsidised arses, whilst Lincolnshire potato farmers have to employ Bulgarian spud pickers because it's beneath the local yokelry to get their hands dirty . At least, as long as the "elite" produce the wealth to keep them in burgers. ;) ;)
So by using the same logic we can cut violent crime if we nuke London since it generates so much more than the rest of the country no?

22% That's the percentage of the GDP London generates. Now, if my arithmetic is correct, that means that 78% of the GDP of the UK ISN'T generated in London which I know may come as a shock to some within the City of Westminster. If they ever took their heads out of their own arses they'd realise that London isn't the whole fucking country and that real, human people inhabit the areas outside of it.
The comment was a little bit tongue in cheek Billy. But seeing as you've raised the point about 22% of the country's GDP being generated by London's 8.8.million citizens(13% of the population) one is perhaps entitled to ask why the other 57.2 million aren't as productive. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 77
x 227

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by BillyDWhizz » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:53 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm


So by using the same logic we can cut violent crime if we nuke London since it generates so much more than the rest of the country no?

22% That's the percentage of the GDP London generates. Now, if my arithmetic is correct, that means that 78% of the GDP of the UK ISN'T generated in London which I know may come as a shock to some within the City of Westminster. If they ever took their heads out of their own arses they'd realise that London isn't the whole fucking country and that real, human people inhabit the areas outside of it.
The comment was a little bit tongue in cheek Billy. But seeing as you've raised the point about 22% of the country's GDP being generated by London's 8.8.million citizens(13% of the population) one is perhaps entitled to ask why the other 57.2 million aren't as productive. ;)
Yeahhhhh. No. London's figures are only so high because of the Finance, broking, insurance, legal, fund manager and banking sectors. These sectors employ about 751,000 people or about 8.5% of the population of London so I can bat your question back as to why aren't the other 91.5% of Londoners as productive hmmmm?

Besides, once we've all jolly well Brexited the financial industry in London will get decimated and the rest of the country will be footing the bill to clean up all the splattered brokers on the street after they've taken a 20 story dive. ;)
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8008
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 137
x 674

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:08 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:53 pm


The comment was a little bit tongue in cheek Billy. But seeing as you've raised the point about 22% of the country's GDP being generated by London's 8.8.million citizens(13% of the population) one is perhaps entitled to ask why the other 57.2 million aren't as productive. ;)
Yeahhhhh. No. London's figures are only so high because of the Finance, broking, insurance, legal, fund manager and banking sectors. These sectors employ about 751,000 people or about 8.5% of the population of London so I can bat your question back as to why aren't the other 91.5% of Londoners as productive hmmmm?

Besides, once we've all jolly well Brexited the financial industry in London will get decimated and the rest of the country will be footing the bill to clean up all the splattered brokers on the street after they've taken a 20 story dive. ;)
The splattered brokers are already preparing for the mass exodus mate. Frankfurt, Paris & Dublin await them with open arms.

Unless of course Boris embraces President Trump's overtures and we become the 51st state of the union. Now, how does it go? Oh say can you see, By the dawn's early light---------
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 452
x 566

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 am

We are living in amazing times. Cameron and May, two of the worst PMs in living (and dead) memory are now guaranteed to be followed by either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt. Think about that for a moment... but as an added bonus, if, as seems nailed on likely, whoever triumphs adds to the utter shambles British politics has become we could then get Jeremy Corbyn as a cherry on top.

As a run of PMs goes that would be quite something. Cameron, May, Johnson/Hunt, Corbyn. Like the four fucking horsemen of the apocalypse.
I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Jeremy; and Momentum was following with him.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8087
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 312
x 765

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:19 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 am
We are living in amazing times. Cameron and May, two of the worst PMs in living (and dead) memory are now guaranteed to be followed by either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt. Think about that for a moment... but as an added bonus, if, as seems nailed on likely, whoever triumphs adds to the utter shambles British politics has become we could then get Jeremy Corbyn as a cherry on top.

As a run of PMs goes that would be quite something. Cameron, May, Johnson/Hunt, Corbyn. Like the four fucking horsemen of the apocalypse.
I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Jeremy; and Momentum was following with him.
One version of it is 'And I saw a pale horse. And upon it a pale rider.'

So there it is.

Pale for PM. It's in the Book of Revelations.

My first proposal to go before the House will be to make Spurs illegal.
3 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 77
x 227

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by BillyDWhizz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:48 pm

I want to know how 160,000 Conservative members are going to vote when they only have 124,000 members. :| There's not a chance in Hell the Conservative party have somehow miraculously picked up 36,000 members since May 2018, no chance at all, in fact, if anything their numbers have been savaged with member defections to the Brexit party.

I smell a rat but then again it's Tory politics so fairness, rules, legality, clarity and ethics are just pesky little obstacles that can be ignored since they seem to be able to ride roughshod over anything and anyone they please with impunity, since for them at least, they are accountable to no one.
1 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 30
x 192

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:00 pm

As an alternative to Corbyns Kremlin I’d rather mop head in charge.
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media